aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

For me, referees are as much a part of the game as the teams. There would be something missing from football if there weren't dodgy decisions and talking points like dives or tight offsides. IMO they can't and shouldn't have robotic right/wrong answers.

As frustrating it is when a decision goes against your team, it's great when a decision goes for your team. Where human error is evident in players (Amoruso blazing a free kick over the top of the RDS, Stuart Duff passing the ball back to Chrstian Nade standing in an offside position, Darren Mackie's 'first touch'), I almost like that there is also human error when it comes to refereeing decisions. Part of the game; get on with it.

:]

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

Right on brutha.

That Stewart Duff pass to Nade was incredible. The real curiosity of that incident was why the fuck Nade was standing about 30 yards offside in the first place. He must have seen Stewart Duff coming on and thought "that useless cunt will pass the ball to me with his first touch..."

Right on brutha.

That Stewart Duff pass to Nade was incredible. The real curiosity of that incident was why the fuck Nade was standing about 30 yards offside in the first place. He must have seen Stewart Duff coming on and thought "that useless cunt will pass the ball to me with his first touch..."

He was still trying to get onside. TBF Nade wasn't in the best of shape at Hearts...

I personally think there is a difference between a ref mistake and a blatant cheating situation. We were crying for the head of that lithuanian lad a few years ago, we cant now turn a blind eye when our own players are doing it. A ref can make a mistake your right, but now a days players are very good at hiding the truth, at first glance Pawlet's looks like a pen, only when you see the reply does doubt creap in, there is no way a ref can analyse that in a split second, but i definitely agree with SFA reviewing these incidents and taking action if they can prove beyond doubt the player cheated, otherwise when will this ever stop?

According to radio reports, Kean has been quoted as saying he'd "be massively surprised if I was sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager."

I wouldn't be.

Blackburn Rovers are fucked. The guy comes across as completely out of his depth and uncomfortable as a Premier League football manager. Every interview he gives, he appears to have an ostensible nervousness about him, and a severe lack of sincere confidence in himself. He'll tell us all day that he's confident in his own ability and that of his players, but I really don't think he believes himself. He always appears to have a dose of the nervous shakes in every interview. Really bad sign.

I also think he's intellectually challenged and relies heavily on cliches. In my opinion, he's just not a good football manager, especially at the level he's at.

Kevin Gallagher made some interesting points today about how there's no support system of experienced staff in place for Kean to work with and that the Venky's don't have a clue what they're doing. He's definitely a shit manager but if it's the case that the club is being badly run, it's usually the manager who falls on his sword for it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16279904.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16284813

Who's that between Terry and Ferdinand? The look on his face I think proves that Terry is guilty...

"I have never aimed a racist remark at anyone and count people from all races and creeds among my closest friends."

Some of his best friends are black.

Probably not Ashley Cole though, no-one likes him.

Guest Gladstone

Yeah - by the rules it would be a red card everytime. I think if he'd stopped after 1 boot, I'd have let him off. He was already on the ground when he aimed the first one at him too. I can imagine if he'd lashed out in self defence whilst under threat of attack he'd have probably got away with it - but having got the guy on the ground, he wasn't really in any danger.

The cunt definitely deserved the shoeing though. Shame the keeper had to get a red card for it.

• Upvote 1

the thing is these days every decision is so scrutinized, talksport will be banging on about an issue days after the incident, we can all wax lyrical on the net. Whilst I am not against goal line technology, you do wonder if it will open a can of worms, I think if it comes in it has to be to detect whether the ball has crossed the line and nothing else. You can just imagine fergie and wenger bemoaning every decision. I like football the way it is meself and the way it always has been. Can't beat a bit of controversy!

I think them Venky people are just playing with Steve Kean but they're an odd bunch anyways. It will take a miracle of epic proportion to save Blackburn from relegation, rumour is Mark Hughes is set for a return with a massive bonus incentive to keep them up. Kean is a good coach but out of his depth as a manager. Think they're waiting till Christmas Eve to give him his Christmas pressie of his P45. Nicely gift wrapped as well!

According to the last page or two video replays would ruin would be a bad thing because it would take away the "fun" of arguing over referee decisions and it would be a bad thing because it wouldn't be conclusive and fans would still argue over refereeing decisions. ok.

There are some decisions which are just so wrong they completely change and ruin games. Anything that can be done to eliminate these is a good thing. With these worst decisions there's not even any interest in arguing over them because they're just clear and can only go one way. The idea technology would stop the flow of the game is ridiculous, players crowding the referee already does that.

Then there are the decisions which are close to call. People will always argue over the decisions of the referee but fans have to accept it is the opinion of the referee I just think it would be better if he based his opinion on seeing an incident twice or three time rather than once.

According to the last page or two video replays would ruin would be a bad thing because it would take away the "fun" of arguing over referee decisions and it would be a bad thing because it wouldn't be conclusive and fans would still argue over refereeing decisions. ok.

I don't think that's the consensus over the last few pages.

The main reason you can't have video replays for fouls is that there'd be too many. Everyone who got booked or sent off would demand the chance to instantly clear their name. It's the same reason that tennis limits the number of hawkeye appeals per set, although those are more clear cut as the ball is either in or out. It's better for most of the responsibility to remain with the referee. Contentious goals are different though. I'm not sure where I sit with penalty decisions but at the moment I'd like to see them remain with the referee.

Guest Gladstone

At roughly halfway through the SPL season, what are people's predictions...?

You maybe don't care - I'm just bored on a relatively quiet last day before Xmas at work...

Rangers are 4 points clear of Celtic at the top. At the moment, I'm thinking Rangers will take the title again, but a lot will depend on the outcome of the derby on the 28th and what happens in January. Rangers will struggle if they lose Jelavic.

I think ICT will finish bottom.

And I'm going to make a bold prediction that Aberdeen will finish in the top 6, along with Motherwell. Not sure about the other 2 top 6ers. Hearts' season could really go tits up if they lose a few players in January. United might sneak in along with Killie. 4th to 9th is still really tight.

I think Celtic will take the League Cup and the Scottish Cup.

I've been saying for weeks now that Kean will be out before the New Year if the owners have any sense. Give a new manager the chance to buy in his own players. Granted, they probably should have done it by now so the new manager has time to assess the squad...

Steve Kean is nowhere near Premiership manager quality. His "there's no board meeting scheduled" reply on MOTD last night was quality. If they're going to sack you, they're hardly going to tell you that they're having a meeting to discuss sacking you, you fud. You'll only find out when you're called in to receive the bad news. The man is totally delusional of his own ability. I can imagine even the players are hoping he gets sacked soon.