aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I don't think that's the consensus over the last few pages.

I was being a little facetious. I know there was no consensus on the matter but those two contradictory points were made by different people who otherwise had the same argument.

I certainly wouldn't want every decision going to a replay. I'd like the ref to have the ability to refer to video at any time he feels it would help him make the best decision and if the ref doesn't use the video for a decision that a team feels is wrong the team has a limited number of appeals to force a referral to video.

Or - just have no refs.

We managed fine in the school playground.

We didn't. We spent about half of all our break times arguing if the ball hit the imaginery post or cross bar, since all we had was bags and coats to depict the goal posts.

Blackburn, Bolton and Sunderland have all scored more goals than Liverpool. Great stat.

Guest Gladstone
We didn't. We spent about half of all our break times arguing if the ball hit the imaginery post or cross bar, since all we had was bags and coats to depict the goal posts.

Blackburn, Bolton and Sunderland have all scored more goals than Liverpool. Great stat.

You obviously lacked authority. I was the primary school team captain. I basically just decided.

We did have proper goals though cos New Deer Primary School was obviously incredible. The "pitch" was on tarmac and on a massive slope but it was still fucking ace. We basically played with the 5 a side team against the rest. 5 vs about 20. Fucking ace times.

Ah, the "our class vs your class" matches was great. I'd forgotton how it didn't matter a jot that your class might have more boys (or boys who want to play football) than the other.

My reason for hating Leeds was because we had games of Leeds fans vs everyone else, and they were all cocky shit bastards who were the best at football. There was this one lad, who used to go "wheeeey" whenever he'd take the ball past someone. Drove me mad for weeks, so after weeks of rage building up I met his pacey run with a knee high lunge. Sent him to the concrete. No regrets. I hated that kid.

I would have refused - the guy's been found guilty of being racist.

He's not been found guilty of anything. The FA have decided themselves that on the balance of evidence he made a remark which used a word which could be racist, not that he is actually a racist. Also he hasn't been convicted in a court of any crime.

You should read that article that Murrrrrrrrrrrrr posted a page or two back.

In the last year of primary school, we split away from our class, and formed our own team with the odd player from classes from the years below. We spent most of that year leeching kids from other classes, then towards the end of the year we went back to beat the rest of the class we split from. It was mint. A true underdog story. One of the lads drew up contracts on his Acorn computer for all the players we pinched. School lunchtime football was the best.

Guest Gladstone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond/2011/12/fa_face_dilemma_over_john_terr.html

Fuck me - this thing with John Terry is really started to get on my nerves. If (and it's still a big IF at the moment) he is found guilty, then he should (in my opinion) quite simply be dropped as England captain, and dropped from the team all together.

Pundits/columnists etc. seem to be torn because dropping him will affect England's chances - who gives a fuck? Sporting success can't be seen as more important than stamping racism out of the game.

This quote is just ridiculous:

Besides, were Terry to be found guilty, how on earth could a player found guilty of racially abusing an opponent on the field of play really lead a side which has so many black players?

What? So, if there were no black players in the England set-up, he could just go on being captain because he wouldn't offend any of the squad? Fuck off. Even if there were no black people living in England, he still shouldn't be captain IF found guilty.

I think the approach should simply be - nothing gets done until the criminal investigation is brought to a conclusion. If he's guilty, then the book gets thrown at him, if he's not, then carry on.

Guest Gladstone
He's not been found guilty of anything. The FA have decided themselves that on the balance of evidence he made a remark which used a word which could be racist, not that he is actually a racist. Also he hasn't been convicted in a court of any crime.

You should read that article that Murrrrrrrrrrrrr posted a page or two back.

Sorry - bad terminology.

But - I still don't think the players should have worn those t-shirts.

Clevz? Nah. Jonesy. He's going to be the english Roy Keane, but less of a twat, and more better.

Just saw the footage of the AZ keeps twatting the hooligan. It was obviously the second and third kicks which got him the red card. I get he could have gotten away with the first one as it was self defence, and the boy from the crowd came in with a flying kick himself. It was just a shit one, and he got put on his arse.

Still, can't blame the AZ keeper for letting him have it. Getting assaulted whilst doing your job is a bit shit. The guy deserved a smack. And he got it. With studded boots. Bet he's got some bonny bruises.

Still, look how far he gets onto the pitch before a steward gets anywhere near him! What are they doing? Fucking wasters are probably eating space cakes.