aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I might have said this the other day but Kenny really should have only been appointed to the end of the season. Unfortunately the situation with Roy in charge got to a point where he did have to go, despite him being good at his job it just wasn't going to work out at that club. Kenny fitted the bill perfectly for that moment because they needed a change to boost morale and get the supporters behind the team again. But his best coaching days are behind him and someone else should have been given the task of leading them forward this season.

A misfiring striker out and two young, unproven players in really wasn't good business. Liverpool fans will tell you otherwise though, because he is the King.

Suarez was good business though. As was Adam, as crap as I think he is, he does provide now and again, and they didn't bust the bank to bring him in. He takes a good corner at least. I just think he's an annoying little shit.

I have no idea when or who did the Suarez deal. It was a good deal, for whoever did it. I think any realistic sum of money would have been worth it for him though, as he is very good. Bit of a shit though. He likes to bite and spit on people. Nobody likes a guy like that.

In other news, Ronaldo's 103 goals in 107 games for Real Madrid is just stupid. He's very close to trumping fat Ronaldo's goal return, in about 60 fewer matches. but what do goals matter when you're winning fuck all, eh Ronnie? Should have stayed at United, you big knob.

Sky's team of the season so far

24gooxt.jpg

Not too terrible considering it did come from Sky.

Suarez really shouldn't be on it though. Sure he's been good and pool's best player but Rooney or any City striker have been "better" so far.

I haven't really seen much of Swansea so I wont say it's a bad pick but boy does Joe Allen look out of place there.

I have no idea when or who did the Suarez deal. It was a good deal, for whoever did it. I think any realistic sum of money would have been worth it for him though, as he is very good. Bit of a shit though. He likes to bite and spit on people. Nobody likes a guy like that.

In other news, Ronaldo's 103 goals in 107 games for Real Madrid is just stupid. He's very close to trumping fat Ronaldo's goal return, in about 60 fewer matches. but what do goals matter when you're winning fuck all, eh Ronnie? Should have stayed at United, you big knob.

He got the copa del rey last year :rolleyes:

They look very good for the league this year I reckon. On top form I'd still go for Barca in the head to heads but Real just don't look like dropping points to the lower teams just now. They're like a steamroller.

Anyone watch the Bibao - Barca match on sunday btw? It was fantastic. Great football and then some mad football at the end when the pitch became a big puddle.

I don't count the Copa Del Rey because it got dropped under a bus.

No one cares about domestic cups anyway. It's the title or old Big Ears that count. That's why no one cared when it got dropped under a bus.

kinda true. Beating Barca was much bigger for them than winning the cup. So when Barca won the CL semis the next week the cup was forgotten about.

Does anyone listen to the five live show / podcast "Monday Night Club: Booted"? I just started listening a few weeks ago. Different guests each week, usually football bloggers or freelance journos who talk about different things happening in world football. Yesterday's one was mostly about South American football and there was some very interesting (and fucking mental) stuff about the supporters groups / violent gangs who control much of the goings in Argentinian clubs.

Apparently these groups, which have a mafia like hierarchy, are so powerful they get a cut of transfer fees and all the money from sales of food, drink etc inside grounds. It's crazy.

Download it here. http://www.bbc.co.uk...sts/series/5lfd

Was speaking to a mate at the weekend who went to a Boca Jrs/River Plate game a couple of years back. He was saying it's absolutely wild! River Plate have just been relegated tho, with riots resulting from it. And that relelgation was despite the fact that the system is designed to prevent the big teams dropping.