aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

My god, can't believe the Scottish season starts tomorrow, Terry Butcher was moaning about it, it does seem a bit premature! Still good luck to you, whoever you support. I still have three weeks of pre season to look forward to, starting with a trip to near neighbours and former arch rivals back in the old days Cambridge City tomorrow then a home game against another former rival but not an arch rival Northampton Town on Tuesday. So nice to see my team more than competing against a strong Ipswich side last Tuesday, love this time of season when the rose-tinted specs are firmly still on me head. That'll all change come Aug 13 away at Wrexham when we get raped....

I still remember the day when the BBC started puttin the score in the top corner. Can't remember the game (that's maybe a question for that Guardian feature) but I do remember thinking 'oh that's it, the BBC have sold out.' There was something pure about watching the game with no score.

Still good luck to you, whoever you support.

I'm at Firhill for our encounter against Stenhousemuir in the highly-prestigious-until-you-get-turfed-out-Ramsdens-cup, a boring 2-0 win in front of 1200 hardly souls taking advantage of a tenner in is my prediction.....

Aye, it looks wrong now but there was a time when having the score in the corner represented a shift towards americanized football broadcasting. Does anybody else think this or is it just me? I mean, it makes complete sense to have it but there was something I quite liked about just having the occasional pop up at the bottom of the screen with the score.

it's an age thing, in my young days we were lucky to get a live game on the telly, sorry if this is coming over all 'during the war' like Uncle Albert in 'Only Fools And Horses' but it really is true. We got the European Cup Final and the FA Cup Final and that was about it, then in the mid 80's TV coverage started getting more widespread. The score thing was never an issue for us, we were thankful for seeing a live game on the box, it really was a big thing back then.

The BBC and ITV must have felt really stupid for not thinking of it before mind!

it's an age thing, in my young days we were lucky to get a live game on the telly, sorry if this is coming over all 'during the war' like Uncle Albert in 'Only Fools And Horses' but it really is true. We got the European Cup Final and the FA Cup Final and that was about it, then in the mid 80's TV coverage started getting more widespread. The score thing was never an issue for us, we were thankful for seeing a live game on the box, it really was a big thing back then.

The BBC and ITV must have felt really stupid for not thinking of it before mind!

I am old enough to remember it being a big deal when a game was televised and everyone would pile round to someone's house.

in the mid to late 80's I remember the BBC and ITV eternally grappling over footy rights, always remember the BBC showing a game circa 85/86 on a Friday night between Man U and Everton (I think anyways!) and it was a huge thing, we could all the game at home but because it was a live game we all piled round a mates house to watch.

There is way too much live footy on telly these days, I mean Premier Sports showing live Conference games??? Great, away at Mansfield on a Thursday night, cheers guys!

Aberdeen were pretty good today. St Johnstone will certainly feel lucky to get a point even after we were down to 10 men (deservedly but could've been a yellow on another day). We need a creative striker but there was a lot of positives today.

Foster was immense. Arnason is massive. Fyvie ripped them apart in the second half. Mackie had a good game.