aberdeen-music

Ridiculous News

Soda Jerk

This is bloody ridiculous. She's been arrested today though.

I'm confused - what could she be arrested for...? Breach of the peace, maybe?

Don't get me wrong, what she said was fucking abhorrent and I'm happy she's being punished for it, I'm just curious as to where this kind of behavious sits legally..? It's classed as racial offence according to the Beeb website, but is offending someone really grounds for arrest? Or is it one of those grey areas where if I offend someone by saying that their football team are inferior to my football team then no one will really care but in extreme cases like that then action can be taken?

xx

"There are other offences of publishing or distributing material; presenting or directing a play; distributing, showing or playing visual images or sounds; broadcasting a television programme, except programmes transmitted by the BBC;"

This might be me being dense, but does that mean the BBC can be racist?

"There are other offences of publishing or distributing material; presenting or directing a play; distributing, showing or playing visual images or sounds; broadcasting a television programme, except programmes transmitted by the BBC;"

This might be me being dense, but does that mean the BBC can be racist?

I'd assume that it means the BBC can broadcast people being racist and saying racist things but they'll have to do so impartially. "Person X thinks this, person Y disagrees..." kinda thing...?

xx