aberdeen-music

Ridiculous News

Soda Jerk

But you'd get out of your car if you just ran down one solitary biker, right?  How about if you ploughed down a pedestrian and his non-biker mates were standing nearby?  Maybe if your helpless wife was tucked up at home?

If you're going to drive a big fucking car, you take responsibility for the things you do with it.  At least if he took an initial beating after his reckless tailgating at the start (which I doubt would have involved much more than being called a twat by a few motorcyclists) at least he'd be in the right.  Instead, he panicked and escalated the situation.  I feel the people saying 'I would do the same' are not learning anything from these events.

But you'd get out of your car if you just ran down one solitary biker, right?  How about if you ploughed down a pedestrian and his non-biker mates were standing nearby?  Maybe if your helpless wife was tucked up at home?

If you're going to drive a big fucking car, you take responsibility for the things you do with it.  At least if he took an initial beating after his reckless tailgating at the start (which I doubt would have involved much more than being called a twat by a few motorcyclists) at least he'd be in the right.  Instead, he panicked and escalated the situation.  I feel the people saying 'I would do the same' are not learning anything from these events.

LOL, nope. The biker clearly pulls in about a meter in front of the car, and slams his brakes on. It's pretty clear that the bikes are purposefully trying to obstruct and slow down the rest of the traffic too. Probably to give themselves a clear stretch of road ahead to make footage on their bikes.

The driver reacts like a dickhead, but the bikers were most definitely being dickheads too. Everybody are dickhead?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still the drivers fault yeh?

http://news.sky.com/story/1166250/new-york-biker-brawl-cop-among-11-charged

The only thing in that piece that's not alleged is that the driver ran a man over and that the encounter began with the SUV bumping a motorcycle?  So going by the article... clearly the guy's fault that he got an 'alleged' beating... yeh?  Great pick Milner.

Am I going mental?... I strongly disagree that the driver has any blame to take here.

This was pretty big news over here and I've watched all the related videos in their entirety. I didn't read what the daily mail or Sky has to say about it but here's what I do know:

- Biker gangs are known for trying to block everyone off on highways so they can race

- This guy must've gotten through one of the blocades and that pissed off the gang

- The guy had his wife and kid in the car, was surrounded by 50 odd angry looking dudes up near the Bronx

- If the above happened to me, I'd take no chances. He was legitimately fearing for his and his family's safety.

- Fuck the guy who got paralyzed, he brake-checked an SUV, any responsible motorcycle owner would suggest this is suicide. 

- His fear was warranted... they tried to smash his windows and beat him up.

- these...

http://gothamist.com/2013/10/22/new_video_shows_motorcyclists_stomp.php

http://gothamist.com/2013/10/06/video_new_footage_of_motorcyclists.php

Am I going mental?... I strongly disagree that the driver has any blame to take here.

This was pretty big news over here and I've watched all the related videos in their entirety. I didn't read what the daily mail or Sky has to say about it but here's what I do know:

- Biker gangs are known for trying to block everyone off on highways so they can race

- This guy must've gotten through one of the blocades and that pissed off the gang

- The guy had his wife and kid in the car, was surrounded by 50 odd angry looking dudes up near the Bronx

- If the above happened to me, I'd take no chances. He was legitimately fearing for his and his family's safety.

- Fuck the guy who got paralyzed, he brake-checked an SUV, any responsible motorcycle owner would suggest this is suicide. 

- His fear was warranted... they tried to smash his windows and beat him up.

- these...

http://gothamist.com/2013/10/22/new_video_shows_motorcyclists_stomp.php

http://gothamist.com/2013/10/06/video_new_footage_of_motorcyclists.php

Thank you some sense finally.

This guy should also have run over this dude. And then shot him in the head. Cos he was in danger.

Not quite the same. If there was 50 of them, everyone was travelling at speed and there had been several attempts at running him off the road then yeah maybe. My views on self-defence (if I have any at all) are very much a case by case basis though so I wouldn't want to draw any parallels.

We'll agree to disagree I suppose (possibly the most infuriating phrase in the english language I know). At first I assumed the guy in the SUV must have been in some way to blame - but the evidence points to this biker gang just plain being dicks. Check out some of the other videos they used as evidence in the case - they have a history of being dicks just for the sake of it and seriously endangering people's lives (I detest reckless driving in all forms, whether its people driving drunk, texting while driving or like these guys using the road as a playground. I've seen way too many people in my life get in bad car accidents to ever side with anyone who thinks its ok to drive like that). They got what they deserved in my opinion.

And so did the driver of the SUV. I don't doubt they were being dicks. But being a dick doesn't warrant getting both your legs broken as you are run over. And running them over did...exactly fuck all except anger the bikers you were already scared of and are definitely going to keep up with you no matter where you drive to. Maybe if he'd just...apologised? Given some insurance information? Who knows. Something tells me he wouldn't have had his windows smashed with a helmet and then beaten to fuck.

Edited by Teabags