aberdeen-music

Ridiculous News

Soda Jerk

Nope, I miraculously managed to be a well behaved child who did well at school without having a grown adult twice my size give blows to the head and stick the boot into me in a public street. But sure, it's PC gone mad, bloody nanny state blah blah blah..

Yeah let's just keep to Fight Club rules for developing skulls of small children, as long as they don't go limp, fair game. Fucking hell. 

If it was an adult with Cerebral Palsy out on the street with a carer who's got frustrated with them and starts laying into them, is that fine too?

Read what you have said, "started laying into them" you make it sound like the parent had the child on the ground whilst she battered him black and blue, it would have been a skelp round the head and boot in the arse as he was walking away, hardly abuse. 

Read what you have said, "started laying into them" you make it sound like the parent had the child on the ground whilst she battered him black and blue, it would have been a skelp round the head and boot in the arse as he was walking away, hardly abuse. 

Well it was an adult sized person I was using in that example, so I used more a more violent example.

But fine, say your boss gave you skelp round the head and a boot in the arse at work. Sure you might be pressing assualt charges, but would you find that acceptable in any way acceptable?

• Upvote 1

Well it was an adult sized person I was using in that example, so I used more a more violent example.

But fine, say your boss gave you skelp round the head and a boot in the arse at work. Sure you might be pressing assualt charges, but would you find that acceptable in any way acceptable?

My boss and my dad are two very different and completely unrelated people. If my boss called me a prick id raise a formal complaint, if my dad did, id call him a prick back. Those situations are in no way at all similar.

Ive never felt the need to press charges against my dad for skelping me, its ridiculous that any parent can be hauled up in court for that. 

Edited by The Milner

If you don't want public scrutiny on hitting your child, don't hit them in public.

With the whole "never did me any harm" thing, sure getting a smacked arse didn't leave anything wrong with me, but it certainly didn't make me see the error of my ways or teach me any valuable lessons. If it was an actually effective form of discipline, what would be wrong with your boss giving you that skelp for making a mistake?

Also, it's not as if this mum is getting locked up or having her kids taken away, she got admonished by the judge. Though he should have given her a slap to make sure she didn't do it again, right?

Children and adults are different. You know that, right?

Getting a skelp from my Dad as a child stopped me doing stupid shit. I wouldn't think "I'm gonna get you locked up for that shit, you cunt."

Getting a skelp from my boss would make me think "I'm gonna get you locked up for that shit, you cunt.". It wouldn't make me stop doing stupid shit.

Same way if my Dad gave me a verbal and then a written warning, I'd go "LOL. The fuck's this?" and just do it again.

If my boss game gave me a verbal and then a written warning, I'd go "Fuck, I better not do that again."

Edited by Teabags
  • Upvote 3

Nope, I miraculously managed to be a well behaved child who did well at school without having a grown adult twice my size give blows to the head and stick the boot into me in a public street. But sure, it's PC gone mad, bloody nanny state blah blah blah..

Yeah let's just keep to Fight Club rules for developing skulls of small children, as long as they don't go limp, fair game. Fucking hell. 

If it was an adult with Cerebral Palsy out on the street with a carer who's got frustrated with them and starts laying into them, is that fine too?

If you don't want public scrutiny on hitting your child, don't hit them in public.

With the whole "never did me any harm" thing, sure getting a smacked arse didn't leave anything wrong with me, but it certainly didn't make me see the error of my ways or teach me any valuable lessons. If it was an actually effective form of discipline, what would be wrong with your boss giving you that skelp for making a mistake?

Also, it's not as if this mum is getting locked up or having her kids taken away, she got admonished by the judge. Though he should have given her a slap to make sure she didn't do it again, right?

3ptec3.jpg

What about kicked gently in the fleshiest part of the body? Whats the difference with doing it with a hand over a foot?

The bottom line here is none of your examples are even remotely close to this situation, im sure a lot of people have been smacked over the years without feeling the need to take legal action over their parents. No one was beaten, or laid into, it was a mother disciplining her kid, could she have waited till she got home, sure, would it be any different, of course not. This would have been some nosey git sticking their oar into something that had nothing to do with them taking some moral high ground and getting a parent into trouble who was probably out of her mind with fear over where her child was since he wasnt answering his phone, most likely because he knew he was in trouble.

Edited by The Milner

The article just said kicked in the body.

And my point with the examples was that smacking as discipline seems to be only ok with children, IMO there are much more effective ways of disciplining kids if you act like an adult and keep your cool. If you can't contain your frustration when faced with a 9 year old in front of people, and were severe enough to warrant concern from onlookers, then maybe you deserve a telling off. That's all. I'm not sying she should be labelled a child abuser and locked up, just get told to keep your shit together next time. Which is exactly what happened, so I personally don't see it as a sign of BROKEN BRITAIN.

• Upvote 2

The article just said kicked in the body.

And my point with the examples was that smacking as discipline seems to be only ok with children, IMO there are much more effective ways of disciplining kids if you act like an adult and keep your cool. If you can't contain your frustration when faced with a 9 year old in front of people, and were severe enough to warrant concern from onlookers, then maybe you deserve a telling off. That's all. I'm not sying she should be labelled a child abuser and locked up, just get told to keep your shit together next time. Which is exactly what happened, so I personally don't see it as a sign of BROKEN BRITAIN.

Im sure if your child went missing for an hour an a half, late at night, and wasnt answering their phone, you would be completely calm and able to contain your frustration.

Anyone read about this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2438620/Shocking-video-Range-Rover-crashing-bikers-surround-vehicle-annual-street-ride.html

Pretty fucking mental like, i would have been like the guy in the SUV, i would plowed through the bikers no question in that situation. 

Can I come round and give you a thick ear every time you agree with a shit Daily Mail article?

i think its fair to assume that since she isnt getting charged, that she didnt punch her child in the face.

You could assume that yes. You would be assuming though. The point is it is a thin line but there is a line where it becomes abuse. Also as other people have said it doesn't show the child the correct way to deal with frustration.

What do you mean, agree with a shit daily mail article? DId you read it? 

Yes. It's a muddled piece of hack writing that somehow sympathises with the driver of an SUV who allegedly panicked at a group of 'bikers' (hardly one percenters judging by the photos) and attempted to kill a couple of them.  So they panned in his windows.  His oblivious baby and his wife had to witness him shitting his pants (which is terrible, because women are precious flowers who need protected from reality).

• Upvote 1

Yes. It's a muddled piece of hack writing that somehow sympathises with the driver of an SUV who allegedly panicked at a group of 'bikers' (hardly one percenters judging by the photos) and attempted to kill a couple of them.  So they panned in his windows.  His oblivious baby and his wife had to witness him shitting his pants (which is terrible, because women are precious flowers who need protected from reality).

Haha, i suggest you read into it more before having a go. There is a lot more too it than what you seem to think, and its the bikers who are getting done for it, not the driver. 

Sounds like he got frustrated at being behind bikers got too close almost killed one of them and then all hell broke loose. If a load of people were panning in my windows with my wife and kid in there I would react in a similar way but I wouldn't have been so close to the bikers in my big massive car. I am guilty of assuming though.

Sounds like he got frustrated at being behind bikers got too close almost killed one of them and then all hell broke loose. If a load of people were panning in my windows with my wife and kid in there I would react in a similar way but I wouldn't have been so close to the bikers in my big massive car. I am guilty of assuming though.

You are guilty of assuming, and wrongly assuming.

The bikers thought he had cut infront of one of them, they then boxed his car in and intentionally forced him to stop by braking suddenly infront of him (one biker has been charged for this already) they then attacked his car without speaking to him, which is when he sped off and drove over one of them, they then chased him down, smashed the window of his car, tried to smash the window when his baby was sitting in the back, beat the shit out of him, and slashed open his face. The police are not pressing charges against the man in the car, but they are hunting the bikers. 

Im sure all the hardmen of the internet would have gotten out of their car and confronted 50 angry bikers without too much concern but for most normal people this is quite a scary event, especially with a wife and 6 month old baby in the car. 

You are guilty of assuming, and wrongly assuming.

The bikers thought he had cut infront of one of them, they then boxed his car in and intentionally forced him to stop by braking suddenly infront of him (one biker has been charged for this already) they then attacked his car without speaking to him, which is when he sped off and drove over one of them, they then chased him down, smashed the window of his car, tried to smash the window when his baby was sitting in the back, beat the shit out of him, and slashed open his face. The police are not pressing charges against the man in the car, but they are hunting the bikers. 

Im sure all the hardmen of the internet would have gotten out of their car and confronted 50 angry bikers without too much concern but for most normal people this is quite a scary event, especially with a wife and 6 month old baby in the car.

I can't watch the video at work but I don't see the bit about the bikers thinking he had cut in front of him. I see " according to Lien, a large number of motorcyclists were driving 'erratically' and he 'accidentally collided with one'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2438620/Shocking-video-Range-Rover-crashing-bikers-surround-vehicle-annual-street-ride.html#ixzz2gfhrwf7w

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook