aberdeen-music

Gig Tickets You've Bought...

psydoll

But then ended up missing the gig. Anyone been in that situation before? What were the factors that made you miss the gig, how much did it set you back, did you ever see the bands again and who was playing?

This all relates to the Wilt/Seafood/Turn gig at Glow 303 ages ago that I found my ticket for that never did get me in. They IDed me and I had no ID :(

The worst bit of all this was that I still haven't seen Turn or Seafood but really enjoyed Reef at the Music Hall even more because Wilt were supporting. :)

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

i had a ticket to see placebo in london last year.

unfortunately, i split up with the guy who was taking me the day before the gig.

i think i was more upset about missing the gig at the time.

Gigs missed

Alice in Chains and The Wildhearts at Glasgow Barro's. I was supposed to go with my brother, but he had to work and I was too young to drive myself. Was supposed to be Screaming Trees as original support as well.

Rage Against the Machine, Tool and Wool and Glasgow Barro's, same problem as above.

Guest neil ex

it's thankfully not happened to me, but one of my mates bought an aereogramme ticket and aimlessly thought the gig was the friday after the friday that the gig was on. he still has the ticket on his bedroom wall.

Blink 182 this February as I had my English prelim the next morning, and I just wasn't hardcore enough to do it... I ended up getting nothing extra off the ticket after my brother sold it in the queue. But I did get the best mark in the exam, and I'll be seeing Blink in December. :up:

ditto' date=' four tickets with gold writing with sebadoh supporting for the SECC, April 1994[/quote']

Moi aussi, I believe Cobain took an overdose in Rome around that time, and was dead about week later. The Raincoats were the first support, I still have the ticket, they're going for a mint on EBay.

The only other ticket I've bought and not gone to the gig was The Alabama 3 at the Liquid Rooms, can't remember why I couldn't go, but I've seen them loads of times anyway.

The Wildhearts - Santa in Shitsville tour.

Shed 7 - 95? Lemon Tree - Don`t ask....

Cooper Temple Clause @ The Forum

Goldfinger`s first Scottish date at King Tuts

Cast ur mind back to the fateful "BOY HITS CAR" experience yourself, kenny and i had about three years ago. Although we didn't actually have tickets that was one of the funniest road trips i've ever been on!!!! Pigeons and all.

Travis... for AECC like erm... 3 years ago... maybe 2... I dunno.... I didn't go because... I sold it at the last minute realising I didn't want to go that much, just a pile of my friends were going.

My mum and dad had to write off their Blondie tickets from 2 years ago... which was a shame because I would have liked to have used them.