aberdeen-music

Vegans

I only had tofu for the first time a couple months ago. Had the texture I always imagined it would. Not for me.

... Says the guy who had "Quorn Swedish Style 'meat' balls" for dinner last night.

You have to cook it right. If I'm making a curry I'll cut it into cubes then bake it on a low temp for a good while till it gets a nice crust, then I'll throw it in the curry for a bit till it rehydrates a bit without losing the crust. Then it has the chewier meat texture without being crumbly or slimey.

Look up clean eating receipes on pinterest, most are vegan and are really simple recipes - there was an ace one for wee almond and oatmeal cookies as a snack, although it did have honey in it... they were really quick to make, and a great snack.

Some of the salad options look delicious, I'm just a fussy bitch so haven't tried many yet.

might have to check this out, my other half is veggie so alot of what i eat is also veggie. and ive heard good things about the chinese supermarket, hoping you mean the one on powis?

The very same. It's the bags of fried tofu that are great. It doesn't crumble or fall apart, the stuff most tofu haterz haven't tried!

Really cheap veg, rice and sauce too.

Edited by girl anachronism

• 1 year later...