aberdeen-music

Vegans

Just remember (like REALLY bear it in mind) that Vegans stink like no other people in the world. Do not think that you can drop out a silent parp while in the company of others. They will know that it is you, because nothing honks like a Vegan trump.

Yeah, so this is entirely ridiculous.

(However, I don't fart as I'm a girl, you'd have to verify with a male vegan).

If you thought that was a guy, then that is quite funny.

The guy I saw in real life was definitely a guy. Just so happens that the only picture I could find on the internet of said t-shirt was modelled by a woman.

Edit: Would be an easy mistake to make. My tits are bigger than hers!

I think I'd sooner have a smelly arse than one full of cancer.

vegetables :rockon:

My dog died of cancer of the arse. It was either get it out and have him shitting everywhere or get him put down.

He wasn't a vegan. But it wasn't his choice. Maybe if he was he would've lived. But he would've probably been given away for having such a smelly arse.

I'd be happy to eat vegan now and again. But if it's making my arse pong I couldn't do it on a date.

• 3 months later...

I want a change of lifestyle. Recently given up booze and I'm not gonna touch fags any more as I only smoke when I'm drunk. I thought I might aswell go the whole hog. I've read up on the health benefits and the only con seems to be these missing proteins and such. I mean, if I don't like it I'll eat meat. But I want to give it a go and see if it affects me in a positive way.

Losing protein from 'carnivore' to vegetarian is very minimal. People seem to think that red meat is the only thing in the world that gives them protein, which is poppycock.

All nuts (and peanut butters)

All beans

All pulses

Brown rice

Tofu

Tempeh

Meat substitutes (although as Claire said - dont rely on these as your only food source)

Broccoli

Potatoes

and Spinach (Popeye knew his stuff)

These are all sources of protein for vegetarians/vegans - obviously with different concentrations in each item - but this misconception that if you go vegetarian/vegan you'll suddenly fall asleep and not have the strength to stand back up is twaddle (see: poppycock)

Losing protein from 'carnivore' to vegetarian is very minimal. People seem to think that red meat is the only thing in the world that gives them protein, which is poppycock.

All nuts (and peanut butters)

All beans

All pulses

Brown rice

Tofu

Tempeh

Meat substitutes (although as Claire said - dont rely on these as your only food source)

Broccoli

Potatoes

and Spinach (Popeye knew his stuff)

These are all sources of protein for vegetarians/vegans - obviously with different concentrations in each item - but this misconception that if you go vegetarian/vegan you'll suddenly fall asleep and not have the strength to stand back up is twaddle (see: poppycock)

Cool, cheers for that. What about those vitamins? Like.. I think it's B12 and D or something...

EDIT: Just tried to rep you for good info but I must spread.

Cool, cheers for that. What about those vitamins? Like.. I think it's B12 and D or something...

EDIT: Just tried to rep you for good info but I must spread.

You can get bottles of Vitamin B12 (30 tablets, one a day) from either The Nutri-Centre or Grampian Health Foods or Holland and Barrett.

I can't imagine you'd need to worry too much about Vitamin B12 on a vegetarian diet, but it's definitely worth looking into what you might need if you've never not eaten meat for a prolonged period before.