aberdeen-music

Confessions

ca_gere

• 3 weeks later...

Less a "I have never seen Star Wars" post, and more a confession of doing something terrible.

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. This is the most dishonest thing I've ever done, and I only just remembered about it.

Many years ago, three friends and I went to a popular Aberdeen bar for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. We had 4 meals, plus teas, coffees, juice, and about 2 pints each. Midway through our meal, the table opposite ours freed up, where two women had just had a cup of coffee each, paid their bill and left. Their table was bigger and had sofas, so we picked up all our stuff and moved over to that table. When we were finished eating and drinking, we asked the waitress for our bill. Clearly not paying much attention, she had evidently forgotten that we'd moved tables, went to the machine and printed out the bill for the table we were now sitting at.... and brought us a bill for two cups of coffee. We'd probably had about £60 worth of food and drinks and she brought us a bill for a fiver. We left a fiver, a £1 tip and bailed.

Legally I'm not sure whether we broke the law or not - she presented us with a bill and we paid it. Morally however, outrageous behaviour. Especially since the poor waitress probably had to pay our bill out of her wages. I still feel bad about that.

If it was the first time she probably just got a bollocking and didn't have to pay for it.

Me and a mate went to the Illicit Still for our tea once. We got our pints from the bar, let the guy know we'd be ordering food, had another pint when the food came and sat around and had another several after our food. Racking up quite a lot of pints onto this bill. As time went on we were discussing band stuff, organising gigs, etc. and the food just slipped our mind, we decided to go to another pub, stood up and did so about an hour or two after finishing our food. After we arrived at said new pub, we realised we hadn't paid.

I have only been back to the Illicit Still once since and still feel horrible for it, but being drunk and opportunistic, we never went back and did it at the time.

Still feel like a dickhead for doing that.

Why you common thief! Some crime fighter you turned out to be.

I've swagged free grub from the Illicit Still too. Half way through eating our food, folk just poured in through the doors. It was the day Scotland played a game of eggchase down at Pittodrie. It had just finished, so they'd all come in to the Illicit Still to watch more RUGGA and go "weeeeeeey!" everytime England dropped the ball. We finished up, and I went up to try and pay the bill. I couldn't get anywhere near the bar. The place was just heaving, and that pub really isn't laid out for large groups of people watching sports, so no idea why the picked the most impractical pub for doing so, when there's Weatherspoons just round the corner. There was nobody behind the bar that I could see, and I was behind about 3 rows of rugby fans who were all chanting about how they totally hate England, or something. After a few minutes of trying to give someone some money for the food I just ate, I got fed up of not being able to find an actual member of staff and walked out. I don't feel that bad, because the starters never actually turned up, and one of the mains was wrong, and the other was cold. I've not eaten there since. Not out of guilt, but because it was shit the first time.

• Upvote 1

I've swagged free grub from the Illicit Still too. Half way through eating our food, folk just poured in through the doors. It was the day Scotland played a game of eggchase down at Pittodrie. It had just finished, so they'd all come in to the Illicit Still to watch more RUGGA and go "weeeeeeey!" everytime England dropped the ball. We finished up, and I went up to try and pay the bill. I couldn't get anywhere near the bar. The place was just heaving, and that pub really isn't laid out for large groups of people watching sports, so no idea why the picked the most impractical pub for doing so, when there's Weatherspoons just round the corner. There was nobody behind the bar that I could see, and I was behind about 3 rows of rugby fans who were all chanting about how they totally hate England, or something. After a few minutes of trying to give someone some money for the food I just ate, I got fed up of not being able to find an actual member of staff and walked out. I don't feel that bad, because the starters never actually turned up, and one of the mains was wrong, and the other was cold. I've not eaten there since. Not out of guilt, but because it was shit the first time.

Wetherspoons don't show sports, or any tv, or play music.

If that was after the Samoa game then everyone leaving Pittodrie was desperate to get into ANY pub. Fucking baltic. I couldn't feel my feet afterwards but we had to go as far as Under The Hammer to find a pub that the rest of the crowd hadn't beaten us to already so we could get a seat.