aberdeen-music

The Hip Hop Thread

Lemonade

Guest Giles Walker
so as mid-hipsters get into hip hop, full on hipsters start making this absolute pish ^

Haha, it's still better than Gucci Mane or Waka Flocka Flame though... (apart from the Wallmart rap song, that is hilariously terrible "panty panty panty panty panty pantyhose")

Kreayshawn directed a few of Lil B's videos, you can see her in one or two of them, blazing up some trees. Weirdly, her mother was the guitarist in Trashwomen.

Trashwomen - Dragula

l.jpg

3314137510_a2fe62c104.jpg

blap.gif

I can't help but feel that Tumblr Rap will be a minor blip on the music radar, as much fun as it is.

This on the other hand...

SHIZZIO BMF - Ft DAVE COURTNEY UK GANGSTA

nagl2.gif

Guest Giles Walker
Hey guys, could someone recommend me some Hip-Hop please!?

A good place to start is The Rub's 'History Of Hip Hop' mixes. They do a mix for every year starting in 1979 and go right through to 2009.

You could do one a day and then within a month you would know most of the classic hip hop records of the last 30 years. At the very least you would get an idea of how the sound changed over the years.

I posted a link to them in this very thread about a year ago.

Guest Giles Walker

Local producer/mc Cruiky (who some of you might remember from working at One Up a looooong time ago) did a cool hip hop set at the Cellar Bar.

Check it.

Mostly made up of his own productions, but with a few acapellas and collaborations he has worked on thrown in.

(Sorry this isn't the latest Kanye leak posted from P4K or something)

Local producer/mc Cruiky (who some of you might remember from working at One Up a looooong time ago) did a cool hip hop set at the Cellar Bar.

Check it.

Mostly made up of his own productions, but with a few acapellas and collaborations he has worked on thrown in.

This is hit or miss, but when it hits, it's good.

Check it.

This is pretty good.

Nae need for the bit you tacked on at the end there though. Kinda made me not want to bother listen at all. Play nice please.

I'm hearing that the new Kendrick Lamar release is outstanding. Anyone checked it out yet?

Really getting into Curren$y at the moment. His tunes are just perfect summertime hangover music. Loving Pilot Talk I & II, might have to get Weekend At Burnie's now.

I'm also hearing great things about section 80. Only heard a couple of tracks but they were both very good. I definitely need to check it out.

As for this year's curren$y I prefer Covert Coup to Weekend at Burnies (although I haven't listened to it much). Crazy to think he might still have two more studio albums out this year.

In my usual 3 years out of date stylee, I've been enjoying the YelloWhite album by MellowHype, I tried to get BlackenedWhite too, but half of that online free OF shit seems to be fucked up and corrupted, so the version I got sounded like it was played at -8 or slower, still quite enjoyed it inna screwed way.

I would post 'Smoke Sum Kush With Me' but it isn't on YT.

Guest Giles Walker

This Lord Finesse remix is real good.

Been getting into Curren$y recently as well, not found a good moment to drop any of his tunes tho...

Must be more for headphone listening.

This is your best one yet I'd say.

Offshore remix of Wiley

Another Aberdeen producer who is good.

That's decent too. I've always quite liked Wiley. Some of his tracks get too cheesy-grime so this one's a treat.

In other news, I'm going to see Raekwon, Smiff N Wessun and Joelle Ortiz play a free gig this wknd. Stoked! I'm a bit poopy-panty about it though because SnW had an album launch the other week and there were gunshots and riots, etc. All adds to the fun I suppose.