aberdeen-music

The Hip Hop Thread

Lemonade

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Has anybody on here seen MF Doom live before? I'm tempted to head to the Glasgow date next week, but for some reason I've always had the impression that he's meant to be pretty disappointing live.

saw him last year, was fairly good, couldnt move any closer to the stage though and i had a shite view of it. dont like the arches

Childish Gambino has around 1 good song for every 5 or 6 shit songs. No consistency and a whole lot of bilge, but there a few solid tracks. His lyrics are of the same consistency. Some are quite awesome in dark humour sort of way, which probably stems healthily from him being a comedian, but mostly the rest are horribly cringe-worthy.

I quite like his voice and delivery when he raps. I genuinely wish it was as good because of that, but it's mostly not.

This.

A friend of mine was banging on about him for a long time before giving me a copy of the EP, but I just didn't think anything of it at all. Disappointing.

A lot of people going mad about the new A$AP Rocky mixtape. I haven't listened to it yet though, except a couple of tracks once.

Anyway you can play / download it here. http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/15168/asap_rocky_liveloveaap.html

The opening track, which does sound very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIcMiWHiUm4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Giles Walker

Ol' Dirty Bastard was a bad man. Need proof? His 93-page FBI rap-sheet has been made public so you can see all the wonderful felonies both ODB and the rest of his Wu-Tang family have been investigated for over the years.

The lengthy file claims that the Wu-Tang Clan was "heavily involved in the sale of drugs, illegal guns, weapons possession, murder, carjacking and other types of violent crime." This wonderful document was unearthed by Ohio resident Rich Jones. Jones acquired the document by filing a 'freedom of information act request,' which essentially allows members of the public to request access to documents that were previously kept under-wraps by the US government.

The highlights include:

- Connections to the murder of 3 men

- Connections to the Bloods Gang.

- A shoot-out with the NYPD.

- Arrest for felony possession of body armour.

- Found in possession of large bags full of cash.

Our personal favourite documents the occasion where ODB was robbed at gunpoint in his sleep! The report goes on to say…

"Jones (ODB) was awoken from his sleep by a man who was pointing .357 or .45 caliber grey gun in his face. Jones was unaware of what was happening and reacted by jumping up from the bed. The Unknown male and Jones wrestled until the Unknown male shot Jones in the arm and back. At first Jones was not aware that he was shot."

Well we can all relate to that!!

The 93-page crime-compendium is available in its entirety

here.

(From here)

• Upvote 1