aberdeen-music

The Hip Hop Thread

Lemonade

Why Doing My Thang never came out in 07 is beyond me.

(i realise i am talking to myself in this thread btw)

It's coz this is the first decent thing you've posted in a while. Most of your input in this thread has been 'check these wack popular rappers and how much pitchfork likes them', no?

In other news, I just found out this happened GZA (feat. Wavves) - Liquid Swords - YouTube

Guest Giles Walker
It's coz this is the first decent thing you've posted in a while. Most of your input in this thread has been 'check these wack popular rappers and how much pitchfork likes them', no?

In other news, I just found out this happened GZA (feat. Wavves) - Liquid Swords - YouTube

Nice trolling attempt, and like you have even clicked on any of the links i posted in here anyway...

I meant, it would have sounded better in the musical climate of 2007, so i do not understand why they held back.

• 4 weeks later...

That was an ace Nas video. Taken down now :(

In other news, Troy from community is total embarrasment to the world of hip hop. He's shockingly shit. Please stop what you are doing and stick to acting in light hearted sitcoms, and a bit of stand up. I don't know why he's bounding about like a fool in this video. He seems to think he's good at everything, including dancing. Really hate his stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otPxoVQiIGo

Childish Gambino has around 1 good song for every 5 or 6 shit songs. No consistency and a whole lot of bilge, but there a few solid tracks. His lyrics are of the same consistency. Some are quite awesome in dark humour sort of way, which probably stems healthily from him being a comedian, but mostly the rest are horribly cringe-worthy.

I quite like his voice and delivery when he raps. I genuinely wish it was as good because of that, but it's mostly not.

The Roots Reveal Tracklist & Concept For "undun," Features Big K.R.I.T.

In anticipation of the December 6th release of their first-ever concept album, The Roots has announced that its first single off undun will be titled "Make My" featuring Big K.R.I.T. The cut will impact iTunes on November 1st.

Additionally, the group revealed that the album is a re-telling of Redford Stephens, illustrating "the intersection of free will and prescribed destiny as it plays out 'on the corner.' Utilizing a reverse narrative arc, the album begins as the listener finds Redford disoriented--postmortem--and attempting to make sense of his former life. As he moves through its pivotal moments he begins to deconstruct all that has led to his (and our own) coming undun."

"At this point in our career we'd like for our work to have a unifying theme, and an experiential quality,” said Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson in a press release. “We've been intentionally making our albums shorter in length so that they can be experienced as a continuous work. The music is band-oriented with an eye on the moody cinematic. As a DJ, I am the King of playlists, but I don't want our albums to feel like a playlist or a mixtape for that matter. We want to tell stories that work within the album format and we want the stories to be nuanced and useful to people. undun is the story of this kid who becomes criminal, but he wasn't born criminal. He's not the nouveau exotic primitive bug-eyed gunrunner like Tupac’s character Bishop in “Juice”... he's actually thoughtful and is neither victim nor hero. Just some kid who begins to order his world in a way that makes the most sense to him at a given moment... At the end of the day... isn't that what we all do?”

Check the tracklist below.

1. Sleep

2. Make My

3. One Time

4. Kool On

5. The Jump

6. Stomp

7. Lighthouse

8. I Remember

9. Tip The Scale

10. Redford

And here's the single http://soundcloud.com/okayplayer/the-roots-make-my-featuring

• 2 weeks later...