aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Aye, if I follow the advice from my physio and do the exercises he gives me it should get back to normal.  Already seen a massive improvement over last couple of months and I'm back up to a normal running schedule. Just starting to add distance again (just under 9 miles this morning).  No reason why I shouldn't be hitting half-marathons again next year.

Can anyone recommend an app for keeping track of your data usage on a phone? My girlfriends phone has suddenly started eating data at an alarming rate, jumped up to almost half a Gb per day from usually around 50Mb, and its destroying her credit. Hasn't installed any new apps or change any permissions. It's an Android.

As holidays go - I fucking LOVED Belgium. Lots of beer, beautiful city, museums etc aplenty and lots of beer. And beer. And waffles. Chips+mayo is fucking boaking though.

I'd also recommend India because it's fucking gorgeous and cheap as a motherfucker once you're there. The Taj Mahal is the first and only "tourist attraction" I've ever been to that I wasn't underwhelmed by.

xx

• Upvote 2

New York. Flights are cheaper, less people than summer so all the attractions arent rammed, no baking hot sunshine so youre not sweating your balls off, still just as many things to do and see.

Thats interesting stroops. I too am underwhelmed by tourist attractions. I generally take a couple of pictures and am done. its probably more just a recognition thing. E.g. the Niagara falls arent that amazing to look at but youve seen the image and shape of them so many times when you see them in person you get some sense of satisfaction, just not as much as you would expect.

• Upvote 1

As holidays go - I fucking LOVED Belgium. Lots of beer, beautiful city, museums etc aplenty and lots of beer. And beer. And waffles. Chips+mayo is fucking boaking though.

I'd also recommend India because it's fucking gorgeous and cheap as a motherfucker once you're there. The Taj Mahal is the first and only "tourist attraction" I've ever been to that I wasn't underwhelmed by.

xx

I'm going to have to assume that Belgium and India are actually horrible, since the opinion in bold is so completely wrong.

• Upvote 4

xx

Which major tourist attractions have you been underwhelmed by?

Which major tourist attractions have you been underwhelmed by?

Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, The Colosseum, The Guinness Factory (I know it's hardly an attraction to be compared to Notre Dame cathedral, but it's still somewhat underwhelming...), Burj al Arab and Burj Khalifa...

Probably a couple more, too. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy visiting these places but with all of those I left with a sense of.. "well.. now I can cross that off the list..." rather than being actually impressed affected by what I've seen. Generally the "big attractions" aren't among the highlights of a holiday for me, but the Taj Mahal completely overwhelmed me - t'was amazing.

xx

EDIT: Impressed is a cunty choice of word. Affected is more accurate.

Edited by Stroopy121

Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, The Colosseum, The Guinness Factory (I know it's hardly an attraction to be compared to Notre Dame cathedral, but it's still somewhat underwhelming...), Burj al Arab and Burj Khalifa...

Probably a couple more, too. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy visiting these places but with all of those I left with a sense of.. "well.. now I can cross that off the list..." rather than being actually impressed affected by what I've seen. Generally the "big attractions" aren't among the highlights of a holiday for me, but the Taj Mahal completely overwhelmed me - t'was amazing.

xx

EDIT: Impressed is a cunty choice of word. Affected is more accurate.

The Guinness Brewery sucks fat dicks, post-modern fucking migraine of a place. 15 quid to get a fucking headache.