aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Exactly what Soda Jerk said. If you're gonna get a child who has the concentration span of ten minutes a guitar, you're not going to spend several hundred pounds on an instrument. The depreciation isn't worth it even if you sell it on. If you buy a cheap crappy instrument you've not lost much even if you sell it on for 30-40% less than you paid for it.

My first guitar was an Ibanez SA36Fm (which now sells for something like £500 brand new!). Bought it second hand with my own money though. That's the key difference. My parents didn't have a say in what instrument itwas, otherwise it would have been something cheap and crap.

My first was a Yamaha. I dunno the model, but it was the black Superstrat copy they used to sell in the Argos about 12 years ago. I ended up spraying it dozen times, and stuck an EMG in it. Loved that thing. It was total garbage though. wish I still had it. It got left behind at my old bandmates house when I moved up here.