aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Spoonie, do you know what like prices are and waiting list? I'm in Edinburgh in March and I might just pop by...

Just to answer this, the price for Ian at Red Hot and Blue is £80 per hour. In terms of waiting time, I visited o discuss just before Christmas, sent in the stuff to him on 9 Jan, had the designs drawn up by 18 Jan, went in, checked and asked for a couple of mods and was inked on 3 Feb.

This was my 5th tattoo and was by far my favourite process. Ian is a lovely guy and all of the tattooists at RH&B are full of ideas, enthusiasm and banter and produce some incredible work. It was a very relaxed and relaxing atmosphere - three tattooists were working that day, me getting my 5th, one bird and her friend getting their first and one girl who was covered, getting her knee tattooed - and everyone really enjoyed the experience. I'll definitely be going back there.

A touch out of reach then!! I could prob DHL it through work but it would cost you a heap. Plus you would prob need an adaptor to make it work over there wouldnt you?

Adaptors aren't a problem, we're got hundreds, but yeah, postage is mental and not worth dealing with if I'm honest. Unless you want to hold onto it for me until I get back to Aberdeen in August?? :p

Fox, are you building one or just buying one?

The boss ones have a built-in PSU/adaptor so you just need a mains connection. Alternatively you can just make/buy a box and use something like THIS.

xx

That sounds awesome. Pedalboard in a shoebox!

You might get lucky fox, flights wont need two and i will never need the other one!

You have two?! Good god :p put it in a cupboard and I'll get back to you in summer haha

I recently discovered I still have a valid warranty for a laptop I havn’t used in 2 years. The laptop is broken so under the warranty they will replace it. As the model is discontinued though, I’m not sure that they can directly replace it. Will I likely get a more modern equivalent or will they still give me the same old, discontinued model?

Likely if the model is discontinued they will give you a modern equivalent, I reckon. That's a bit of a score. Unless they can fix it, I guess...

Fingers crossed! It was a £370 Compaq I got 4 years ago, so not holding out for anything good. Still, if it's a newer one, I could just sell it in its box to fund my new, beterer laptop. Sometimes it pays to never closely examine your bank statements. I've been shelling out £6.64/month for this cover for 4 years!! I've not even used the thing in 2 years.

Fingers crossed! It was a £370 Compaq I got 4 years ago, so not holding out for anything good. Still, if it's a newer one, I could just sell it in its box to fund my new, beterer laptop. Sometimes it pays to never closely examine your bank statements. I've been shelling out £6.64/month for this cover for 4 years!! I've not even used the thing in 2 years.

So you've paid £318 for another laptop.

Is there somewhere in town I can buy velcro strips? Or am I cheaper getting them off t'internet?

Any sort of craft shop, or sewing section in a shop will do it. Even Morrisonx has a little sewing section with velcro strips, but they aren't cheap for what you get. If it's for pedals, I recommend getting a roll of the stuff off ebay, since it's usually thicker/wider and just the right size for most compact pedals. You mentioned pedal boards earlier, so I assume it's for pedals. If it's to fix the fastening on your raincoat, then ignore the last bit of advice, unless your raincoat has two inch wide strips of velcro. That sounds like a cunt of a coat.

• Upvote 1

Any sort of craft shop, or sewing section in a shop will do it. Even Morrisonx has a little sewing section with velcro strips, but they aren't cheap for what you get. If it's for pedals, I recommend getting a roll of the stuff off ebay, since it's usually thicker/wider and just the right size for most compact pedals. You mentioned pedal boards earlier, so I assume it's for pedals. If it's to fix the fastening on your raincoat, then ignore the last bit of advice, unless your raincoat has two inch wide strips of velcro. That sounds like a cunt of a coat.

yeah its for pedals. Solid advice on the fixing of raincoats though!