aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Cheers, This is what I meant.

With One Up closing, my CD/vinyl purchasing has very much been on the slide.

If I can't find what I want in Fopp/HMV/Avalanche (which is often the case), I tend to just buy from Norman Records. If you order during the week, they're super fast with the delivery. If I had more money, I'd take a punt on things they recommend as they seem to have good taste, but for the moment, they're acting as my go-to place for collecting the backlog of stuff I couldn't afford last year but had my eye on.

This will be old news to you, bud, but I'm woefully behind when it comes to online vinyl retailers as my record player was in Aberdeen for so long, so the last few months have been a treat. I should just get my job to start paying my wages directly to Norman Records.

Edited by kirsten
  • Upvote 1

Anyone else having issues with the Netflix app on Xbox 360? Whenever I'm streaming a series it plays one episode then when it starts the next one it says "this episode is unavailable for streaming" and I have to go out of the app, go back in, play the next episode, and it happens again, every time. It's most vexing.

Cheers, This is what I meant.

With One Up closing, my CD/vinyl purchasing has very much been on the slide.

I held off on answering until I had all the facts.

I have been buying a lot more recently I find as I'm finding more and more independent labels and distros. There's always banquet, and you can have a look on discogs and deadformat. Also, amazon have been handy in the past. That's where I got my Justin Timberlake vinyl.

Does anyone know where I can get custom sized one-off stickers made? I want to make a graphic for a DIY built FX pedal. I only need one (maybe two incase I make a bollocks of it), not a batch, and I need it to be a specified size, rather than a set template. I can only find places that do stickers by the HUNDREDS!

laser printer on to grease proof paper then iron on.

Does anyone know where I can get custom sized one-off stickers made? I want to make a graphic for a DIY built FX pedal. I only need one (maybe two incase I make a bollocks of it), not a batch, and I need it to be a specified size, rather than a set template. I can only find places that do stickers by the HUNDREDS!

This guy makes custom, one-off waterslide decals.  He's done some good stuff for me in the past.

http://www.plankspankerguitardecals.com/

A few coats of clear lacquer over the top and away you go.