aberdeen-music

Spotify Recommendations Thread

framheim

They really, really are. Getting my teeth into Keep Your Heart, what a record. Poppy and upbeat while still having some BALLS. Fucking excellent.

xx

Get in. That's their best, I reckon. The rceords that came after that were a bit more 'rock'. They started to follow that whole Springsteen rip-off stuff, like Gaslight and all that. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not as good. Dave Hause is an excellent vocalist too. Funnily enough, he was Kid Dynamite's roadie. EVERYTHING links back to Kid Dynamite. Almost.

Get in. That's their best, I reckon. The rceords that came after that were a bit more 'rock'. They started to follow that whole Springsteen rip-off stuff, like Gaslight and all that. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not as good. Dave Hause is an excellent vocalist too. Funnily enough, he was Kid Dynamite's roadie. EVERYTHING links back to Kid Dynamite. Almost.

Holy fuck! I caught Dave Hause doing solo acoustic stuff supporting Alkaline Trio in Glasgow, he was fucking amazing, had no idea he was in The Loved Ones. Most excellent.

xx

I've reached a conclusion. This is the Matrix and Soda Joe has some kind of cheat code where he knows all the good music. Been delving deeper into the "Upping the Punx" playlist he made a while back at my behest and listening to some more of the bands that are in there. Two really jump out:

Banner Pilot - Resignation Day

None More Black - File Under Black

Both insanely good albums. PUNXKZX

xx

Agreed re: Deftones. Their best and most varied/accomplished record. All their stuff is immense, but that is the most engaging for me. They make sounds nobody has even come close to making. The song Elite just rips so hard.

None More Black are my favourite. Everything is great. The last record is more rock than punk, but it has some serious chops. Big jams.

Banner Pilot are great too. You can't go wrong with any of their stuff, as all their songs sound the same, though that's not bad thing. I like their most recent record best. They really UPPED THE POP. Massive choruses.

Did you also recommend Dear Landlord - Dream Homes..? Found it while stumbling around last night, fucking epic record, the name sounds familiar and I'm sure it was here or the PUNX thread I read it.

They sound like what I imagine Rancid would sound like if they never got into ska/reggae and never allowed Tim near a mic. Or a guitar.

xx

Did you also recommend Dear Landlord - Dream Homes..? Found it while stumbling around last night, fucking epic record, the name sounds familiar and I'm sure it was here or the PUNX thread I read it.

They sound like what I imagine Rancid would sound like if they never got into ska/reggae and never allowed Tim near a mic. Or a guitar.

xx

I cant remember. Possibly, as I'm a fan of that record. It's totally no-nonsense. Mint jams.

Big fan of Dan's Trio songs, so I'll give this a listen. I much prefer him to Matt Skiba. His voice is a bit too nasal for me.

You heard Dan's earlier band, Tuesday? They are pretty great. I think their LP is on Spotify. Recommended if you are a fan of Dan.

I'm an even split between Dan and Matt. Love Matt's stuff with Sekrets, his voice is a little more ballsy in it, more Good Mourning era. His stuff with Heavens isn't my cup of tea at all, his singing is completely flat and dull to listen to, despite the tunes being pretty strong. Kind of 80's tinged, like Eating Me Alive was off of This Addiction.

xx

Ska-punk is mostly crud, but I still have a soft spot for Less Than Jake. My first musical love. They have a new album (well, it's mostly a compilation of 2 recent EP's which weren't really widely released):

Less Than Jake – Greetings & Salutations

It's not as good as their last album, GNV FLA, which I really do think is possibly their best album

Less Than Jake – GNV FLA

Toot toot parp parp.

Is there an easy way to add shit to playlists on the fly on spotify mobile?

As it is, I have a fuckload of playlists, an album each. I'd like to dump all the PUNX records into one playlist, the folk shit into another, etc, but I can only find an option to add tracks to a playlist one at a time and that is bent as fuck.

xx

I'm toying with getting the premium spotify so I can listen to it on my iphone whilst going about my daily business. I've got a few questions though.

Can you set up offline playlists on an iphone?

Is there a limit to the amount of offline playlists you can add?

I have android and I know Woods has offline stuff on his Ipod touch, so I'd assume yes.

And the only limit appears to be memory, but I have a fucktonne of offline music and no sign of running out of memory yet!

xx

• Upvote 1