aberdeen-music

Spotify Recommendations Thread

framheim

• 1 month later...

I'm exclusively listening to punk rock that is stupidly fast.

Pour Habit – Suiticide

Fast. Silly metal bits. The high pitched vocals are amazing. This is their first album. The second one was weird. Ska bits and shit. Fuck that.

Belvedere – 'Twas Hell Said Former Child

Their album "Fast Forward Eats The Tape" gets the most acclaim, but this one is better in my opinion. Better, heavier, faster, sillier. More good.

Strung Out – Twisted By Design

One of the first albums I bought. I once got punched in the face by the singer as well. A glorious moment. He decided it would be a great idea to jump off the stage and run around like a cunt, and I was right at the front. He used my face as a supporting beam to get off the stage. With his fist. Oh, and this album is ace too.

Pulley – 60 Cycle Hum

This isn't really mega-fast, but a pretty essential "skate-punk" record. Fun as fuck.

Venerea – One Louder

I'd not heard this band before. I found it whilst band-surfing on Spotify, on the hunt for more stupid fast punk. This is mint.

Kid Dynamite – Shorter, Faster, Louder

Best punk rock band.

Death Is Not Glamorous – Spring Forward

Best Kid Dyamite copyists.

Captain Everything! – Buena Vista Bingo Club

Wasn't too into this band when they were around, but this album was definitely their best. Less bubblegum than the other ones.

• Upvote 1

I realise this isn't on Spotify, but I've just discovered these guys. XTC meets Mr Bungle meets god knows what. The video is from 2007 but the song was written in 1984, which I still can't quite believe. Inventive doesn't get anywhere close to covering how good this is.

• 2 weeks later...

Capsule – No Ghost

Holy balls. This is just ridiculous. I have no idea how to describe it. It's got everything. One minute they are doing blast beats, then it goes into some fist-pumping triumphant sing-along chorus. Then it riffs like fuck. Then it goes all stop-start. The time signatures are probably made up. I tried to bob my head along to it, and I got a headache. This is the best thing I've heard in ages.

Recommended if you like: fast, riffs, mind bending time changes, triumphant melodies, blast beats, not so fast bits, music, breathing, sandwiches, life, and stuff that is good.

Seriously. SRSLY. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- I'm listening to it right now, and when I've finished listening to it, I'm going to listen to it again.

If you don't got Spotify. Listen to it on bandcamp and make your life better http://capsule.bandcamp.com/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...