aberdeen-music

Spotify Recommendations Thread

framheim

Yes! They are absolutely fantastic. And then of course there's Rocket on the Crypt too. I might ask John Reis to marry me.

Roll the Dice – In Dust

This album is the perfect soundtrack to winter, in my opinion. It's eerie, dark, slow-building and quite haunting, but still very beautiful to listen to. Maybe my idea of winter is different to yours.

Yes! They are absolutely fantastic. And then of course there's Rocket on the Crypt too. I might ask John Reis to marry me.

Roll the Dice – In Dust

This album is the perfect soundtrack to winter, in my opinion. It's eerie, dark, slow-building and quite haunting, but still very beautiful to listen to. Maybe my idea of winter is different to yours.

Think I posted this album earlier but it's worth repeating. One of the very best albums I've heard all year.

Ah, didn't see it! Anything else you could recommend along similar lines to it?

Actually I think I may have 'imagined' posting on this album, although I think I meant to. Their first album is good, although I like 'In Dust' better.

Another favourite album of the year by a Swedish act is 'Revelationes' by Tape. A bit less brooding than Roll the Dice but very beautiful. I'll maybe post a link later.

These days, I only listening to bands called Burning Airlines. I only know of one, and you told me there was more, I wouldn't listen to them.

Burning Airlines – Mission: Control!

Listen to this. If you don't like it, then just listen to the song Pacific 231. If that song doesn't kick your head off, then you're a witch.

The whole album is fucking belting though. It's J.Robbins from Jawbox, who were all kinds of good. I bought this record years ago and I didn't like it. This song came on my iPod on random a few weeks ago, and I jigged all the way home like Christopher Walken in that Fatboyslim video. Then the whole album just clicked. Listen to it. It will up your punx!

I can't get on Spotify at work to link, but for that sort of first world problems indie rock, I dig Failure's Union. The LP 'In What Way' is on there, and is great. The guy has got a marvelous voice. Very unique. The Fall man is just the most rockingest song.

The first Archers of Loaf record is bitchin' as hell too, if you're not already on that.

• Upvote 1

I can't get on Spotify at work to link, but for that sort of first world problems indie rock, I dig Failure's Union. The LP 'In What Way' is on there, and is great. The guy has got a marvelous voice. Very unique. The Fall man is just the most rockingest song.

The first Archers of Loaf record is bitchin' as hell too, if you're not already on that.

Awesome, Failures Union is a new one to me. What a rocking band. I want to be in a band that good.