aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Here's my email to our 'most read' papers:

Subject: Reverse the trend...

...of ignoring the wrongs of Scottish football. As a non-old firm supporter I'm used to having to read all about the 2 largest clubs in Scotland in your paper and rightly so, considering most of your readers will support either Rangers or Celtic. My concern is that much like the SPL, you seem to ignore stories which shame these clubs and fans. I've highlighted 2 recent stories from Rangers exploits in Lisbon which are well discussed on many SPL football messageboards below. I have no doubt you are aware of these stories already, as I must not be the first to send you these links; yet you decide to leave them unreported? Is it because you are worried that the 'big two' will withdraw opportunities for pre and post match interviews if you bring them bad press? Are these clubs 'untouchable' in your eyes? If so, shame on you for playing a part in the demise of our country's reputation amongst the football world.

Link: Rangers fans celebrating Tommy Burns death.

Link: Rangers fans pouring beer on a homeless man, before throwing him in a fountain

I look forward to any response

Regards

Ross Paterson

Inverness Caledonian Thistle fan

Well said.

That has really wound me up. Shit like this gives the whole of Scottish football a bad name. Whenever you go abroad and mention you're scottish you inevitably get the 'rangers or celtic' question. People throughout the world are only really aware of these two teams so whether we like it or not we (scottish football fans) are partly judged on the image of the old firm. These cunts are not just spoiling it for their own team but the rest of us too. Carrying on like this and the Manchester debacle is bringing down the reputation real scottish football fans have built up over the years with the Tartan Army.

Nobody gives a shit anymore about your poxy religious differences. Times have changed and it's no longer relevant. (it never had a place in football anyway but people were more affected by it in their everyday lives in the past). The old firm used to be held in high regard as one of the sporting events in the world. It had a bit of romance in years gone by. Now noone gives a fuck and the world just thinks you're all hooligans because of scummy shit like this. Well done Rangers fans, well done.

Aberdeen have got Richard Langley on trial. Spent most of his career in the Championship. Anyone know much about him?

I know a little of him. I'll sumarise:

He rose through the youth system at Queens Park Rangers, signing a professional contract in 1996.

After a trial with Crystal Palace, he signed for Cardiff City in 2003 for an initial fee of 200,000 rising to around 250,000 on appearances. He returned to QPR in August 2005, but was not given a contract extension. He joined Luton on a free transfer a year later, and wore the number 17 shirt for the 2006-07 season.

Langley damaged his cruciate knee ligaments in a pre-season friendly in 2007 and missed almost the entire 2007-08 season, making a solitary appearance in the final game of the season. He left Luton at the end of June 2008 when his contract expired, and joined Bristol Rovers on a short-term contract on 21 November 2008

On 1 July 2009 he started training with Blackpool and played in pre-season games, with Seasiders manager Ian Holloway stating that Langley could be offered a contract if he impressed during a training spell with the club.

On 28 February 2011 he was due at Pittodrie for talks with Aberdeen manager Craig Brown over a deal.

Sounds promising. It feels great to have a proper squad on the go. Options! Great. Long live Craig Brown.

Every now and then something reminds me to read Andrey Arshavin answering questions from his fans and every time it lives up to expectations - Andrey Arshavin - New - official website

"42. From Vika23100

Hi Andrey, My name is Vika, Im 17 and Im a football player ... I'm your fan ... I adore you so much, you're the best player ... please tell me, when I go out on the pitch, I get confused a bit, tell me how to get rid of this feeling? Thanks

AA: By quitting going out on the pitch."

HERO

Every now and then something reminds me to read Andrey Arshavin answering questions from his fans and every time it lives up to expectations - Andrey Arshavin - New - official website

"42. From Vika23100

Hi Andrey, My name is Vika, Im 17 and Im a football player ... I'm your fan ... I adore you so much, you're the best player ... please tell me, when I go out on the pitch, I get confused a bit, tell me how to get rid of this feeling? Thanks

AA: By quitting going out on the pitch."

HERO

Not bad but I prefer Volzy: Volzy.com

Why the fuck is G-Nev in the crowd? Oh dear.

He's a fan. He's sat with the civilians, instead of in a box, because he's United til he dies. I properly hope he sang along to the Gary Neville is a Red song.

David Luiz is excellent to watch, but he's rough as fuck. Could have been sent off twice in that game. And should have been. There's a touch of Lucio about him, which makes him instantly likeable. He;s audacious. As soon as he nails a Cruyff turn in his own final third, then he'll be loved.

Sir Alex purple face moaning about the ref last night. Wish he'd shut the fuck up sometimes. He wasn't moaning when his bum chum Rooney didn't get sent off for a blatent elbow against Wigan. These things always even themselves out over the course of a season.

Sir Alex purple face moaning about the ref last night. Wish he'd shut the fuck up sometimes. He wasn't moaning when his bum chum Rooney didn't get sent off for a blatent elbow against Wigan. These things always even themselves out over the course of a season.

He'd certainly have a right to moan about last night if he'd have admitted Rooney intentionally twatted McCarthy on the bonce and should have been off. It's a bit of a farce if he can deny allegations his player has done wrong in one game and bemoan decisions against United in the next.

Luiz's goal was King Pat's fault, unfortunately. Forgot to look behind him when he tucked in. Poor Fullbacking from the best fullback. Probably didn't have a chicken fillet in his boot. He never stood a chance.