aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Just had this quoted at me when I asked a Hun on another forum to provide evidence of Dons fans singing the Ibrox disaster song.

Football: Aberdeen aim to identify 'moronic' fans - Sport - The Independent

The Dons fans shouldnt have done that. However, it was fourteen years ago. I really think that you would be hard pressed to find actual evidence of it happening in the last decade or so (I dont include anything in the Record or Sun as evidence, because they have no qualms about making stuff up). Really, if we are playing tit-for-tat with Rangers fans re. singing unseemly songs, there will only be one winner. Not even close. Shit, Rangers are even worse than Celtic at it!

The Dons fans shouldnt have done that. However, it was fourteen years ago. I really think that you would be hard pressed to find actual evidence of it happening in the last decade or so (I dont include anything in the Record or Sun as evidence, because they have no qualms about making stuff up). Really, if we are playing tit-for-tat with Rangers fans re. singing unseemly songs, there will only be one winner. Not even close. Shit, Rangers are even worse than Celtic at it!

Exactly, hilarious that the best they could come up with was from 14 years ago.

On another note, Fabio looks quite a decent player.

Both of them look good. Fabio played on the left wing when he came on on Sunday too. Cant see why they didn't opt for that over Nani on the left and Fletcher, a defensive midfielder, on the right.

Bet Fabio would have stopped Sideshow Bob's goal too.

BBC Sport - Football - Dion Dublin reveals musical side

This is a story/video about Dion Dublin playing his DUBE... in the band Ocean Colour Scene. This really happened. He's really doing that. Really.

Just incredible.

Oh, and here is new United season ticket holder Gary Neville, in the stands. No prawn sarnie for GNev

UVS110301-001.gif

He is a red. He hates scousers.

I spent half the game shaking my head at how utterly poor Rangers were all over the pitch. Couldn't keep the ball and seemed to be giving it away constantly.

The other half I spent wondering how many players we were going to have left. McCoist is going to have a hell of a time keeping Diouf calm if he can't keep himself in check. Bougherra wasn't any better either.

A total clusterfuck of mong on display tonight.

Fuck them all.

Agreed.

It's not those filthy Orange, greasy black-haired, proddy bastards or the ginger, tattie-munching Fenian cunts I cant stand about the Old Firm....it's the sectarianism and the whole religious stereotyping thing :p

• Upvote 1

Guest idol_wild

For about four years straight, I followed Aberdeen home and away every week. This would be from about 1999 - 2003, as football was affordable as a student (ironically). The last game I went to at Ibrox, in 2003, a section of the Aberdeen support was singing about how 'magic' they felt the Ibrox disaster was. I was deeply disgusted by this, as previously, I had always considered Aberdeen fans to be amongst some of the most knowing and clued-up sets of supporters in the Scottish top flight. I was encouraged, however, by one guy and his pals countering the chant and exaggerating the word 'Aberdeen' in the place of 'Ibrox disaster', and most of the supporters sat around them started applauding them and admonishing the group singing the original chant, and there was a few Aberdeen fans encouraging the stewards to take action and help identify the individuals singing that nonsense. It underlined to me that no club is completely void of offensive chants coming from their support from time to time, but in my estimation, it is absolutely the responsibility of surrounding supporters to report the individuals bellowing the offensive chants and help weeding them out of football, and that's perhaps the most astounding thing about Rangers and Celtic singing this stuff every week - there seems to be nobody from within their own support identifying and taking action against the morons guilty.

As far as I recall, I never heard the chant at Pittodrie when Rangers visited, but I did hear it pretty much every time I went to Ibrox, which was at least twice a season for four years. I'm pretty certain the chant has been eradicated since, but I wouldn't really know, as I only go to around five or six Aberdeen games a season now.

Have to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to Rangers and Celtic fans, and their absolute bile. The regularity of this behaviour is absolutely indefensible, and RossP's letter to the SFA is going to be followed shortly by one from me, in a similar vein. It's their actual duty to take action on things like this, as it affects outsiders' perception of Scottish football to a devastating effect.

There's rumours on other football forums that Papac has broken his neck.

God, wouldn't even hope that on a Hun. Being from Scotland and knowing who Sasa Papac is got my out of getting battered by 3 Hercegovinians in Mostar. I said I was a Rangers fan actually. Sorry, but it worked...