aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Rangers fans being a credit to Scottish football yet again :down:

I'm not kidding, I honestly cannot fathom how seemingly intelligent people can support these mutants.

Sporting - Adeptos do Glasgow Rangers em Portugal para enfrentar Sporting - RTP Desporto, Vdeo

just out of interest, can someone point out what Rangers fans are doing differently to 99% of football fans in this video?

if it's the song, then I apologise, as I can't understand a word of it (as with almost all football chants)

ACTUALLY

i watched the video before going to work this morning and couldn't make out a word of it, but having just watched it again i can make out '...fucking skeleton', i think?

please enlighten me!

just out of interest, can someone point out what Rangers fans are doing differently to 99% of football fans in this video?

if it's the song, then I apologise, as I can't understand a word of it (as with almost all football chants)

ACTUALLY

i watched the video before going to work this morning and couldn't make out a word of it, but having just watched it again i can make out '...fucking skeleton', i think?

please enlighten me!

it's a song about tommy burns, former celtic manager and scotland assistant manager, who died of cancer.

it's a song about tommy burns, former celtic manager and scotland assistant manager, who died of cancer.

Ok, consider my previous post irrevelvant then. I genuinely had no idea, so I apologise.

edit: having just listened to it again, I'm amazed I didn't pick up what they were singing. Feel pretty silly now.

It's probably more disgusting than those times that some Aberdeen fans would sing about how great the Ibrox disaster was.

i think the key difference is past tense, i've never heard that sung and know most aberdeen fans rightly think it's disgusting to sing it.

you can hear old firm fans singing utter bile every week, on tv, yet nothing is ever done.

And only a shade worse than the regular Ian Durrant chants. There's always arseholes who support football clubs, that's never going to change.

eh? the ian durrant song is not in the same league as singing about people who have died in horrific ways.

it's not great right enough but not comparable to the tommy burns song.

eh? the ian durrant song is not in the same league as singing about people who have died in horrific ways.

it's not great right enough but not comparable to the tommy burns song.

But it's ok though yeah? Where did i say it was the same?

The only difference between the old firm's arseholes and everyone elses is that they have a larger fanbase so there are proportionally more arseholes.

Once again the righteous Aberdeen fans get all judgemental.

But it's ok though yeah? Where did i say it was the same?

The only difference between the old firm's arseholes and everyone elses is that they have a larger fanbase so there are proportionally more arseholes.

Once again the righteous Aberdeen fans get all judgemental.

i didn't say it was ok or that you'd said it was the same. i'm not being judgemental or righteous, why do you always get so defensive if anything you say is challenged on this board?

you compared the two by saying it was a shade worse than the ian durrant song. i just said it wasn't appropriate to compare them.

i didn't say it was ok or that you'd said it was the same. i'm not being judgemental or righteous, why do you always get so defensive if anything you say is challenged on this board?

you compared the two by saying it was a shade worse than the ian durrant song. i just said it wasn't appropriate to compare them.

I'm not being defensive, i just don't agree with you. Why is it so important to everyone on here that i agree with whatever anyone says in regard to football? They're both horrible things and AFC support are just as bad as anyone else when it comes to singing offensive stuff.

I'm not being defensive, i just don't agree with you. Why is it so important to everyone on here that i agree with whatever anyone says in regard to football? They're both horrible things and AFC support are just as bad as anyone else when it comes to singing offensive stuff.
I heard Dundee United were too.

*Can of worms opened*

Oh no he dint!

Have a think about what the bit underlined in bold might actually mean...