aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Liverpool would be mad not to take a big offer for Torres. Fair play to them if they manage to squeeze as much as they can out of Chelsea, but if they get offered something like 40m and turn it down they're crazy.

United have shown over the years how one player is never bigger than the club and how they can recover from losing a big name who wanted to leave. Let Torres go, get the money and plan ahead how they'll use it in the Summer. Champions League has already gone so it really doesn't matter that the transfer would leave them without time to buy someone else.

Man City. Oops.

Still in it, though Mancini's rotation (hi ca_gere) might cost us a trophy this season...

I can understand the need for rotation as we're still in the race for the League, Europa League and the FA Cup, but today's team highlighted the issues we have.

The players simply aren't used to plan B. and Jo.. well, once he's in the team we have no wide left player. Marry that with Zabaleta at left back, and we've lost a flank altogether. As good a player and hard working as Zaba is, that leaves us with no width on the left, and no service to Dzeko (apart from the goal, what a first touch and then cross from Micah).

Disappointed with the draw, but not surprised.

I just get annoyed at people texting me about how great their team is and how shit mine is, when they don't go to the games or even listen on the radio for the teams they claim is theirs. Happy to rub it in my face when it suits them though. So yeah, perfectly fine to bait glory hunters in my opinion.

/sour grapes

testify!

there is nothing worse when people do this, drives me up the wall

Still in it, though Mancini's rotation (hi ca_gere) might cost us a trophy this season...

I can understand the need for rotation as we're still in the race for the League, Europa League and the FA Cup, but today's team highlighted the issues we have.

The players simply aren't used to plan B. and Jo.. well, once he's in the team we have no wide left player. Marry that with Zabaleta at left back, and we've lost a flank altogether. As good a player and hard working as Zaba is, that leaves us with no width on the left, and no service to Dzeko (apart from the goal, what a first touch and then cross from Micah).

Disappointed with the draw, but not surprised.

3 months without Adam Johnson can be added to that list of problems.

Why are Spurs suddenly throwing about mad money. 38.5 million for Aguero? 30 million for Rossi?

I have a better idea. Hey Liverpool 38.5 million and Pav for Torres? Yeah? Thanks.

We have money to spend and it may be the difference in finishing in the top 4. I'd rather we spent some money at the back though.

Facebook was full of Celtic followers harping on about putting the 'deluded' Aberdeen fans in their place...I don't get that, supporters aren't allowed to be pleased their team is doing well? Or at least, better than they have been in ages? Normally it's the blue side of the OF that irritate me but the 'hoops' are living up to their name at the moment...

We have money to spend and it may be the difference in finishing in the top 4. I'd rather we spent some money at the back though.

A left back?

I think a proven goalscorer would make the biggest difference at Spurs. Yes there are injuries but they'll pass and in a few weeks you'll be left with millions of centre halves again.

If they could push the boat out and try and hijack Chelsea's Torres bid it would be interesting to see how it panned out. I think Andy Carroll would be a decent signing too.

Guest idol_wild
Facebook was full of Celtic followers harping on about putting the 'deluded' Aberdeen fans in their place...I don't get that, supporters aren't allowed to be pleased their team is doing well? Or at least, better than they have been in ages? Normally it's the blue side of the OF that irritate me but the 'hoops' are living up to their name at the moment...

I think they mean 'deluded' in the sense that a lot of Aberdeen fans genuinely thought Aberdeen would beat Celtic on Saturday, simply because Aberdeen have hit a little bit of form and are generally a little harder to beat.

Which, in my opinion, is small-scale delusion. Most people would justify it by saying they're just being positive and hopeful, which is great. Positivity is awesome.

I think they mean 'deluded' in the sense that a lot of Aberdeen fans genuinely thought Aberdeen would beat Celtic on Saturday, simply because Aberdeen have hit a little bit of form and are generally a little harder to beat.

Which, in my opinion, is small-scale delusion. Most people would justify it by saying they're just being positive and hopeful, which is great. Positivity is awesome.

I don't think it's deluded. We've beat the old firm in the cup when we've had shit teams in the past and I'm sure we'll do it again. But probably not by playing 3-5-2 with all our attacking midfielders on the bench.

A left back?

I think a proven goalscorer would make the biggest difference at Spurs. Yes there are injuries but they'll pass and in a few weeks you'll be left with millions of centre halves again.

If they could push the boat out and try and hijack Chelsea's Torres bid it would be interesting to see how it panned out. I think Andy Carroll would be a decent signing too.

Agreed. You'll probably just get some more attacking midfielders anyway, you've hardly got any of those...

Aye, i don't rate Assface-Cockshoes at all, he's a liability. Would love to see Baines in a Spurs shirt but i have a feeling he'll be turning out for Man Utd next season if Evra leaves.

All of Spurs current strikers are more than capable so i wouldn't say we need a goalscorer as such.

I'd actually like to see a strong holding midfielder brought in as i think that's an area we're missing some depth while Hudd is out.