aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

He definitely won't. Supporter influence will force him out for sure.

I'm not saying we have to win, but if we lose 4- or 5-0 he's definitley a goner.

Yeah you're probably right, I mean I know you expect to lose at the old firm but on the back of such a heavy defeat at Parkhead, another heaving raping at Ibrox will force him out I guess.

The buck sadly ALWAYS stops with the manager.

As much as the idiots running the club are to blame.... throughout football history.... it's always the manager.

Obviously the manager is always the one that carries the can, the question is whether that's right or not.

In our case, I'm completely clear where blame should be apportioned, and it's not with the manager.

Obviously the manager is always the one that carries the can, the question is whether that's right or not.

In our case, I'm completely clear where blame should be apportioned, and it's not with the manager.

I just said that. Milne and Miller must leave the club before any real change can be seen. Easier said than done though. People aren't exactly banging on the door.

Although in this case the manager has to carry the can for a fair share.

Some poor signings (Ifil in particular).

No fullbacks.

No squad depth.

Yes, he has no money, but has a FAR larger budget than pretty much most of the league.

Sad state of affairs down Pittodrie way. :down:

At the end of the day, we lost YET again.

Performances mean absolutely zip without the results to back them up. Sadly football is all about the results in our horrible league.

I feel sorry for McGhee, but he has to take a big share of the responsibility, and has made some puzzling (to say the least) signings.

At the end of the day, the buck stops with him (although Milne and Miller are both a disgrace).

Other than the strange swap deal with Foster, I'd say McGhee's signings have been some of the better players this season, from what I've seen.

Also what has been so disgraceful about Miller and Milne? What could they have done differently? I'm not disagreeing exactly, I've been a bit out of touch with boardroom/ behind the scenes activity at the dons for a little while now.

Some poor signings (Ifil in particular).

McGhee would've been ripped by fans had he not signed Ifil after the game he had in Hull ("22, 22, 22", "sign him up, sign him up, etc.")

We were kind of desperate for a centre half at that point anyway. He's been poor, but has also had decent games, just been inconsistent.

I find it difficult to fault any of his other signings (with the exception of perhaps Magennis, although not really seen enough of him), however the policy of having no full backs is a bit disconcerting.

Both the P&J and the Evening are reporting that the board are meeting today and are expected to get shot of him:

The Aberdeen FC board were due to hold a meeting that was expected to end with them deciding to part company with McGhee.

A parting of the ways is now expected in the next 48 hours once severance negotiations can be concluded for McGhee' date=' his assistant Scott Leitch and fellow coach Colin Meldrum.

[/quote']

It's not unknown for the Evening to print a load of shite, but the P&J is usually pretty much on the money with these sorts of things so I'd say it looks likely that Dingus is for the chop.

Obviously we can't sack Willie Miller. What would we do without his business acumen?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Dour Wullie? - the entreprenurial genius who managed to fuck up not one, but TWO fish and chip shops in a seaside town?

Just watched the highlights on the BBC site. What a shite penalty award. Absolutely dreadful. That was a decison of 92-minute-Old-Firm-needing-a-win-or-draw proportions. I'd have been embarassed if Killie got awarded a decision like that...once I'd recovered from the shock of us actually GETTING a penalty for anything o_O

Better perfomance from the Dons though and I wouldn't bet against them getting something out of the game against the Antichrists at the weekend.

City should walk it tonight. Everyone at United has got Turkish Flu. Just pile everyone in the box and play for a draw. If David Weir can do it, anybody can.

Harry Redknapp took a swipe at his own fans last night too. What a rogue. There's just some things you don't do, and 'Arry seems to take a look at the list and does them all anyway.

Wednesday have been issued with a 2nd winding up order or the season, over an unpaid tax bill. I don't know if it's the same tax bill, or another tax bill, but I'm glad the funds from the sale of our star player are going to good use. Stop fannying about. Go into administration. Take the points hit on the chin and clear some debts. It's the only option, otherwise it will all go completely Portsmouth, without the last minute investment. Bust!

If fans feel disatisifed, then they'll show it. Redknapp can't tell them how to feel, and he can't use the win against Inter Milan as his defence. That's just nonsense. The fans obviously felt it was a game they should have won against a struggling team missing their most important and influential player. Sunderland should have been there for the taking. It took a park splitting pass from Danny Welbeck to settle the score though. Have that!

Spurs fans are lunatics anyway. One win against Inter, with a few assists from the Best Left Sided Player In The World and all of a sudden they invented football. The Spurs supporting clowns on 365 have been saying they are a "breath of fresh air" in the Champions League, and have given the competition "romance that Chelsea, United, Barca etc couldn't ever offer". A draw against a lower-mid-table side is probably the slap in the face from the cold hand of reality they needed, but they're clearly not accepting it.

Tom Hundredstone had a good game last night. I like that awkwardly shaped massive lump.

Sam Allardyce really has a high opinion of himself, doesn't he?

"I have proved most of the time that when I get a football club it improves from where it was," explained Allardyce.

"That was going be the case at Newcastle but I was not given enough time, but there is no bitterness towards the club.

"I'm not sure that apart from Arsene (Wenger) and Sir Alex (Ferguson) anyone else has managed at this level for as long as I have.

"I take a huge amount of pleasure in having been able to sustain my ability in the best league in the world."

Sky Sports | Blackburn Rovers News | Football | Premier League | Big Sam defends Toon time

I reckon spurs fans are now feeling they are just one team amongst many who are fighting for that 4th place rather than favourites. A top 4 side should be winning all their home games. The way they played in the first half should've led to a couple o goals but it's the sense of entitlement that comes with champs league + top 4 last season + London club that caused the booing.

I'm only half trying to wind alkaline up. I do think spurs fans in general may have gotten ahead of themselves. They havent cemented that 4th spot and aren't looking that likely to.

4th is Arsenals. Maybe Citys unless they buy another striker in January, since Adebayor is godawful and Balotelli will probably be in prison by the end of the year. It won't be Spurs. They won't be back in the Champions League next season unless they win it this season. They won't though. Mourinho will win it again, with ease. His current squad depth is just ridiculous right now. I'd like to know what the odds are on Real Madrid not losing a single game this season in any competition. I'd put a cheeky quid on that.

Ahem...

;)

You missed my post where I said that I had been wrong about Esson. 100% wrong. He has been incredible for us since he signed. Best keeper we've ever had = >Nicky Walker, Les Fridge, Jim Calder, Mark Brown et al

I also took the piss out of Duff when he was at the Dons, but he has been one of our best players this season :up: