aberdeen-music

A new grunge band :P

SooperKeef

Yeah, honesty time, it's utter balls.

Maybe give listening to music a go, then try and recreate the sounds you hear. If you did this already, check what it was you heard, because I think you got a video of Bill Oddie speaking over a video of warthogs mating.

If we're being honest I just listened to Eternal Idol and thought it was absolute wank, so horses for courses I say.

If we're being honest I just listened to Eternal Idol and thought it was absolute wank, so horses for courses I say.

At least that's honest and not ripping into a bunch of 14/15 year olds though eh? It's been fun and the way that every fucker on here unified has been truly awe inspiring (and the fact it all got taken as praise). It has to end sometime though... surely?

At least that's honest and not ripping into a bunch of 14/15 year olds though eh? It's been fun and the way that every fucker on here unified has been truly awe inspiring (and the fact it all got taken as praise). It has to end sometime though... surely?

Eternal Idol is just some fucker shouting, sounds like a poor man's My Mind's Weapon.

Eternal Idol is just some fucker shouting, sounds like a poor man's My Mind's Weapon.

Yeah that's all it is.

It was all fun when everyone was ripping the piss wasn't it. Sorry, I don't think it's fair to rip the piss out of people who seem to think everyone is being genuine. It was fun baiting them, but there is a line and I think it has been crossed.

however I HONESTLY admire ShutterSpeed's attitude...being in aband is allowed to be fun, after all. More power to their chords.

And I HONESTLY hear echoes of the Velvet Underground in their tunes and I would honestly rather listen to even badly played "grunge" that I could work out what was being sung that shouty doom rock or whatever the fuck it is. For one thing I have concerns for the state of the singer's throat after doing that stuff.

All in all I'd probably settle for my feet up with a nice cup of tea and a Jim Reeves LP from a jumble sale than either though. :up:

Yeah that's all it is.

It was all fun when everyone was ripping the piss wasn't it. Sorry, I don't think it's fair to rip the piss out of people who seem to think everyone is being genuine. It was fun baiting them, but there is a line and I think it has been crossed.

So we have to close the thread now, because you're bored? Are you in charge of teh internets now?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Yeah that's all it is.

So we have to close the thread now, because you're bored? Are you in charge of teh internets now?

Yes please, I will be king of teh nternetz!

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

So' date=' we're all in agreement. Some of us like different things than others.

Good hustle, guys![/quote']

Pretty much, yeah!

Hahaha!

:laughing:

Next time such thoughts run through your head, please look at this game:

VGTO-MaryKateAshleyGetAClue125.jpg

:)

They're legal now, right?

Seriously, I like loud guitars and drums and riffs, just don't get these wierd vocals, what's the deal with that?

It is sludge. But that begs the question, what is sludge?

Mary Kate and Ashley are sludge?

Does grudge exist? Grunge/Sludge crossover?

Cool. So how did sludge evolve? How did we get from the ball-grabbing ear-piercing top of the vocal range metal vocals of the likes of Zeppelin et al to whatever the hell sludge is? And seriously, doesn't it hurt the singers throat?

Oh, and Ben out of Weapon did do a similar shouty thing but I take it they're not sludge then?