aberdeen-music

A new grunge band :P

SooperKeef

Brothers and sisters, this is indeed a sad and solomn occasion. Over the past month I fell head over heels with a band at first listen, watched like a proud parent as the band lapped up the praise being perpetually hurled at them from all parties like roses being flung at Edith Piaf's feet, experienced a few sleepless nights after Nefarious C almost pushed Stevie to suicide mid-thread, felt helplessly stranded by other commitments in a faraway town on that fateful night of the first, and now presumably only gig, got massively excited wondering which member of the band I was most like, despite knowing the outcome in advance and nervously wondered whether the Benson-Kirsten saga would indeed have that happy ending we were all hoping for.

Sadly, I then observed from eyes glazed with tears as Benson and Deyzer relentlessly bullied my beloved favourite member, Stevie walked on eggshells by subtly suggesting his participation in another band and the general quality of the band's output steadily began to decline. So it is now, with a heavy heart, that I must agree with the majorityy regarding the closure of this most special of threads as it is now a malignancy which must be excised from this wonderful body of discussion.

Dear Mark, Gary, Howard, Robbie and Jason, I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Godspeed $huttr$pd, we knew you so well.

Ladies and gentlemen, seven trumpets - the sound of thunder, seven trumpets - the threatening anger, seven trumpets - the trembling voice, seven trumpets - you've got no choice, seven trumpets - the seven angels, seven trumpets - THE MUSIC CHANGES! I await Broken Rain/Faulty Tap with anticipation.

This thread has given me so much joy and I think, in some small way, has united Ab-Music in a way that I havent seen since I have been posting.

If I were to list my top 20 favourite posts of all time, I am sure they would mostly be from this thread. Some amazing wordplay and running jokes, so here is my beDeyted thank you. We managed to give a really shitty band a truely atmospheric first gig with a fantastic turn out and no matter what anyone says, thats a bit special that a thread managed to do that.

If the thread does close, I'd like to thank some outstanding contributors;Original Spies, Sam L4, Christy, jon,givemeasmile, Robert Knight, kirsten, idol_wild, cap'n euan, ca gere, girl anachronism, Lucky Rathen, Aaron Robertson, paranoid, Surfer Rosa and the other brilliant posters that I cannot remember by name right now but I'm sure will come to me as soon as I've posted this.

Bye, $huttr$pd