aberdeen-music

Feelings while playing live??

SooperKeef

Guest davetherave

trousers

4)You'll feel more up to it if you have, and wear, stage trousers. They are Armour.

I think trousers are always a good idea on stage :up:

Agree with all the points in this thread, playing live is a great buzz, gets the adrenalin flowing :o)

I love playing live, hate recording.

Normally, if single at the time, I spend the set behind the drumkit scanning the audience for sloots.

When I've got a wifeburd I tend to disguise my scanning a little.

Rarely do I actually think about the song or what I'm playing. In fact, I never do.

I love playing live, it's good fun and normally a good laugh. I almost never get nervous anymore and I get a good adrenaline buzz going, so when I come off stage I'm a bit hyper and in a good party mood haha. As far as thought process i'm pretty much just trying to hear whats going on. If I fuck up I just laugh.

Guest Gladstone
I also absolutely have to piss before I go on stage. This is because I played one gig needing a piss and it was unbelievably distracting.

I quite often have about 3 pisses in the 30 minutes or so leading up to our set for this very reason.

I may be getting the memory of this slightly wrong, but I think I ran off stage at Tunnels once to take a piss. Actually, I definitely did that, but I just can't remember if it was just seconds before we started or if it was actually mid-set. I think it might have been mid-set, but I'm also convinced, I just wouldn't have done that, so it was probably just as we were away to introduce ourselves, and I said to the singer "hud on, I need a hose", and dashed off the toilets. I bet I didn't wash my hands either.

I still get nervous before I go on, in fact I start getting nerves a couple of days before the gig thinking "Maybe we shouldn't have accepted this gig". I always have to shit before we go on. I've shit in just about every venue in Aberdeen. At one gig in the Tunnels the band were set up and standing on the stage ready to start playing, the sound guy had switched off the music in preparation and I was still in the crapper. Also at a gig in the Moorings Flash (or Brian) was introducing us on stage and I was in the crapper.

I very rarely felt nervous in the past, even if I knew we were going to play shit. With Carson Wells I feel nervous because its the first band that I really, really care about and because I am generally hanging on for dear life to play everything correctly. Huw and Ross are slave drivers. If I play badly they burn me with white hot fire pokers then rub salt and vinegar on my open wounds. Huw is the worst for this though. At practice they put me in a cage and don't let me out till they are happy with my drumming.

Usually I am just wondering if any of the women at the gig think I'm like, totally the hottest member of the band and if I will get a boaby suck at the end of the night. I feel like a hybrid of the Karate Kid when he wins at the end of the first movie - except he didn't get a boaby suck - and Tarzan's first boner. That is pure elation my friends.

When I play badly I cry and get tortured, which is not good.

I very rarely felt nervous in the past, even if I knew we were going to play shit. With Carson Wells I feel nervous because its the first band that I really, really care about and because I am generally hanging on for dear life to play everything correctly.

I know what you mean with that, with all the other bands I've ever played in I was playing bass and I didn't do any of the writing, it was other people's songs, so if I fucked it up it wasn't that noticeable, and if the crowd didn't like us I could blame the songs (that Chris wrote :laughing:) But in Cobra Kai I'm the lead singer, plus I write most of the songs as well so I feel like everybody notices if I forget a lyric, or sing out of key, and if people don't like us I take it a lot more personally than I did in other bands.

I hate playing live.

Love recording.

Really really hate playing acoustic solo stuff live because it's kind of lonely up there without the rest of the band (I know that sounds cheesy)

Awwwww... any time you need a big hairy hug man gimme a shout.

Awwww...:up:

Joe - you pull a great gurning face.

I fuck up a lot and used to shake my head, then I began to laugh. Now I'm used to it. I've gotten better at making mistakes in a band situation.

I do find my mind wanders sometimes too.

In Cap Sante, the riffs were a bit too intricate to cover up mistakes. Now, if my fingers get in a bit of a muddle, I just upstroke the open chords. That dissonant sound covers up mistakes a treat, and the gurning face matches the mood of the sounds.

I used to shit myself in case I dropped a stick as it's pretty noticeable when the drummer fucks up. But I think that has only ever happened once when I've played live, happens quite frequently in practice for some reason. I don't really get nervous now. I like to have 2 pints before going on and then have a 3rd for consumption between songs. This is the perfect balance to be loose but not too much. I had one extra pint before playing a gig with Kartta one time and played like an octopus with 8 dead arms and fucked up fills all over the shop.