aberdeen-music

BEST PUNK ACT - Fudge Awards 2010

The Ghost Of Fudge

brilliant.

=]

I really hope anyone other than Escape to Victory or Heller State win, just to see the tears shed on this forum!

If that happens, i will physically rip everyone thats read this thread's laptop/desktop screens in half from the inside, out. o_O

But really,

E2V should win this as they are really really decent live,

where as hearing/seeing heller state, was like watching a green day cover band, but without any of the green day songs you know,

which is good if your really into green day / SoCal / '99 Punk Pop, Which im not.

and as these are the only two ive seen, i can only make comments about these two bands,

*To Clarify*

E2V>HS imo, as its not my thing,

Home recording, Done some live sound at tunnels,

Need more? PM instead of thread spamming,

Oh, good stuff. I don't know who you're learning the art of sound engineering from, but you come across as having attended soundian's finishing school of etiquette and decorum for boys. If you're even half as good as him behind the sound desk that's got to be a good thing.

I would add that you seem a bit overly angry with life in general, which is your right, but the problem with that is when something actually rightly annoys you in the future you no one will be able to tell the blindest bit of difference.

Anyway, no need to reply to me in this thread, just PM me if you have anything further to say.

Hahahahahaha...ridiculous.

Ok u was going to follow the trend set by my bandmates and write a heavily sarcasm laced post about how deeply hurt I am regarding this. But then I realized that people would take it as serious and actually start trying to debate by ridiculous point of view.

The guys in heller state. Please continue to canvass votes. You obviously want this and good luck.

Just a word of warning. When u eventually realize this is one big joke and really just an excuse fir a piss up don't try and turn round and say we were only having a laugh. Because ilk only sa this once.

THIS ISN'T A REAL COMPETITION!

We were joint winners of best band last year because the dru ks at moorings wrote our name in the wrong section for took sake!

Hahahahahaha...ridiculous.

Ok u was going to follow the trend set by my bandmates and write a heavily sarcasm laced post about how deeply hurt I am regarding this. But then I realized that people would take it as serious and actually start trying to debate by ridiculous point of view.

The guys in heller state. Please continue to canvass votes. You obviously want this and good luck.

Just a word of warning. When u eventually realize this is one big joke and really just an excuse fir a piss up don't try and turn round and say we were only having a laugh. Because ilk only sa this once.

THIS ISN'T A REAL COMPETITION!

We were joint winners of best band last year because the dru ks at moorings wrote our name in the wrong section for took sake!

See, i'd almost agree with that..

it means something to me, but its far from the end of the world, but fuck it i'm not ashamed to say that i'd be happy to receive some recognition for the shitloads of effort we have put in to this year as a band, and fuck anyone who says they dont.

however, you might want to have a chat with your bandmates who are PMS-ing like fuck because you aren't winning the online poll!

nonetheless, happy to see someone is posting something that seems logical =]

Punk MY ARSE you poovters, your idea of punk needs a kick up the arse .

Even I could write a mair punk song.

I'd post a link so you can listen to it on Reverbnation, but it's all too confusing at this time of day, so here's the lyrics .

It's called

Breakfast with Boy George

I bought a sasidge and I cooked it on a grill

I cooked that sausidge

so that I could eat my fill

I took that sasidge

and I put it in a bap

I bit the sasidge

but it skited oot the back

The reed sass flowing

looked like I had a mishap

OOCHYA YE BASTARD

looked like my dismembered chap

Homo erotic snuff

is not my kind of fun

I'd rather drink tea

than have sasidge up my bum

I cooked that sausidge

I took that sasidge

and I put it in a bap

I bit the sasidge

The reed sass flowing

OOCHYA YE BASTARD

Homo erotic snuff

is not my kind of fun

I'd rather drink tea

:laughing:

it means something to me, but its far from the end of the world, but fuck it i'm not ashamed to say that i'd be happy to receive some recognition for the shitloads of effort we have put in to this year as a band, and fuck anyone who says they dont.

however, you might want to have a chat with your bandmates who are PMS-ing like fuck because you aren't winning the online poll!

See I almost agree. Except everything that has been posted by Paul and Duncan has been sarcasm, purely wind up material.

I really don't understand how duncan (shaki's) posts could be read in any other way. If you met him and new how old he really is you would understand...he doesnae gie a fook.

Punk MY ARSE you poovters, your idea of punk needs a kick up the arse .

Even I could write a mair punk song.

I'd post a link so you can listen to it on Reverbnation, but it's all too confusing at this time of day, so here's the lyrics .

It's called

I cooked that sausidge

I took that sasidge

and I put it in a bap

I bit the sasidge

The reed sass flowing

OOCHYA YE BASTARD

Homo erotic snuff

is not my kind of fun

I'd rather drink tea

Fit ye takin aboot min.

Ahm punk as fook. Ah huv listened tae the sex pistols an athin!

See I almost agree. Except everything that has been posted by Paul and Duncan has been sarcasm, purely wind up material.

I really don't understand how duncan (shaki's) posts could be read in any other way. If you met him and new how old he really is you would understand...he doesnae gie a fook.

You're just saying this to try and keep the peace - I know you're as upset as I am because you said as much last night. To answer a post a few back - "what is punk?" - punk is about being true to yourself and that is something I've always done better than you as this thread shows. One minute you're screaming to be true to yourself NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE THINKS, the next you're compromising your true beliefs online, because you're scared that my honesty will lose us votes. At the end of the day the music will do the talking and if it doesn't then punk in Aberdeen might as well shrivel and die along with our hopes and dreams.

We actually took our awards (we shared "best punk" and "best band") to meetings with some record industry executives and they pretty much said "come back when you're the undisputed best in Aberdeen and maybe we can talk then".

So you're saying that this never happened? Now you're making us look really stupid.

First Post eh?

Suspicious...

You're just saying this to try and keep the peace - I know you're as upset as I am because you said as much last night. To answer a post a few back - "what is punk?" - punk is about being true to yourself and that is something I've always done better than you as this thread shows. One minute you're screaming to be true to yourself NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE THINKS, the next you're compromising your true beliefs online, because you're scared that my honesty will lose us votes. At the end of the day the music will do the talking and if it doesn't then punk in Aberdeen might as well shrivel and die along with our hopes and dreams.

So you're saying that this never happened? Now you're making us look really stupid.

Listen man. I know what its like to stand on the edge of glory and see it taken away from you...and know that if you'd tried that little bit harder, You might...JUST MIGHT...have made something of yourself!

I have sweated tears and broken nails pulling myself INCH...BY...INCH...towards that final victory. And you know what man, it wasn't good enough.

we stood on that stage last year drinking the bitter knowledge that we could not claim to be THE BEST. I just don't know if i can go there again, that place is very dark for me.

I think i need to go away and reflect for a while...I'll see you on the other side...if I make it that far.

Good luck heller State. I hope you never know the pain that I feel inside...

• Upvote 2