aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I change the channel to watch Gossip Girl and miss all the goals!

I don't know what Gossip Girl is but I imagine that serves you right anyway :p

Thought it was a weak pen no? I can't believe Arsenal drew that. Who will play instead of Pique and Puyol? Presumably this gives Arse a much better chance of nicking something (if they manage to get the ball)?

that first half an hour was as good a football as I think I've ever seen but fair play to arsenal for coming back and nicking a draw. almunia is so frustrating, showed how good he can be with some breathtaking saves then looked dodgy as fuck 2nd half.

very dodgy pen and sending off, hmmm arsne wasnt complaining about that slice of luck was he? walcott did very well when he came on, shame he's so bloody injury prone. barca should win the 2nd leg comfortable.

I was having this discussion with my brother the other day...Almunia is a funny one - he plays for Arsenal, one of the 'big four' if such a thing still exists, but you would probably take six, eight, maybe ten other 'keepers from other teams in the league before him?

He must have something on Wenger, maybe some dodgy photos with the moany one in a compromising sexual position... I reckon Wenger might spend on a new keeper in the summer.

I was having this discussion with my brother the other day...Almunia is a funny one - he plays for Arsenal, one of the 'big four' if such a thing still exists, but you would probably take six, eight, maybe ten other 'keepers from other teams in the league before him?

Wenger clearly places a lot of faith in his players and a style of passing football but you wonder what may happen if they get a poacher and a reliable goalkeeper. I always thought they needed a holding midfielder to protect the defence a bit more but a few of the current squad seem to be rising to that challenge now.

Fabregas claiming he is concerned he has broken his leg. Maybe an over-reaction but he was in a lot of discomfort last night. If Arshavin is out for a few weeks as well then they may struggle to keep up any momentum. That would be a shame if it is the case as I reckon they could have made the run-in interesting.

barca should win the 2nd leg comfortable.

I wouldn't be so sure. Puyol and Pique suspended. They already looked very vulnerable defensively, as alot of Spanish sides do, and they don't have centre backs in abundence like they do midfielders. It will certainly be an interesting secone leg.

The penalty was strange. It's hard to argue whether or not it actually was a penalty, but Fabregas got his leg caught inbetween Puyols legs as he was running. If Puyol had have gone down, surely it would have been Cesc fouling Puyol. Cesc was still quite a distance from the ball, so even if it was a penalty, a red card as well is incredibly harsh. Puyol took it well though. He's a good lad.

And why on earth did Fabgregas carry on playing when he could barely walk? Barca weren't going to attack with any sort of menace. They were down to 10 men, with their most influential player subbed for a centre back. Ibra was off so there was no one to aim for in the middle as Henry was always out wide. Dani Alves was playing centre forward cautiously for the last 3 minutes. Now Fabregas could be out for the season by running around on a possible fracture. Was it to impress Barca so they'll bring him 'home'? Or is it just an idiot? Either way, it could hinder their title hopes, which I really still do believe they have a shout for. Their run in is a piece of piss in comparison to Chelsea's.

Chelsea's title then.

So, we had this idea at work today right, which we all think is boss. Basically, in the years when there isn't a World Cup or a Euro's, each of Europe's top league's put together a squad of it's best players, and they play against each other in a friendly tournament, around 8 leagues or something, and players from that league represent the country in which they play in, regardless of their nationality. Two groups of 4, into a semi final knock out, or just an 8 team knock out.

It should be hosted in the stadium of the team which won the Champions League that year, and the Manager of the league squad should be the manager of whichever team won that title that season. He picks his squad of his favourite players in the league, with a 2/3 player limit from each team just like Fantasy Football.

It is completely fantasy, and will never ever happen ever, but it would be superb to watch, as its almost completely neutral. You'd route for the league you like the most, but it doesn't really matter who wins or loses. It's just great entertaining football.

So, that's what I did today. Feel free to put together who'd represent Team SPL.

Chelsea's title then.

So, we had this idea at work today right, which we all think is boss. Basically, in the years when there isn't a World Cup or a Euro's, each of Europe's top league's put together a squad of it's best players, and they play against each other in a friendly tournament, around 8 leagues or something, and players from that league represent the country in which they play in, regardless of their nationality. Two groups of 4, into a semi final knock out, or just an 8 team knock out.

It should be hosted in the stadium of the team which won the Champions League that year, and the Manager of the league squad should be the manager of whichever team won that title that season. He picks his squad of his favourite players in the league, with a 2/3 player limit from each team just like Fantasy Football.

It is completely fantasy, and will never ever happen ever, but it would be superb to watch, as its almost completely neutral. You'd route for the league you like the most, but it doesn't really matter who wins or loses. It's just great entertaining football.

So, that's what I did today. Feel free to put together who'd represent Team SPL.

This has given me vague recollections of something like similar happening in Scotland many moons ago. The national team played a premier league select, I remember Hans Gilhaus playing for the select team. May have been for a World Cup or Euro's warm up.

I read this on another forum and thought it was just mind-blowing enough to share.

In the early 90's english tv did a doc on horse racing. The people brought a pair of binoculars from america, that was being used in horse racing. A person would look through them and point at the horse they wanted to stop. then they just firsd a sound at the horse, and it in effect scrambled the horses brain.

They showed examples of horses falling all over the place for no reason, while running to the finish for no reason.

You telling me these weapons are not being used to stop players, as our brains are just like any other animals. Do you hear players complain, no i think it mainly happens when you go away from home.

I personally think that manu use plenty of these weapons and used them in 2007 against roma when they beat them 7-1.

i think it was in retaliation for manu thinking they where stopped in rome when they lost 2-1 to roma.

I think the 7-1 game is a good example of english using weapons on teams to stop them.

there is more going on behind the scenes then we all know.

The weapons used are callled psychotronic weapons, and are used by military and police. they are called non lethel weapons.

If you ever have them used on you, its like your brain gets scrambled and you cannot think.

Microwaving a person makes them very tired and its alot harder to breath.

I think alex ferguson knows all about electronic mind control weapons. Of course others are using them.