aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I foresee epic misuse of the word "metatarsal".

You're right. That will affect England. It will drive everyone fucking potty. Even though it's an ankle injury, the M word will still get lobbed around. Then they'll mention horse placenta, and how Rooney is the only hope. Then they'll show some 1966 footage. Every 4 years. Love the World Cup!

You're right. That will affect England. It will drive everyone fucking potty. Even though it's an ankle injury, the M word will still get lobbed around. Then they'll mention horse placenta, and how Rooney is the only hope. Then they'll show some 1966 footage. Every 4 years. Love the World Cup!

I already want to hibernate for a few months.

Magnificent avatar, by the way.

"What we have here is the ultimate smackdown between the 'Nard-Dog and crippling despair, loneliness, and depression...I intend to win."

I just spent a while looking for the highlights of that Mackie chance, can't seem to find it on YouTube. Anyone know? Does anyone else remember the volley that Toni hit? I think it was in the first 5 minutes, rattled off the crossbar!

I remember that. A volley from about 30 yards out (I think it might have been Podolski though). I just took that as a warning sign for a long night! The Mackie chance was agonisingly wide. I think Nicholson nearly connected with a cross at the back post as well just before or after the Mackie effort. What if?!

While there was no realistic chance of us taking much from that game it would have been nice to have made it an interesting by nicking one in the first half.

Rooney out for up to 4 weeks. Misses Chelsea, Bayern and possibly Man City. ENGLAND ARE GOING TO LOSE THE WORLD CUP NOW! Oh, good, we won it in 1966 everyone, so it's okay. We'll just watch that again. Horse placenta! Oxygen chamber! Bionic foot! Football is dead!

Just a few things to keep the Daily Star going for at least an afternoon.

I think if Rooney goes to the World Cup having missed out on PL or CL glory, his morale will be different. He might see the World Cup as his last chance for success that season, and play with a very brash and rushed approach, often like he does for United when they are behind, trying to take on too much responsibility and doing too much.

Also, I just really, really don't want Chelsea to win the league. I just couldn't stand the sight of John Terry, with his council estate mohawk, being a smarmy cunt about it all. I really do get a kick out of seeing him cry too. That sounds quite sadistic, but you can't miss it can you? He's always welling up about something, live on TV, like a true leader. When he missed the penalty in Moscow. When they got knocked out of the Euro's in the qualifying round. When it started to rain. When he couldn't find his favourite jumper. Tears. Non stop tears. Chump. At least we know Rio won't do any of that namby pamby shite. He'll just play a hideous prank on a team mate, do that Ali G finger clicking thing, and say Brrrrap, like he did when he scored against Liverpool that time. Cornrows and all. Brrap Brrap.

Puyol and Busquets are both so fucking good. Both do the simple things that their role requires with absolute perfection.

Barcelona = fucking team.

I think Busquets is totally overrated. I reckon he'd look totally mediocre in a normal team. Pique, on the other hand, is fucking splendid.

Sidenote: I think Paul Ince just referred to Inter as "the Eye-ties". o_O

Puyol and Busquets are both so fucking good. Both do the simple things that their role requires with absolute perfection.

Barcelona = fucking team.

The whole team is unbelievably talented. Pep's a smooth muthafucka too. I'm sure I saw him in a tank top during a la liga game once. Puts that soor pussed puffa jacket wearing moan wenger to shame. Cracking game so far

Guest idol_wild
I think Busquets is totally overrated. I reckon he'd look totally mediocre in a normal team. Pique, on the other hand, is fucking splendid.

Really? I'd barely heard his name mentioned before the last few stages of the Champions League. Granted, I haven't had the inclination to keep tabs on the continental leagues much this year. I've been engrossed on the Championship!

His first touch is always perfect, and he very rarely misplaces a pass - sounds trite, but a lot of players frequently fail at these basics. Really neat and tidy player.

I was just about to type that I thought Ibrahimovic was the truly overrated one, then he goes and scores a wee beezer.

Really? I'd barely heard his name mentioned before the last few stages of the Champions League. Granted, I haven't had the inclination to keep tabs on the continental leagues much this year. I've been engrossed on the Championship!

His first touch is always perfect, and he very rarely misplaces a pass - sounds trite, but a lot of players frequently fail at these basics. Really neat and tidy player.

I think people went totally overboard about him because he was so young at the time of the CL final. He does look quite good in Barca's midfield, but every time he gets the ball he's got at least 3 teammates moving for a pass and Xavi standing 10 yards away, demanding the ball. I'd just be interested to see how he looks in a non-superhuman side.

Maybe I'm being harsh though - I do have a thing about overrated defensive midfielders.