aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Just listening to the post-match interviews... I love it when the Old Firm managers moan about not having any money to spend and there's too big a gap in financial clout between them and the clubs in England.

3 or so million squid for Fortune?? Any non-old firm club would KILL for that kind of money, and I dare say would use it MUCH more effectively.

t-minus 18 mins till the 'big' game of the day :)

After Fletcher's goal on Saturday, the BBC live text reporter had no idea what the difference between a half volley and a volley. Eh, what?! You'd think they'd know... I've not seen the goal yet, but the BBC reported it to be at hip height which is nowhere near a volley. I thought everyone who's played football knew what they are. For those that don't:

Volley - Hitting it before it hits the ground.

Half volley - Hitting it on the bounce (definitely not hip height).

:up:

After Fletcher's goal on Saturday, the BBC live text reporter had no idea what the difference between a half volley and a volley. Eh, what?! You'd think they'd know... I've not seen the goal yet, but the BBC reported it to be at hip height which is nowhere near a volley. I thought everyone who's played football knew what they are. For those that don't:

Volley - Hitting it before it hits the ground.

Half volley - Hitting it on the bounce (definitely not hip height).

:up:

Just playing Devil's advocate here, but surely the ball could bounce to hip height and therefore be a half-volley at hip height?

This is the best i've seen us play in YEARS. Fantastic open game, with ICT looking like we'll score every time we attack. 2-0 up with some excellent chances and a shot against the crossbar as well.

Brilliant bench to have as well: Odhiambo and Imrie with pace and skill to burn, ready to shred the Dundee defence in the last 20 mins. Cox to come on for Duncan when he looks like he's going to get sent off.

Johnny Hayes > Lionel Messi :)

This is the best i've seen us play in YEARS. Fantastic open game, with ICT looking like we'll score every time we attack. 2-0 up with some excellent chances and a shot against the crossbar as well.

Brilliant bench to have as well: Odhiambo and Imrie with pace and skill to burn, ready to shred the Dundee defence in the last 20 mins. Cox to come on for Duncan when he looks like he's going to get sent off.

Johnny Hayes > Lionel Messi :)

Uurrgh :down:

Anyone watching the big MLS game tonight? glad to see soccerball getting so much attention in the states. Was reading that the Sounders are bigger than the Sonics in Seattle nowadays. I mean it's still a bit of a joke league but Ljunberg, Becks and Donovan have definitely brought a bit of class and intrigue.