aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I had to go to French Wikipedia (Le Wikipidie) and paste some text into Babelfish to confirm that that is Domenech's bird.

Enlevez votre chapeau pour Monsieur Domenech.

That's why i don't slag him off too much. He may be shit at football management but he must have some mad mojo going on and you've gotta respect that. I dunno if it got much coverage back in britain but in the post match interview after they got knocked out of the Euros, instead of talking about the match Domenech proposed to her live on telly, saying 'some things are more important than football.' Utter legend!

That's why i don't slag him off too much. He may be shit at football management but he must have some mad mojo going on and you've gotta respect that. I dunno if it got much coverage back in britain but in the post match interview after they got knocked out of the Euros, instead of talking about the match Domenech proposed to her live on telly, saying 'some things are more important than football.' Utter legend!

France to be beaten in an unprecedented replay and Domenech to be sacked allowing him to take charge of Scotland.

I think the context of the goal has to be taken into considoration, I mean this cost Ireland a place at the world cup, never have the stakes been so high. Plus trying to stamp out blatent cheating is high on the list at FIFA these days.

and Wenger and SAF and all the other numerous whingers in the game should be told to shut the fuck up if they start moaning and demanding replays for every stupid decision.

I really think Ireland have a solid, valid case for a replay, this is a very unique situation and has rightly caused uproar. Plus henry should be banned if there is a replay!

Platini would be furious which I think would be marvellous, anything that pisses him off is ok by me!

What's annoying is if it was France on the receiving end then tickets for the replay would be on sale now.

Guest Gladstone

Regardless of how strong Ireland's case is, or what allowing that goal means, I can't see this game being replayed. Just can't see it.

The chances are that if it's replayed, France will beat Ireland 3-0 or something, and will just look ridiculous anyway.

Plus, is everyone forgetting that if the goal hadn't stood, there would have been 15 minutes for France to score a winner (or vice versa obviously), and if nobody had scored there would have been a penalty shoot out. It's not as if this goal was in the dying seconds, nor were Ireland going through before the goal. Aside from "setting a precedent" this may well be used as an excuse by FIFA.

If anything, they should just set up a penalty shoot out...

I normally scoff at conspiracy theories but this has got me thinking.

France were seeded first in their group. They cocked that up and only managed second.

Suddenly the play-offs are seeded.

France were the only seeded team to play the 2nd leg at home.

Dubious (alright, blatant) goal takes them through cos the Irish hadn't had the decency to read the script and scored first.

Now they're in the top seeding group for the WC draw despite being 6 places and a huge wad of points behind Holland in FIFAs own rankings.

You've got to wonder if Monsiuer Domenech has promised Blatter a shottie of Madame Domenech if they win.

No, seriously though, something stinks about this.

Guest Gladstone
This may have been posted elsewhere on the AB Music, but oh how I laughed!

Thierry Henry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's brilliant!

On the conspiracy theory post above - although there may be some underhand business going on with the seedings etc. I don't think anyone could have conspired for the ball to bounce up after that particular free kick at that particular time and pre-meditate that Henry would scoop the ball back in with his hand etc etc.

I haven't seen the footage properly to see where the officials were and all that jazz, but it was in a crowded area.

That said, there could (but very unlikely) have been a word in the referee's ear before the match to be French bias, which is the only way this could be a conspiracy. But wouldn't he have just given them the penalty when Given "appeared to trip Anelka" (think it was Anelka)? I haven't seen this incident, but dodgy penalties are awarded all the time, this would have been far less conspicuous than letting Henry play basketball in the box.

That's brilliant!

On the conspiracy theory post above - although there may be some underhand business going on with the seedings etc. I don't think anyone could have conspired for the ball to bounce up after that particular free kick at that particular time and pre-meditate that Henry would scoop the ball back in with his hand etc etc.

I haven't seen the footage properly to see where the officials were and all that jazz, but it was in a crowded area.

That said, there could (but very unlikely) have been a word in the referee's ear before the match to be French bias, which is the only way this could be a conspiracy. But wouldn't he have just given them the penalty when Given "appeared to trip Anelka" (think it was Anelka)? I haven't seen this incident, but dodgy penalties are awarded all the time, this would have been far less conspicuous than letting Henry play basketball in the box.

Yeah, I realised later that the ref obviously wasn't in on it if the text commentary on BBC sport was to be believed. Even they said it was a clear-cut pen.

Mind you, now they have those earpieces it is conceivable that someone had a word in his shell-like after the pen claim.

Isn't conspiracy theory fun.

Just watched an interview with Roy Keane where he is slagging off the FAI. Basically, he is accusing them of double standards about how they are speaking about honesty and integrity in the game when he got no support when he was sent home at the 2002 World Cup. Fuck me, get over it. He is complaining about how nobody had the decency to call him when he was kicked out...shouldn't have called the manager an English cunt I guess.

Just watched an interview with Roy Keane where he is slagging off the FAI. Basically, he is accusing them of double standards about how they are speaking about honesty and integrity in the game when he got no support when he was sent home at the 2002 World Cup. Fuck me, get over it. He is complaining about how nobody had the decency to call him when he was kicked out...shouldn't have called the manager an English cunt I guess.

Stick it up your bollocks.

Biggest cunt in the game.

I hope all this Ireland lark has distracted Keano from the Fizzy Pop league just a little bit. If so - Wednesday are going to stuff Town tomorrow. It's on the box and everything, so get it watched.

If Frankie Simek isn't back in at Right Back, then I'll... well, I don't know what I'll do, but Buxton can get fucked.

If we can't beat Ipswich, who can't even buy a win at the moment, then there's no hope for us. Tudgay will be off to whoever gets promoted to the PL, and we'll still be stuck with Laws who we can't afford to sack. Our very own Rafa Benitez.