aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Yas!

Comfortable win today, we had the better of the ball and created the more chances. Pars defence was awful today (Austin McCann LOL), though they do have some idea going forward, Tuffey had to make a few good saves to keep it safe.

climbing :up:

We were brutal. Dreadful.

McCann was awful, but then again our other option is the equally depressing Muirhead. Put it this way; until he got injured, Stephen Glass was playing left back.

We were brutal. Dreadful.

McCann was awful, but then again our other option is the equally depressing Muirhead. Put it this way; until he got injured, Stephen Glass was playing left back.

Aye, wasn't sure whether it was the defence all having a bad day or whether it's like that every week! The lack of communication between the back four and the goalie for possesion in your six yard box looked a big problem : it cost you one goal, and if Buchanan had been up playing I reckon he'd have nicked a couple more.

Your forwards aren't too bad, but overall the team looks 2 or 3 players short, noticed quite a few on P&B are after McIntyre's head already.....

Had an awesome day-out in Newcastle yesterday. 43,000 in SJP and the atmosphere was easily as good (if not better) than when we were in the Premiership. Full credit to the Plymouth fans, who sold-out their ticket allocation despite the ridiculous journey they had to make and were generally good craic throughout the game. Every time they tried to sing we launched a "GREEEEEN ARRMMYYYY!" volley at them, which they really didn't know how to react to. It was quite bizarre.

4-5-1 is clearly not the way to go, and I think Hughton realises it now. Even when we were 1-0 we looked sluggish (but in-control) and there was very little coming from our midfield. When they pulled one back we brought on Guthrie and Ranger and looked incredibly comfortable. They hardly had a sniff after that and we could probably have had 4 or 5. Andy Carroll was immense up front, scoring an absolute corker, hitting the bar with a mad scissor kick and missing by inches with a blinding header. One everything in the air and seems to have improved with the ball at his feet too. Very promising stuff from the big man.

Plymouth looked very poor all-round. They really don't seem to have any real attributes as a team and they created absolutely nothing on their own. All their decent spells came from our sloppy passing in the first-half (Geremi and Nolan were utterly hopeless) and their goal came when Enrique failed to track his runner and Geremi forgot how to mark. Really poor goal from our POV, but we showed good grit and determination to fight back. Chris Clark looked his old industrious but unproductive self, and Alan Gow was completely anonymous.

And Boro losing 5-0 to West Brom? Absolutely tremendous.

Excellent game, but I'm rather aggrieved about the return of Fergie time. Even taking the substitution into account, I can't see how the game reached the 5 and a half minutes of 4 minutes injury time... o_O

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry for Fletcher's goals. The Scottish hero dirty rag bawbag.

The Manc derby was absolutely fantastic, as a neutral. Craig Bellamy looked absolute class all-round; I've been a big fan of him ever since he played for us, and it's nice to see him still able to nip in behind a defence even now that he's the wrong side of 30.

Michael Owen is a fucking cunt though. Hate the little shit.

That Manchester derby has to be one of the best games ever. On MOTD2 they worked out the injury time and they reckoned the ref was out by 1 second so not as bad as Hughes would have you believe.

Good win for the Dons, only 3 points off the top of the league despite not really playing well at all this season so far.

Excellent game, but I'm rather aggrieved about the return of Fergie time. Even taking the substitution into account, I can't see how the game reached the 5 and a half minutes of 4 minutes injury time... o_O

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry for Fletcher's goals. The Scottish hero dirty rag bawbag.

It was worked out on MOTD2 that the ref was out by a second, but the time that goes up on the board is the Minimum, not the exact. It seems justified considering the sub and Bellamy's celebration. Hughes rabbled on about it as expected, but obviously it would have been the opposite managers exchanging those words had it been the other way round. City deserved it however. Wright Phillips has the positional awarness of a blind, deaf mute who might as well have played the whole Stretford End onside. Micah Richards seems to forget what a full-back is meant to do on wide attacks, and drops in as a 3rd centre back whenever he feels like it. Patrice Evra and Ryan Giggs took full advantage everytime, with Wright Phillips covering for Richards, and then Irerland covering for Wright Phillips. What a bunch clown pockets. United's defending was little better, with Ferdinand flicking the ball around like a Harlem Globetrotter on his own half way line. Ben Foster's blatant inability to make simple decisions also cost them massively.

Mint game. I watched MOTD not knowing the score, but I wish I'd have been home to watch it live. It's a massive shame Tevez got boo'd by a crowd that used to love him. It's completely understandable why he left, and it appears that he refused a move to Liverpool because of playing for United, so a bit of respect would have been justified. The coin thrown that missed him was a huge let down to what was the best game in years. As was Bellamy getting physical with the pitch-invading fan who was being restrained by both arms. What a fucking jessie. I bet that made him feel dead hard. Great player though.

Chelsea didn't really look that great yesterday. It seemed to be more to do with Spurs looking absolutely atrocious at the back. Getting almost pretty much their entire first choice back four injured is a harsh blow. It looks like Harry Redknapp is going to have to play centre back next weekend.

It did look a hard one. It's hard to tell if Drogba's was bad too. Seems like an awkward position he got himself into. Hopefully it won't be one of those invisible injuries, that on TV look like absolutely nothing, but end up being something massive, like Steve Stone for Forest years and years ago. He was just plodding along, then he limped and awkwardly sat down on the grass, and was out for the season.

There's something that is so easy to dislike about Michael Owen, but I was pretty chuffed he got the winner. He's lost his pace a little, but in every game he's played in so far this season, he always seems to manage to find acres of spare between defenders, and he really makes some cracking intelligent runs. Whilst Defoe has been playing well, I don't think he has the same intelligence. If Owen continues to play like he does, then he should be a shoe-in for the World Cup squad, if he can get someone to babysit his horses for 5 or 6 weeks.

As was Bellamy getting physical with the pitch-invading fan who was being restrained by both arms. What a fucking jessie. I bet that made him feel dead hard. Great player though.

The best bit was watching Rio try to grab Bellend by the throat, and then blatantly bottle it half-way through. Obviously realised that Bellamy's crazy enough to whack him, and that he'd blatantly get the shit knocked out of him in a fight.

Bellend had no business getting involved with that fan though. Really like him as a player, but Christ, what an arsehole.

It really was quite something. The guy was fully restrained, so Bellamy digs a fist towards the chaps face. There's no doubting the guy who ran onto the pitch deserved a bit of a clout anyway, for being such a mingebox, but the situation couldn't have made Bellamy look like any more of wet fanny.

I like how Rio isn't really the notorious hardman he likes to think he is. It happens quite alot, the heat of the moment getting to his head, and then pulling out when he realises he's a total powderpuff. There was a time a few seasons ago he went toe to toe with Carragher, but sort of ducked away. I think he was more worried about his Lambo being hoisted up by bricks, and his hubcaps ending up in the Mersey than getting a backhand to his cornrows.

I reckon Vidic could have put Bellamy through the turf though, but if fit, Kompany would have made examples of everyone, with his big, fuck off, massive head.