aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Sounds about right. We desperately need a tricky winger with bags of skill though. And a central midfielder. For God's sake, we need a central midfielder.

Murr, can we have Butt?

PM me your address, I'll drive down to Newcastle tonight and have him on your doorstep by tomorrow morning :up:

Livi don't intend to play their game against East Stirling tomorrow, as the administrator thinks it's not a valid fixture because they shouldn't be in Division Three.

If and when they do appeal against their relegation, the SFL are going to laugh in their faces, reject the appeal and punish them further for not fulfilling their fixtures. Bye bye, fuckers.

Incidentally, the adverts on their website are ace:

liviace_thumb.jpg

I loooooooove last minute winners!! Low scoring game as I predicted. Fantastic result :)

The groundsman will be getting his P45 from what I heard from Radio Scotland. Left the grass way too long and heavily watered, which really hacked off McIntyre and Butcher (who'll be on his way to the Scotland camp now)

Lawro is ace. He'd be in my football punditry panel dream team no doubt.

Football is back. Fuck off Football. 2-2 draw at home against Barnsley. 2-0, and we let it slide, as usual, all the time. Dick off. Score draws are probably going to keep us afloat in our mid table mediocrity inbetween the weeks where we play a playoff hopeful and get trounced. As long as we finish in on the first page of the table that shows on Teletext, then that will be okay.

Really hate Mark Lawrenson. What a bellend.

'There's only one team in the world that gets away with playing in yellow...'

Doesn't he watch European (in particular Spanish) football?

I know, i was just like, who? Brazil? I'm so sick of Jonas hurtling down the line and not getting a cross in, stop trying to beat the man three times!

for fucking crying out loud, lost 2-0 at home to part timers barrow who were down to 10 men. i dont think i could possibly get more depressed about footy. gonna be a long hard season! the ref was the biggest bell end in the history of bell end refs but thats nae excuse.

I know, i was just like, who? Brazil? I'm so sick of Jonas hurtling down the line and not getting a cross in, stop trying to beat the man three times!

Jonas was fucking mince! He only gets a break when the fullback makes a mistake or he's in a position to use his pace... and even then he puts his foot on the ball and let's the fucker catch up. He clearly can't be arsed anymore, which is a shame because he looked class for the first six months he was here.

Good enough game and I'm pleased with the performance. I'd have snapped your hands off if you'd offered me a draw after seeing the team sheet, but we did well against one of the better teams in the league. Jonas, Ryan Taylor, Colo and Shola all looked bollocks, but Smith did a great job breaking up play in the middle, Carroll settled into the game after a clumsy start, Krul made some fantastic saves (although he flapped a couple of times too) and Duff was very good.

Plenty of positives, but the defence looks a little shaky and needs shored up. Chris Brunt looks like an excellent player for them and he really cut our fullbacks to pieces at times. Fortunately, they didn't get a lot of play through the middle as Smith broke everything down. Best performance in a Newcastle shirt I've seen from him.

The players need to realise that when we keep the passes simple and short a lot more happens for us. When we took Carroll off we seemed to just lump it up to Shola and we lost our momentum, allowing WBA to get back into things. Hughton should have them keeping it simple throughout 90 minutes and we'll do all right in this division. Duff, Smith, and even Nolan at times recycled possession well, and Duff's finish was as cool as they come.

Pleased. Now let's get a manager in, sign a couple of defenders and a pacey striker and we'll be ready to go.

The Toon won! Only one of our trialists, Zander Sutherland, played but as predicted that meant we stood a chance. The team certainly looked a lot more balanced with him on one flank and Sharp on the other (albeit Sharp's right-footed and plays on the left, Zander's left-footed and plays on the right).

Clyde looked exactly what they are: a team thrown together from outcasts and rejects. They were captained by a 16-year old central midfielder who was playing at left back (great man management there) and was caught out badly for our opener. Zander showed great tenacity to win the ball in the middle and looped a pass out to Davie Ross. the wee man got there first but slipped, allowing Davie to crack a great shot into the top corner.

Davie got his second when he got in front of his man to flick a Bavidge cross in at the near post, and came close to scoring a hat-trick.

Defence looked more solid than last week, the midfield had some bite to it, and Davie Ross actually realised he CAN score goals. Yay!

Jon Bateman made his league debut in goals, and recovered well from a couple of shaky early moments to keep a clean sheet and generally look solid. Promising start.

Maxi - HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGY!

Agreed, his utter contempt for everything and everyone in the football world is amazing.

1-1 draw with Partick Thistle. Not a bad result for our glorious return to the heady heights of the first division. Nice wee start to the season for Mark Roberts, whipping one in 5 minutes into the game, against his former club!

1-1 draw with Partick Thistle. Not a bad result for our glorious return to the heady heights of the first division. Nice wee start to the season for Mark Roberts, whipping one in 5 minutes into the game, against his former club!

I said earlier in the thread that Roberts was a cast iron bet to score. I'll take a 1-1 though.

Was down in Inverbervie yesterday so went through to the Montrose/Elgin game, a decent contest (which the Mo should have won) ruined by a toilet referee.....

Football is back. Fuck off Football. 2-2 draw at home against Barnsley. 2-0, and we let it slide, as usual, all the time. Dick off. Score draws are probably going to keep us afloat in our mid table mediocrity inbetween the weeks where we play a playoff hopeful and get trounced. As long as we finish in on the first page of the table that shows on Teletext, then that will be okay.

Did me out of a 50 acca :down:

Had a fiver of Dundee, Leeds, Wrexham, Berwick Rangers and Sheff Wed. Argh!