aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Other things McGhee was at fault for last night: Derek Young at Right back, Staurt Duff and Centre Half. Thats how it started AND finished. why did he not change it when it clearly wasnt working? Brian Irvine mentioned it after about 15 minutes on the radio, said Young looks way out his depth etc.

What else was he supposed to do, though? There was just about nobody else at his disposal, by the looks of things. I agree that he should have definitely done more to bring in new faces before the game (although it does sound like he's been bummed by the board a little), but blaming him for last night's XI is utter nonsense.

but blaming him for last night's XI is utter nonsense.

You can blame him for the formation though. As I've already said, Mulgrew is a recognised left back and therefore should have played there, Foster could have then played right back where he has played many times.

What was he supposed to change it to? Did you see his bench?

Subs Not Used: Nelson, Crawford, Holm, Megginson, Ross.

All he had on the bench was a bunch of kids, had he had a right back and a centre back he wouldn't have played Duff and Young at the back in the first place.

As has been covered since - Mulgrew and Duff have enough experience between them to play in the full back roles easily, and Ricky Foster has played at Centre Half before as well, there was absolutely no need to deploy Duff at Centre Half and Young at Right Back.

Furthermore he's had more than enough time to address the fact that he didnt have cover if one of his centre backs got injured. Putting all his eggs in one basket over the Johnson signing was a dreadful error. McGhee should know better than that. For what its worth, I have the same opinion on my own teams manager at the moment - we have Mair and Potter and thats it! Haining, Cuthbert and MacAusland have all left and we're desperately short at the back. Having said that we've had 3 centre halves on trial over the summer so at least Gus looks like he's trying to address the problem.

Oh, and McGhee's a cock. Its never his fault. You'll find that out soon enough!

Mulgrew and Foster at full-backs with Darren Young on the right wing would have made more sense. I did ponder at one point whether Calderwood had secretly picked the team.

I bet Calderwood was laughing his arse off about this result, until he remembered that he is unemployable.

i think its unfair to target aberdeen fans as impossible, most football supporters are impossible! no fan likes seeing their team stuffed on their own patch and you would expect a few knee jerk reactions. remember when strachan took over at celtic and they got done 5-0 by artmedia? he didna do a bad job afterwards. i admire Mcghee for being honest after the game and shouldering some of the blame. i'm sure it will get better! football supporting is an impossible task mind! and a bloody frustrating one!

very sad to hear the news about sir bobby, i knew he was battling cancer again but didnt realise his time was up. just hearing the tributes paid to him, you know he was one of the most respected figures in the game and a damn fine manager. RIP.

Barring the free kick, they were all preventable, the first goal was atrocious though, free header well saved then un challenged rebound...:down:

I missed the first goal since I was fucking stuck outside on Merkland road queuing for the cash turnstiles. And nobody fucking told me. When Mulgrew scored I thought we were winning. Right up until they scored their third goal, and I said "it's only 2-1, we can still get back in it" only then did someone tell me that I had missed a goal.

I missed the first goal since I was fucking stuck outside on Merkland road queuing for the cash turnstiles. And nobody fucking told me. When Mulgrew scored I thought we were winning. Right up until they scored their third goal, and I said "it's only 2-1, we can still get back in it" only then did someone tell me that I had missed a goal.

Ha, I remember missing two Dons goals once (think they were both Stavrum as well) because my mate wated to get a king rib. :down:

Guest Gladstone
Tried to do a Google search but can't pinpoint the match. Maybe they weren't both Stavrum, but I'm pretty sure he got at least one. In fact I think the score was actually 2-1 or something by the time we got to our seats at 15:08.

I remember when I was a nipper (about 7 or 8) and being at Pittodrie with my pal and his Dad. The Dons getting beat I think 2-0 with about 10 minutes to go.

Mate's Dad (who is still a season ticket holder to this day, glutton for punishment...) decided enough was enough and we could beat the traffic if we left. Got just past the gates and there was a massive roar. Aberdeen had seemingly scored, but we couldn't get back in, so continued up the road resigning ourselves to 2-1 the opposition (can't remember who it was). Another massive roar as we got to about the golf course, fuck it must be 2-2. By the time we got to the car, Aberdeen were 3-2 up.

Any football match I've attended since, I've stayed in the stadium till the 90 minutes are up, regardless of what happens.

Any football match I've attended since, I've stayed in the stadium till the 90 minutes are up, regardless of what happens.

Me too, but mainly because I'm a grip and I want my fucking money's worth. Also, why would I want to get home quicker, I only came to the football to get some fucking peace in the first place.

But this policy does mean I sat through the entire match when we got fucked 6-1 by Livingston. :down:

I remember when I was a nipper (about 7 or 8) and being at Pittodrie with my pal and his Dad. The Dons getting beat I think 2-0 with about 10 minutes to go.

Mate's Dad (who is still a season ticket holder to this day, glutton for punishment...) decided enough was enough and we could beat the traffic if we left. Got just past the gates and there was a massive roar. Aberdeen had seemingly scored, but we couldn't get back in, so continued up the road resigning ourselves to 2-1 the opposition (can't remember who it was). Another massive roar as we got to about the golf course, fuck it must be 2-2. By the time we got to the car, Aberdeen were 3-2 up.

I stayed until the end last night to avoid the traffic!

Off to see Yokohoma Marinos in about 5 hours. This will be the biggest capacity stadium i've ever been in, at 72,000 odd.

Then when I get back to the flat about 11pm the Inverness Caley v. Annan game will be kicking off; so i'll be watching the text updates online with a few beers. Much more confident of a good performance after our 2 new signings and improvement last tuesday against Dundee United.

Off to see Yokohoma Marinos in about 5 hours. This will be the biggest capacity stadium i've ever been in, at 72,000 odd.

Then when I get back to the flat about 11pm the Inverness Caley v. Annan game will be kicking off; so i'll be watching the text updates online with a few beers. Much more confident of a good performance after our 2 new signings and improvement last tuesday against Dundee United.

You went all the way to Japan to watch Caley v Annan via text updates? o_O

Get out and about Ross - theres heaps of Asian chicks in Japan!!

Asian chicks are hot...:up: