aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

EDIT EDIT: Ever since he left us I have always had a wee feeling that he might be one of the players who blossoms late, in a Paul Hartley sorta way, kicks around the lower leagues until something clicks and he realises he's only got one shot at it...

Cheers for the info, wonder if it'll be Jobby who coaxes the talent out of him......

Toure is a solid player. Arsenal are losing alot of strength. If they lost either Fabregas or Arshavin this summer, they'd be lucky to finish in the top half without some miracle signings.

I just don't understand Arsene Wenger anymore. Two years ago, they looked as if they could have won the premiership,then they lost it, and rather than strengthen their team and build on their position, they sold players. Towards the end of last season, they were playing extremely well, and looked like a promising young team, and they've sold players!

They have the money to invest in the team, and although Thomas Vermaelen was a decent signing, they've not really done enough to ensure a top 4 finish. It's a shame, because for years they've been my favourite top 4 side, purely because of the style of football they play.

I just don't understand Arsene Wenger anymore. Two years ago, they looked as if they could have won the premiership,then they lost it, and rather than strengthen their team and build on their position, they sold players. Towards the end of last season, they were playing extremely well, and looked like a promising young team, and they've sold players!

They have the money to invest in the team, and although Thomas Vermaelen was a decent signing, they've not really done enough to ensure a top 4 finish. It's a shame, because for years they've been my favourite top 4 side, purely because of the style of football they play.

I expected them to bolster their squad more than anyone this summer, as they'd fallen a bit short, yet proven all the nae-sayers that Arshavin is infact the balls. They now look defensively worse (in a department which was already lacking), but the midfield possession is still going to be the best in the league, especially with Rosicky back. Van Persie, Bendtner and Eduardo is hardly going to make any goalie trmble though. They need an absolute bastard of a striker to poach off the excellent midfield, and a couple of meathead centre backs to kick lumps out of all these gelhead fairy boys.

They were rumoured to be having a bid for Huntelaar. They'd be daft not to. So would United and Liverpool too, but he looks set to be going to the Bundesliga, along with Van Der Vaart.

the newcastle takeover bid has fallen through, worrying times for the toon army methinks!

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | N | Newcastle | Group withdraws Newcastle offer

Nah man, they were never a serious proposition. They couldn't prove to Ashley that they had the funding required, so they weren't allowed access to the club's finance. Just a bunch of publicity-seeking shitehawks. They broke the non-disclosure clause by talking to the press every five minutes, too.

A good little article by the one sporting journo in this country that doesn't hate us:-

TheGame - Times Online - WBLG: Newcastle's condition remains critical

Nah man, they were never a serious proposition. They couldn't prove to Ashley that they had the funding required, so they weren't allowed access to the club's finance. Just a bunch of publicity-seeking shitehawks. They broke the non-disclosure clause by talking to the press every five minutes, too.

A good little article by the one sporting journo in this country that doesn't hate us:-

TheGame - Times Online - WBLG: Newcastle's condition remains critical

thats not so bad then, steve macmahon was involved and i absolutely detested him as a player and then a manager. he was in charge of blackpool when they beat us in the LDV vans trophy final back in 2002 and was a cocky arrogant twat. not suprised martins is off, suprised he hasnt been snapped up sooner. more will follow no doubt, have any of them signed for prem league teams apart from owen?

bad result for celtic tonight, cant see them turning it around 2nd leg, do they have the safety net of the europa league to fall back on?

i'm now more optimistic about the new season. new manager martin ling did an incredible job at leyton orient on a next to nothing budget and both him and player assistant manager paul carden signing 3 year deals (quite rare at the toilet level i'm used to) shows the board are looking at things long term.

and excitement is sweeping the region as cambridge and histon will battle it out for the prestigious cambridgeshire professional cup on monday night. how the fuck histon can be in it is beyond me since they're a part time village side.

Martins is off to Wolfsburg.

Fucking gutted. Love the erratic little bastard, although there was no way we were ever gonna keep him.

That one was inevitable. I'm sad to see Newcastle in the situation they are. Wasn't that long ago Tino knocked a hat trick past Barca and they were regularly playing attractive football. They deserve more, purely for the loyalty of the supporters. What's the starting line up gonna be like this year? Surely they can't rely on Shola amoeba to produce the goods he's never looked capable of producing. I fear mid table obscurity coz there's a lot of hungry championship sides not to be sneered at.

Guest Gladstone
bad result for celtic tonight, cant see them turning it around 2nd leg, do they have the safety net of the europa league to fall back on?

Aye, if Celtic get turfed out next week, they join the Europa qualifying apparently.

I'm quietly confident of getting the result over there. Been notoriously bad away from home in the Champions League, but not so bad in the two-legged matches in Europe away from home (apart from Artemdia...). A long time ago now, but Celtic went across to Amsterdam and beat Ajax in CL qualifiers 3-1, plus a decent run of away results in the UEFA Cup run. I guess it's been all pretty shite since then though - we need to win away from home sometime.

Didn't see any of the match, but the report suggests that the second half was all Celtic and just couldn't convert the chances. In a week's time, the players should be that little bit sharper. Moscow are 15 games into their season, which is a massive advantage really. Hopefully Celtic can get the result. The next round of qualifiers will be very very tough if they get there though.

Guest Gladstone
Also, what the hell is Anderson doing taking, never mind scoring, a free kick?! awesome finish from mr dodecahedron toes.

Fucking hell - just looked that up - some goal.

You'd think with all this time waiting for a goal, he would have practised that celebration. It was pish.

Guest Gladstone
Not really allowed I don't think.

A google search for 101 Great Goals ought to do the trick though.

Not allowed to link to the goal?

Google Anderson Free Kick, that's what I did. Top site on the search.

(Am I missing something here, why wouldn't we be allowed to link to a you tube link of the goal?)