aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I think it's more the club that throw superlatives around about how they are the best fans in the world, trying to placate them into not rioting about how hopeless the team is...

Show me one professional club that does not throw phrases like "best in the world" around when talking about their fans.

People don't like us because we're an easy target. A big club that's been ran like a circus for the past 10 or so years. The vast majority of the things that people laugh at us for have been generated in the board room. If anyone mentions the "deluded Geordies" thing they're getting a kick in the cock.

I can. He won't be first choice if they bring someone like Lescott in and he'll lose Captaincy. He's shit anyway.

It's true. Dunne is absolutely arse, and I have no idea why he is captain in the first place. However, the captaincy seems to give utterly shite players some kind of immunity in the modern game. Look at Gary Neville. Gary bastard Neville. For fuck sake, there isn't a worse full back in the whole of Greater Manchester than Gary Goatee Neville, and that includes the whole Salford and District Under-9's bracket - Even those littler ginger haired kids, rolling around in the council estate mud in strips 4 sizes too big for them rank a few notches higher than Gary Get Fucked Neville. He's been out of the game too long but he still comes back every now and again, makes an absolute howler of a mistake, concedes a goal and then blames it on someone around him. If I was part of his back four, I would have corner-flagged his arsehole and javelin thrown him into the stands years ago.

I imagine if Lescott came in, they'd bin Dunne and give the captaincy to Gaz Baz. Toure and Lescott would be a pretty solid centre back pairing even if I do hope the latter stays at Everton. Clever Sparky though, attempting to weaken his 2 direct competitors, Everton and Villa, to sneak into the top 5.

What a codpiece. After David Moyes plucked him out of the Championship and gave him a channce to prove himself, something which doesn't happen often these days, plus he took a risk on him cos he had a serious injury, and then he just jumps ship at the first sniff of some cash. Whatever happened to club loyalty.

Looks like Moyes already has a replacement lined up:

Toffees confirm Senderos talks | Everton | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

He would be an good signing I reckon. Can't believe he's only 24, it feels like he's been around forever.

What a codpiece. After David Moyes plucked him out of the Championship and gave him a channce to prove himself, something which doesn't happen often these days, plus he took a risk on him cos he had a serious injury, and then he just jumps ship at the first sniff of some cash. Whatever happened to club loyalty.

At the end of the day money matters in any job. He'd be an idiot to not get the best he can, while he can. In Lescott's case if he had that attitude it wouldn't be a problem 'cause he'd still be playing for Wolves. Give the man a break. If someone offered you 4 times what you're getting at the moment to do the same job i'm pretty sure you wouldn't turn it down...

At the end of the day money matters in any job. He'd be an idiot to not get the best he can, while he can. In Lescott's case if he had that attitude it wouldn't be a problem 'cause he'd still be playing for Wolves. Give the man a break. If someone offered you 4 times what you're getting at the moment to do the same job i'm pretty sure you wouldn't turn it down...

It's not like he's hard done by at Everton though, he's probably making more money in a week than most people make in a year.

It astounds me that people like Eto'o can be earning 100,000 a week, and still want to look for more money somewhere else, like somehow he isn't earning enough.

Exactly. Mo' money mo' money. Fuck loyalty. That would only come into play if it was a slight pay rise but this is astronomical. Also Moyes wouldn't think twice about selling him if he had a season long dip in form. Footballers have relatively short careers and so only a short window of opportunity to make big bucks that could be useful after their playing careers (buying property, restaurants, football academies, etc).

Don't give me that short career bollocks. A Premiership footballer makes more money in one year than most people make in their whole life so they are not exactly hard done by. regardless of how short their career is.

Im certainly not saying they are hard done by or that they will be paupers when they finish playing. As that would be clearly insane. I am saying though that they don't have long at the very top of the ladder. Their ladder is obviously on another financial plane to us plebs but it's all relative, you want to get the best deal you can.

It's not like he's hard done by at Everton though, he's probably making more money in a week than most people make in a year.

It astounds me that people like Eto'o can be earning 100,000 a week, and still want to look for more money somewhere else, like somehow he isn't earning enough.

That's probably one of the stupidest things i've ever seen written down Ryan. How much he makes in relation to anyone else is irrelevent. He could be making 5ph and someone could be offering him 10ph to do the same job elsewhere but by your logic he should turn it down even though he might be making enough doing it?

Like any job, street sweeping to the financial sector, if someone offered you more money to do the same thing you'd be off like a rat up a shitty drain pipe so there's no sense in acting like you've got any morals.

That's probably one of the stupidest things i've ever seen written down Ryan. How much he makes in relation to anyone else is irrelevent. He could be making 5ph and someone could be offering him 10ph to do the same job elsewhere but by your logic he should turn it down even though he might be making enough doing it?

Like any job, street sweeping to the financial sector, if someone offered you more money to do the same thing you'd be off like a rat up a shitty drain pipe so there's no sense in acting like you've got any morals.

Don't tar everyone with your brush. If I was making 2 million quid a year and I was happy in the job I was in, I would quite happilly turn down 5 million to go somewhere else. If I'm earning enough to live comfortably with no financial worries, I don't feel that I have to then stockpile money so I can go swimming in it like on Duck Tales. Do you really need four houses and ten cars?

Don't tar everyone with your brush. If I was making 2 million quid a year and I was happy in the job I was in, I would quite happilly turn down 5 million to go somewhere else. If I'm earning enough to live comfortably with no financial worries, I don't feel that I have to then stockpile money so I can go swimming in it like on Duck Tales. Do you really need four houses and ten cars?

Very well said. I fucking love Duck Tales.

there's no doubt the top footballers are vastly overpaid but then again so are a lot of other people such as entertainers and film stars. and the more you earn, the more you spend! but yes its ridiculous the amount of homes and cars some of these folk have.

Firstly, the job in question i.e. playing football, is a constant so its not an issue of going from one thing you're happy doing to one you're potentially not. Secondly, perhaps if you were living a 2 million quid lifestyle your standards and expectations would change and so a 3 million quid raise would be an attractive offer. People don't need virtually all material possessions but they certainly want a lot of them. Referring to a previous post of yours, think of how much clothes you could buy with all that money.

Mega respect for the scrooge mcduck reference!

I honestly very much doubt that. But then again i have so little faith in humanity that my judgment may be coloured by that.

You would be surprised as to how much your standard and cost of living would jump if you started earning ridiculous amounts of money. I doubt you'd still be sitting in your 2 bedroom Aberdeen flat etc.

You might be responsible for a family as well, who wouldn't want the absolute best available for their family? It all costs and the cost suddenly goes up when you have more to spend.

You've already implied in another thread that you're fairly materialistic (tons of clothes yadda yadda) so why would i get the impression that you wouldn't be even more materialistic if you had more money. Why don't you just have two pairs of jeans? That's comfortable living.

I think it's fairly harsh criticising the guy for wanting to get the most out of his career. He'll more than likely have more chance of winning something at City (much as it pains me to say it) as well so it's not always just down to money. City may well buy the league this year, stranger things have happened.

Firstly, the job in question i.e. playing football, is a constant so its not an issue of going from one thing you're happy doing to one you're potentially not. Secondly, perhaps if you were living a 2 million quid lifestyle your standards and expectations would change and so a 3 million quid raise would be an attractive offer. People don't need virtually all material possessions but they certainly want a lot of them. Referring to a previous post of yours, think of how much clothes you could buy with all that money.

Damn, beat me to it. Great minds etc...

It's true you are still playing football, but then you could potentially be jumping to a team like Hearts where the manager changes every 5 minutes, the chairman picks the team and the squad doesn't get paid.

Acheiving job satisfaction has just as much to do with the company you work for and the environment you work in, as the actual job you're doing. In a football sense this could see you moving to a new club where there's more competition for places, a manager who you don't see eye to eye with, poorer training facilities, unreasonable fan expectation, and you moving away from your family and friends, all of these things should be just as important as money when thinking of moving club. Just my opinion anyway.