aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

In other news, saw Zander Diamond in Asda yesterday (not sure why I keep seeing Dons players in there). He drives a very daft looking BMW X6, unquestionably better than my car, but if I had his money I wouldn't drive it.

Also, his bird was disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I would, but even for a nae so bonny loon like Zander, fitba players' birds should be "stunnahs".

Her ex was a boxer who wasn't happy about her shacking up with Zander

Boxer accused of trashing Dons star's car | Aberdeen | Scottish|Scottish News | News Of The World

One time a few years ago I was in the Ministry and I went down the stairs to the toilet, only to find my mate Paul (who has absolutely no interest in football) standing at the bottom of the stairs talking to Zander Diamond. They were busy staring up girl's skirts as they descended the staircase, and making pervy comments about them.

"Paul, do you know who that was you were talking to?"

"Dunno. Some tall bloke."

Aye, he must be about 6' 1" or 6' 2", I remember being a bit surprised that he was shorter than me as he looks a right lanky bastard on thetelly/from the stands.

Ah well, no tears shed from me if they go bust, I never did like them anyway. It's going to fuck the leagues up if they go bust like, too late to promote a Highland League or EOS League team at this point.

Agreed, still pissed off with them for:

1 Beating us into 4th place that year they came up.

2. Beating us 6-1 in the cup at Pittodrie (I was there :down: )

3. Winning a cup before us, especially galling that Jamie McCallister scored a wonder-goal for them that day.

I think they had a fucking annoying drummer that they would take to Pittodrie as well, or was that one of the other diddy teams?

Agreed, still pissed off with them for:

1 Beating us into 4th place that year they came up.

2. Beating us 6-1 in the cup at Pittodrie (I was there :down: )

3. Winning a cup before us, especially galling that Jamie McCallister scored a wonder-goal for them that day.

I think they had a fucking annoying drummer that they would take to Pittodrie as well, or was that one of the other diddy teams?

They were absolute ding in their last couple of seasons in the SPL. The teams the brought up to Pittodrie were embarassing, just 11 utter donkeys, who literally couldn't string two passes together, it would always end up a dull, scrappy 1-0 affair. I took my nephew to Pittodrie for his first football match for his 13th birthday and he chose a Livi game, it was just utter shit. I can't believe he ever went back. He's a season ticket holder now!

I remember the year they won that league cup, they beat Hibs in the final. Hibs had knocked out Rangers in the quarters and Celtic in the semis. if ever a team deserved to win a cup it was Hibs that year, then fucking Livi won it, that made me hate them.

I'd rather MM held out for decent players instead of making pish panic signings just to appease the fans like Calderclown used to.

Surely he should have had a list of players he thought may be useful LONG before he signed for us? Even some targets at Motherwell that may have been good signings?

Is it really that difficult?

Or do we not scout players and keep tabs on possible signings?

Laughable.

Surely he should have had a list of players he thought may be useful LONG before he signed for us? Even some targets at Motherwell that may have been good signings?

Is it really that difficult?

Or do we not scout players and keep tabs on possible signings?

Laughable.

I think it really is that difficult I'm afraid. Anyone who would actually improve us and therefore be worth signing would probably also improve a smaller championship club (or Hearts) who could probably offer twice as much money than us at a minimum.

There's foreign players that we could sign like Dave Bus, Jeffrey De Vischer, Dyron Daal....or there's players from the lower Scottish leagues we could sign like Leigh Hinds, Jamie McQuilken etc....

sorry lads, we already signed John Gemmell. If only Aberdeen had employed Davie Hannah. The great man would have imported a load of skint icelanders who would play for nowt! nobody remember andri sigporsson?

Nope, but I do remember Haraldur Ingolfsson and Porranin Kristjiannsen, although I'm pretty sure their names looked nothing like that.

Bring Back Cherno Samba! He's currently clubless after an unsuccessful stint for FC Haka of Finland, I think 'boro could find a place for a striker who hasn't scored a first team goal since 2006!

At least Kennedy is playing for Ajax these days, he's managed to transfer some of his champ man potential into real world success. Good for him.

sorry lads, we already signed John Gemmell. If only Aberdeen had employed Davie Hannah. The great man would have imported a load of skint icelanders who would play for nowt! nobody remember andri sigporsson?

This Davie Hannah thing is still utterly hilarious and in no way becoming fucking boring and unfunny.