aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

How? I'd love him to stay at Manyoo. He's the most dedicated player I can think of. His last game at Old Trafford brought him to tears when he was substituted. Compare that to the dedication of Gary Barry. Mr Pound Signs himself. He's done everything he can to get a permanent deal confirmed, and put his heart and soul into the club. If United are still refusing the keep him on after all that, then can you blame him for going to a club who actually want him? I'd be sad tio see him go when the club has evidently meant so much to him. It's also baffling how they'd prefer to keep on Berbatov than Tevez, but it seems to be going that way. Tevez even admitted that if they'd have penned his permanent move sooner, he'd be happy to sit on the bench and fight for a place. It's the messing about that has pushed him away, and rightly so. You can't hold that against the player. I think even if he went to Liverpool, he'd still be the most likeable, admirable player in the world. Love that guy.

To be honest. I'd rather him go to City than Liverpool,. who seemed to be the two main interested parties. Liverpool are actually a rival, where as City are just the other team in Manchester.

I've recently come round to the way of thinking that Tevez isn't actually as good as everyone seems to think. Fair enough; he puts himself about and doesn't stop running, but what is he actually achieving? Everyone thinks Berbatov is a lazy disappointment but there's some crazy stat kicking about that hes more assists than Tevez and (bafflingly) covered more yards in some games. I just think Berbas touch and control are wonderful to watch though, so I'd be happy to keep seeing him play (for anyone) even if he just stood in the one place and had to have the ball kicked directly at him.

I do agree, however, that the way that Man United have treated Tevez is shabby and he has every right to want to go anywhere else where they'll pay for him (25m a bit much though, sure enough?). And what's more, his workrate would be cracking at Liverpool where he could be the ideal support striker for Torres, letting him fully work his magic......

I've recently come round to the way of thinking that Tevez isn't actually as good as everyone seems to think. Fair enough; he puts himself about and doesn't stop running, but what is he actually achieving? Everyone thinks Berbatov is a lazy disappointment but there's some crazy stat kicking about that hes more assists than Tevez and (bafflingly) covered more yards in some games. I just think Berbas touch and control are wonderful to watch though, so I'd be happy to keep seeing him play (for anyone) even if he just stood in the one place and had to have the ball kicked directly at him.

I do agree, however, that the way that Man United have treated Tevez is shabby and he has every right to want to go anywhere else where they'll pay for him (25m a bit much though, sure enough?). And what's more, his workrate would be cracking at Liverpool where he could be the ideal support striker for Torres, letting him fully work his magic......

He's a fan favourite because of his determination and work rate. The stats favour Berbatov, but he just doesn't seem to care. Its going to be viewed differently if looking at stats and looking at the game being played.

He's also being played as an out and out no. 9 type player, when he's more suited to the freelance no. 10 role, but Man United don't really employ that way of playing, and if they do, it's Wayne Rooney. On the occasion when Tevez has played in the right position, he's been fantastic.

Berbatov is class, but alot of the time the effort isn't there, and he's often caught well out of position and doesn't make the effort to get back into the box, meaning a cross is blasted in to no one. He's a poacher. He needs to poach.

stats can be made to say what you want them too. I would much rather have Tevez than Berbatov, i just feel he offers more, he may not have the instantly reconisable class that berb has but he offers so much more to the team effort. If fergie is going to insist on Ronaldcock upfront then Tevez and Ronney running off him would be awesome, berb couldnt do that job. Tevez has those moments of brilliance as well, we just havent seen as much of him this year.

Agreed.

He's only second to Ronaldo in the team at being able to blast goals in from a great distance. He needs to play behind the striker. Not leading it.

I'm just speculating, but you can just imagine Berbatov being the type of player happily jumping ship if a big money offer came from Madird or Barca or something. You just know Tevez would stay for good if he signed on permanently.

yeah exactly tevez would stay there for the rest of his career or at least until he wants to go back home, berb would fuck off as soon as real/barca/millan came in for him.

I just hate Berb as a player, all that talent but the worst fucking attitude i have seen from a player, well second only to ronaldcock. You know Tevez wouldnt piss and moan during a game if he was playing bad, he would stick his head down and work hard to make it goes his way.

I think Berbatovs attitude is worse than Ronaldo's. Ronaldo is an infuriating child, but he wants to win and he really will pull his finger out when it matters. It seems like Berbatov doesn't care if he wins or loses. He's also far too slow to be anything but a poacher, but he tries to take on too much. World class sides need more than a 1 trick pony in the box.

true at least Ronaldo looks like he wants to win most of the time, Berb never seems bothered. Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney as a front line would be devestating for Man U i think, pitty Fergie doesnt seem to think the same.

Ferguson doesn't like parting with money for a player other clubs want either. He must know he'll have to keep upping the price to compete rather than haggle down. Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves, Vidic, Evra etc... all unrivalled transfers. So was Berbatov until Man City poked in on the last day. I can't remember the last time he challenged for a sought after player and was successful. Every time he has challenged, the player has gone the other way, or stayed put. Essien, Mikel, Ronaldinho, Torres, although the latter was because after much consideration, David Gill concluded that Fernando Torres was simply just not good enough at football...

Nice one.

Ferguson doesn't like parting with money for a player other clubs want either. He must know he'll have to keep upping the price to compete rather than haggle down. Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves, Vidic, Evra etc... all unrivalled transfers. So was Berbatov until Man City poked in on the last day. I can't remember the last time he challenged for a sought after player and was successful. Every time he has challenged, the player has gone the other way, or stayed put. Essien, Mikel, Ronaldinho, Torres, although the latter was because after much consideration, David Gill concluded that Fernando Torres was simply just not good enough at football...

Nice one.

did Mikel not sign then ask to be released when chelski offered him more money?

As for the Torres one, stupid fucking decision, BUT not one you can say they have suffered for.

Today at work I was really bored, so I decided I'd poke fun at my football club.

I take it you all saw this yesterday: Newcastle United | nufc.co.uk | News | Latest News | Latest News | NUFC Statement ?

Given that they've been so kind as to provide an email address, I sent 'em a little something.

Hello Mr Ashley,

My name is Uwa Mgumbo. I am wealthy Nigeria business man. The type you might see in Hollywood movie good friend. I would love to be buying your football club. My uncle is Minister of Banking here in Nigeria and has the sum of $100,000,000 British Dollars in secret back account. I would be very interested to buy this Newcastle United Football Team as I hear they do well in Premiership under your exellent guidence my friend. If you can send me the sum of $1,000 British Dollars or perhaps if that is too difficult give me contract to excellent players Shola Amoeba and Nicky Butt we can do some excellent business dealings. Also I like very much make great hero of Scotland Davie Hannah new manager.

Doctor Uwa Mgumbo.

Professor of finacnial Studys

Nigeria institute of Businesses and Money

Wonder if I'll get a reply...

• Upvote 5

Today at work I was really bored, so I decided I'd poke fun at my football club.

I take it you all saw this yesterday: Newcastle United | nufc.co.uk | News | Latest News | Latest News | NUFC Statement ?

Given that they've been so kind as to provide an email address, I sent 'em a little something.

Wonder if I'll get a reply...

I'd have repped you for this as it made me chuckle, but the rep nazis say no.