aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Cummy was poor when he was with us, and was apparently gash when he played with Buckie. Bombscare who likes to hoof the ball up the pitch and always looked shaky.

All the best to him!

Fuck knows what's went wrong with him - he was such a promising prospect (couple of years below me at New Deer Primary School, then Mintlaw Academy).

When he managed to evade signing S-forms for Aberdeen which ruins most potential football careers up our way and got himself down to Blackburn, I thought he was going to "make it". Never got into the first team and found himself back up here.

He was supposedly pretty good at Elgin?

He stood head and shoulders above our amateur side when he featured in a friendly when he was only about 13/14. Played up front and was just phenomonal. Bullying the big bad defenders and scored a couple of headers. So quick as well.

Ah well, he's into family life now, so hopefully he'll settle in at Formartine and just enjoy the football. :up:

Ricky Gillies surpasses them all. He was ding.

I'd love to stick up for Ricky. I really would.

If he'd never come back to Saints I probably would've as well.

He did have a cracking season for us in 00/01, scored 12 goals i think, including a double live on Sky in a crucial game vs Utd that was supposed to decide who went down.

We won. But thanks to Alan Main and Paul Hartley's complete incompetence and match-riggery, we went down on the last day.

:down:

Tom Hendrie would be the Scotland manager by now if wasnt for those two :swearing:

Ricky unfortunately was complete mince the rest of his spell at Love Street. If only he'd went to AC Milan when he had the chance :up:

Aye I mind when Cummy and Steven Watt were both down in Englandshire - played against both when they were kids and it was scary how good they were, surprised neither really made it.

Theres a wall in the Chelsea museum with a little plaque for every player thats appeared for the Chelsea first team. Was weird seeing Steven Watt's name up there alongside Vialli and Zola!

Aye I mind when Cummy and Steven Watt were both down in Englandshire - played against both when they were kids and it was scary how good they were, surprised neither really made it.

Theres a wall in the Chelsea museum with a little plaque for every player thats appeared for the Chelsea first team. Was weird seeing Steven Watt's name up there alongside Vialli and Zola!

Steven Watt was a hell of a player, impossible to get near him coz he was so strong. being part of the classic Mintlaw vs Banff games of the 99/2000 season I can attest to that. I remember once he missed a sitter, punched the ground and left a good 5 inch divot in the the turf that is probably still there.

Steven Watt was a hell of a player, impossible to get near him coz he was so strong. being part of the classic Mintlaw vs Banff games of the 99/2000 season I can attest to that. I remember once he missed a sitter, punched the ground and left a good 5 inch divot in the the turf that is probably still there.

Steven Watt was indeed a fantastic player back in those days. I still remember an Elgin City v. Banff under 16 friendly match, where we questioned his age; as he looked about 5 years older than us. Turns out he was about 13 at the time!! Must've been his beard that confused us...

Shame he got a few injuries and ended up being rubbish (now at C*unty) :down:

Guest idol_wild
Steven Watt was indeed a fantastic player back in those days. I still remember an Elgin City v. Banff under 16 friendly match, where we questioned his age; as he looked about 5 years older than us. Turns out he was about 13 at the time!! Must've been his beard that confused us...

Shame he got a few injuries and ended up being rubbish (now at C*unty) :down:

I remember when I played for Portlethen U15s and one of our fiercest rivals was a now defunct club called King Street Belmont. We always felt aggrieved when opposing players were 6'2" with beards and chest hair bouncing out the collar of their shirts, but we knew that most of those types of players were just early developers. However, we once got skelped 5-1 at home by King Street Belmont and their 'keeper - who was awarded Man of the Match - drove away in a jeep. :down:

Guest idol_wild
That made me laugh a lot. I've gotta spunk some rep about tho so you get a :up:.

I don't give a raging homosexual rat's ass for rep. A thumbs up is all I need for approval. :up:

Guest idol_wild
Gareth Barry is now officially the biggest dildo in the EPL, apart from Robinho. What on earth was he thinking?

Ambitionless twatty face bumfucks.