aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I can't remember him playing for Motherwell.

Would be an odd choice for Celtic though, and not exactly the 'big name' or 'celtic minded' guy the legions of the unwashed will be after.

The comments are pretty funny.

Bluenose1978 (Rangers fan)

"He is a good manager so i hope he says "NO""

throb (Rangers fan)

"mmwwwhahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa.... looks like the title stays at Ibrox for at least another season... back to the biscuit tin hoops!!"

bhoywonder67

"Oh no...................."

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
I can't remember him playing for Motherwell.

Would be an odd choice for Celtic though, and not exactly the 'big name' or 'celtic minded' guy the legions of the unwashed will be after.

I think it's the kind of guy Celtic need. Young, talented, enthusiastic and cheap.

I'd be happy with that appointment. Could do well, and could stay for a long time, or could do well and move onto bigger and better things with Celtic getting a massive compensation package. Or he could do a Le Guen.

I'd take that chance though :)

Nigel Pepper to be the new Dons boss.

I think it's the kind of guy Celtic need. Young, talented, enthusiastic and cheap.

I'd be happy with that appointment. Could do well, and could stay for a long time, or could do well and move onto bigger and better things with Celtic getting a massive compensation package. Or he could do a Le Guen.

I'd take that chance though :)

Nigel Pepper to be the new Dons boss.

So much for Moyes or Bilic then......

Bit of a step down for the tattie munchers in comparison to some of the names being banded about.

As you say though, he's young and might bring something different.

Yup. Alex Miller was the culprit. What a balloon eh?

And he got sent off two games in a row.

What a talent. Think he only played about 10 games. Dark days......

Alex Miller *shudders* that was a very dark part of the dons history.

I would have liked to see what jimmy could have done even with the money we used to sign him and one of the bulgarians, we wasted so much money on shit.

Alex Miller *shudders* that was a very dark part of the dons history.

I would have liked to see what jimmy could have done even with the money we used to sign him and one of the bulgarians, we wasted so much money on shit.

Alex Miller/Roy Aitken spent an absolute fortune!

Aitken spent 800K on Brian O' Neil. He should have been shot on the spot.

Along with 1million on the 2 bulgarians!

And many more disasters......

Alex Miller for the Billy Dodds/Robbie Winters fiasco too.... what was he thinking? We paid 800K for Dodds.... and gave them that plus Dodds for Winters.... lunacy.

Yup. Alex Miller was the culprit. What a balloon eh?

And he got sent off two games in a row.

What a talent. Think he only played about 10 games. Dark days......

I'm pretty sure the 2nd of those sendings off (the famous one against Celtic as his first contribution after coming on as a sub, was it Regi Blinker he tackled?) didn't actually make any contact with the player. I remember being furious while watching it on TV, not because of the tackle but because of the dive. Yet bizarrely it was never mentioned by the commentators or anyone else in the years since. Instead it's trotted out as another example of how shit Pepper was.

Anyone find it on youtube to confirm if I'm imagining the whole thing or not?

Alex Miller for the Billy Dodds/Robbie Winters fiasco too.... what was he thinking? We paid 800K for Dodds.... and gave them that plus Dodds for Winters.... lunacy.

Worst. Transfer. Ever.

And Winters wants to come back to Aberdeen. That would be the 2nd worst transfer ever.

I'm pretty sure the 2nd of those sendings off (the famous one against Celtic as his first contribution after coming on as a sub, was it Regi Blinker he tackled?) didn't actually make any contact with the player. I remember being furious while watching it on TV, not because of the tackle but because of the dive. Yet bizarrely it was never mentioned by the commentators or anyone else in the years since. Instead it's trotted out as another example of how shit Pepper was.

I remember it was hilarious. Everyone was killing themselves laughing in the stands. He was a total joke of a player. I'm off to search you tube.....

So much for Moyes or Bilic then......

Bit of a step down for the tattie munchers in comparison to some of the names being banded about.

As you say though, he's young and might bring something different.

I don't think Moyes was ever realistic. Celtic apparently made an approach for him, but he's publicly said he's not interested.

Billic was the one who said he wanted to come to Celtic (or speak to them at least), and I'd be happy with that appointment I think. No club experience, but he could add a bit of excitement to Celtic Park, in a similar way that Martinez could.

The worst thing about Celtic the last couple of seasons has been the tedium. Boring one dimensional football. Someone with bright ideas and enthusiasm for the game, and a desire to win and win well could do wonders for the club.

Regi Blinker gave you a wonderful 30 yard own goal in return though.

Clown.

surely colin woodthorpe would rank in there as well!!

Miller and Aitken threw away as much money as the next 5 managers have had to spend collectivly.

It wasn't just the money though, swapping the club's top scorer for the previous 3 seasons for Robbie Fucking Winters AND giving them 800k. Fucking morons.

Why the hell does Billy Dodds still talk fondly about Aberdeen? Says a lot about the guy, most other players would be forever slagging the club off for doing that.

surely colin woodthorpe would rank in there as well!!

Miller and Aitken threw away as much money as the next 5 managers have had to spend collectivly.

Christ on a bike... Woodthorpe. Another howler.

Along with Paul Kane. Horrific.

And not forgetting Peter 'Silky' Hetherston.

This thread is giving me terrible flashbacks. Shudder.

Lets hope the new manager brings in some players of a slightly better calibre.

It wasn't just the money though, swapping the club's top scorer for the previous 3 seasons for Robbie Fucking Winters AND giving them 800k. Fucking morons.

Why the hell does Billy Dodds still talk fondly about Aberdeen? Says a lot about the guy, most other players would be forever slagging the club off for doing that.

he was probably delighted to get away from the madness that was the dons back then, well not much has changed actually!! haha

Robbie winters was fucking gash except that one season before he left for fucking norway!

Christ on a bike... Woodthorpe. Another howler.

Along with Paul Kane. Horrific.

And not forgetting Peter 'Silky' Hetherston.

This thread is giving me terrible flashbacks. Shudder.

Lets hope the new manager brings in some players of a slightly better calibre.

SILKY!!!! another great one, does anyone know how much money we paid Craig Hignet for the 6 months he was up here? He could have gone on to be great for us but he quickly realised how shit it was in scotland and buggered off down the road again.

Well it looks like we'll be keeping Gus at the helm so I'm unsure how we're goning to get on next season. My heart says we're going to start splashing some of the cash we clearly have (bid nearly 100k for Rankin last year & 50k for Twaddle - none of which has been spent since) and sort out our squad. If Haining goes as expected then we def need at least 1 if not 2 Centre Halves. Would love to keep Cuthbert but he's been harping on about returning to Celtic since the day he arrived. if both leave we will have John Potter and Marc MacAusland as our only two CBs. A left back is a priority also, as Miranda looks like he's heading home and Mo Camara is quite simply not a left back. We've never had a right midfielder in the 5 years Gus has been in charge so I'd expect some movement there, plus a reliable left winger and a striker who can actually find the back of the net regularly wouldnt go amiss.

My head unfortunately tells me that Gus will give contracts to pretty much all those who've expired (Garry Brady signed on this morning) and we'll spend the rest of the summer looking at trialists with Gus' usual 'we have to be sure they're better than what we've got' mantra being doled out all summer until he makes a panic signing who turns out to be gash (see Tonet for a recent example). We'll then start the seaosn with Mo Camara at LB, no natural right mid in the squad and be looking wistfully at Craig Dargo, hoping he's gonna find his shooting boots over the summer.

We've been linked with a few players, particularly Lee Mair, Michael Higdon and Mark Brown who would all be reasonable if not inspiring signings.

Oh yeah, and if Andy Dorman is still here I'll be fkn delighted.

that wasn't the same game when we won 3-2, celtic had 3 pens with 2 saved and mark perry scored an absolute peach was it?

Yeah, same game.

I played my Aberdeen supporting mate on Fifa or some similar game the night before. He beat me 3-2 (he was Dons, I was Celtic). He said "that will be the score tomorrow". I said "nobody will score 3 past Celtic this season..."

Celtic missed two pens. I think the referee turned down a completely legitimate penalty claim, then about 2 minutes later, the ball bounced innocently through the Aberdeen box, nobody touched, it nobody touched each other etc and the referee blew for another penalty. EVERYONE was like "what the fuck was that for?". Larsson stepped up and made it 3-2. He took all our penalties from then on in for years until he discovered the habit of putting them too close to the keeper and missed a couple. He used to step up and slot them right into either bottom corner, right inside the post, almost every time.

I wish Larsson still played for us. What a player.

that wasn't the same game when we won 3-2, celtic had 3 pens with 2 saved and mark perry scored an absolute peach was it?

I remember watching that match with a mate who's a Celtic fan. We won 3-2 and at the end the match stats came up and we had only 2 shots on target. He went fucking mental. :princess:

SILKY!!!! another great one, does anyone know how much money we paid Craig Hignet for the 6 months he was up here? He could have gone on to be great for us but he quickly realised how shit it was in scotland and buggered off down the road again.

Hignett was apparently on about 10k a week if i remember correctly.

Good player, bit of a cock though.