aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Or Rooney...

25m is a lot to pay for someone who will probably spend most of the season on the bench again. Tevez and Rooney don't play particularly well together, as has been evident this season and Rooney is a much better player than Tevez in my opinion.

Rooney seems to be playing on the left at the moment though. If they operated a similar formation to Liverpool, with three attacking midfielders behind the frontman, with Rooney on the left, Tevez in the middle, Ronaldo (or his replacement) on the right, all behind Berbatov or Huntelaar.... BOOM!

I think, anyway.

Rooney only plays that way because Fergie consistantly plays him out of his natural position tho. Van Nistelrooy still scores shit loads of goals im not quite sure what you mean with that statement.

No he doesn't, Rooney has never been an out and out striker. Even when he was at Everton he was always the guy hanging around the edge of the box taking long-rangers and pushing the ball into the box for another striker. His game has come on and he's a lot more physical than he used to be but he's a grafter and provider not a goal poacher. Never has been.

No he doesn't, Rooney has never been an out and out striker. Even when he was at Everton he was always the guy hanging around the edge of the box taking long-rangers and pushing the ball into the box for another striker. His game has come on and he's a lot more physical than he used to be but he's a grafter and provider not a goal poacher. Never has been.

no he is not a poacher but he still plays a much different role now than he used to, i think mainly because of fergies insistance to play ronaldo up front. Tevez is a more sit just behind the strikers kinda player i dont see Rooney being good enough or consistant enough for that position.

What did you mean about Ruud?

He could play very well as poacher though. He's scored alot of poached goals, but he has too much of a wortk ethic to stand about waiting for the delivery. His goal against Chelsea at OT this season was a great example, poking his foot between Ashley Coles legs. Extraordinary vision.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

The season Man Utd bought him for 28 million (or so), he scored 4 goals for Everton if my memory serves me right.

He's a wonderfully talented all round football player, who can score a lot of goals. He could play anywhere on the pitch and excel if you ask me. That's why, if he's played as an out and out striker, he'll get you goals, and if you played him in centre mid he'd probably boss the game. But his natural position is the traditional number 10 in behind the strikers, where he can roam about anywhere on the pitch, picking up the ball and making things happen. That's what he's all about.

Man United should be built around Rooney in my opinion. If they don't want to do that, we'll happily build a team around him at Celtic ;)

I wouldn't say amazingly. They did score more goals though, i'll give you that. Doesn't mean they played well together though.

but they did play well together, everyone harped on about how they thought they couldnt do it yet man u's front line dominated everyone last year, they were amazing together causing no end of problems for defences and making shit loads of space for ronaldo to make use of.

He could play very well as poacher though. He's scored alot of poached goals, but he has too much of a wortk ethic to stand about waiting for the delivery. His goal against Chelsea at OT this season was a great example, poking his foot between Ashley Coles legs. Extraordinary vision.

His main talents would be wasted if he was a goal-poacher.

I honestly think he's the best player in the world right now. All the attributes he has mean that he's got a lot more long-term, high quality playing ahead of him than the likes of Kaka and Ronaldo (Don't get me wrong, they're both very good too but very one-dimensional).

Ruud Van Nistelrooy was an out and out poacher. But he was playing in injury time on his knees and he's lost that edge of sharpness now at Real. Still good mind, just not as good.

His main talents would be wasted if he was a goal-poacher.

I honestly think he's the best player in the world right now. All the attributes he has mean that he's got a lot more long-term, high quality playing ahead of him than the likes of Kaka and Ronaldo (Don't get me wrong, they're both very good too but very one-dimensional).

Ruud Van Nistelrooy was an out and out poacher. But he was playing in injury time on his knees and he's lost that edge of sharpness now at Real. Still good mind, just not as good.

sorry to keep quoting you just dont agree again with what youve said!! haha

Messi is miles ahead of Rooney in terms of what he offers a team, Ronney is very very inconsistant still, you only hear of him doing it in short spells.

Kaka one dimensional?? In what way?

sorry to keep quoting you just dont agree again with what youve said!! haha

Messi is miles ahead of Rooney in terms of what he offers a team, Ronney is very very inconsistant still, you only hear of him doing it in short spells.

Kaka one dimensional?? In what way?

Messi is only good going forward and has horrendously quiet spells regularly. I wouldn't say that Rooney is inconsistant at all. He's scored roughly the same amount of goals each season since he moved to United and he is always involved in some way with Man Utd's goals either providing, scoring or dragging defenders away. He also puts in terrificly good shifts getting back to help out the midfield. His game is not soley reliant on pace, like Ronaldo/Kaka/Messi. Their legs will go at some point in their mid-late 20s/early 30s and i very much doubt that Rooney's will.

Messi is only good going forward and has horrendously quite spells regularly. I wouldn't say that Rooney is inconsistant at all. He's scored roughly the same amount of goals each season since he moved to United and he is always involved in some way with Man Utd's goals either providing, scoring or dragging defenders away. He also puts in terrificly good shifts getting back to help out the midfield. His game is not soley reliant on pace, like Ronaldo/Kaka/Messi. Their legs will go at some point in their mid-late 20s/early 30s and i very much doubt that Rooney's will.

Have you really watched Kaka or Messi, neither of their games is based on speed really, infact Kaka is not known as a fast player by any means, messi's speed is his control not his blistering pace. Messi just scored 37 goals from midfield, hardly someone who goes through horredous spells, he scores a lot more than rooney, sets up a lot more than rooney and is miles and miles ahead of him technically IMO of course.

im sorry i was under the impression this was a forum for discussing things....

Anyone that says Messi is nowhere near as good a player as Rooney is clearly deluded. Discussion over. Boom. ;)

I'm only kidding ladies.... its entertaining.... keep it up...... better than Dons/Celtic boss chat.....

Anyone that says Messi is nowhere near as good a player as Rooney is clearly deluded. Discussion over. Boom. ;)

I'm only kidding ladies.... its entertaining.... keep it up...... better than Dons/Celtic boss chat.....

anyone who says he isnt clearly doesnt watch enough football ;) boom discussion reopened. hahaha

Have you really watched Kaka or Messi, neither of their games is based on speed really, infact Kaka is not known as a fast player by any means, messi's speed is his control not his blistering pace. Messi just scored 37 goals from midfield, hardly someone who goes through horredous spells, he scores a lot more than rooney, sets up a lot more than rooney and is miles and miles ahead of him technically IMO of course.

I've seen both play a fair bit. I know Messi has had a great season this year. I do disagree with the providing thing and putting in the work though.

Maybe with Kaka speed of movement would be more accurate. He's very quick on his feet right now, that won't last forever. He is great on the dead-ball front and he has got vision but i guarantee his role will change in the team over the next few years, a la David Beckham (who was a similar sort of player to Kaka earlier on in his career). Whether Kaka has the physicality to cope with a shift in playing style when he loses his edge or not is another matter, time will tell.

I've seen both play a fair bit. I know Messi has had a great season this year. I do disagree with the providing thing and putting in the work though.

Maybe with Kaka speed of movement would be more accurate. He's very quick on his feet right now, that won't last forever. He is great on the dead-ball front and he has got vision but i guarantee his role will change in the team over the next few years, a la David Beckham (who was a similar sort of player to Kaka earlier on in his career). Whether Kaka has the physicality to cope with a shift in playing style when he loses his edge or not is another matter, time will tell.

i think the work he puts in is different to rooney tho, i do think messi has a bigger impact on the game when he gets involved compare to rooneys ability to run himself into the ground for 90 mins, i guess it depends on what you are looking for in your team.

Again i dont agree with what youve said about kaka, i never saw beckham as being anything similar to him in any kind of way. But this is the beautiful thing about football isnt it?

And Pirlo, perhaps Pato. None of whom will go imo. If Kaka goes anywhere, it will be Real, but that is a big if. He seems to love Milan, and what with coming out and saying how he wants the captains armband after Ambrosini I reckon he may well spend his career there. Unless they suddenly stop contending for any honours whatsoever. He has already proved he isn't a money grabbing mercenary, so any move by him would be football driven. I'd be surprised if any Milan players go to Chelsea actually, my money is on them signing Ribery, David Villa and perhaps David Silva. All of whom would be cheaper than the Milan players and are of no real lesser quality.

I think Kaka's immediate future depends on whether Berlusconi and Galliani are looking to provide serious investment and rebuild their squad this summmer. Much like when Buffon threatened to leave Juve until the directors persuaded him that they were getting their finger out.

The only Milan player I can realistically see joining Chelsea is Pirlo. He's an Ancelotti favourite and I think Milan would now be willing to sell him, since he's been largely ineffective for about 2 years. Even though Ancelotti and Seedorf love eachother, I can't see Ancelotti seeing any need for an undermotivated troublemaker at Chelsea.

But I think Messi is miles better than Rooney............ boom? or not to boom?

Hiddink for the Dons.

I need to get out into the sun I think.

but i think messi is miles better than rooney.......so no boom ;)

maybe thats your problem, the sun is already affecting your judgement of football players ;P

but i think messi is miles better than rooney.......so no boom ;)

maybe thats your problem, the sun is already affecting your judgement of football players ;P

Nah, I'd have Messi in my team over Rooney.

Or both.

And Kaka.

And maybe Richie Byrne. Or Nigel Pepper.

Not forgetting David Winnie.