aberdeen-music

Every Time I Die @ The Tunnels

I heard a rumour that My Mind's Weapon "baggsyed", the support slot for this only for the Tunnels to go back on their word and tell them they weren't doing it because they, "had never played a christmas gig for them"..... However I do not know if this is truth. Im just spreading rumours like a shit.

Worryingly, and pathetically that is very accurate.

All of MMW (but especially Ben) are huge ETID fans, and we were hoping to make this gig Ben's last show. It would have been a fantastic send-off for Ben.

But what I can say, my family who I see 3 times a year live 600 miles away and I wouldn't sacrifice spending Christmas and New Year with them for the sake of a tunnels gig..

...I can see why they hold a grudge.

Guest idol_wild

All of MMW (but especially Ben) are huge ETID fans, and we were hoping to make this gig Ben's last show. It would have been a fantastic send-off for Ben.

But what I can say, my family who I see 3 times a year live 600 miles away and I wouldn't sacrifice spending Christmas and New Year with them for the sake of a tunnels gig..

I was told about this at the weekend.

Fucking horrible situation. And quite unbelievable too.

Why is Ben leaving?

We'll make an anouncement soon - all amicable to be honest, just a few little reasons here and there. Nothing too exciting really!

I was told about this at the weekend.

Fucking horrible situation. And quite unbelievable too.

Yeah man.

I was actually so excited when I heard about this gig. I would never, ever be as arrogant as to 'expect' to get any gig... but with this one it was like the fucking planets had aligned.*

*for the record I think astrology is bullshit

that's payoor savage.

it is such bad buisness sense not to give this support slot to MMW who ever thought that it was a good idea to take them off the bill really should have their head examined. This gig with weapon supporting would have sold out very easily, especially if it was going to be Bens last gig, i would imagine the Tunnles doesnt make a sterling profit from most gigs and this would have been a great oppertunity to A, sell out your venue B, make a shit load of money and C, give one of aberdeens most sucessful bands who have sold hundreds of tickets for said venue before a decent send off.

Seems like someone has something up their ass against Weapon because there is no way the people running the Tunnels wouldnt have thought about the first two points.

seems like politics are still present in the music scene. I can understand doing favours for promoters in return for consideration when a fantastic opportunity arises but if the situation with Weapon and Tunnels is true then that goes beyond pathetic.

Not giving a support slot to a band who deserve it / best represent Aberdeen's offering within a certain genre / and can increase the likeliness of the show selling out is just ignorant on the promoters part. I thought you lot were supposed to be in it for the money*

Like them or not, My Minds Weapon pull in a crowd.

On a brighter note, Every Time I Die in Aberdeen!?!?! I never thought I'd see the day, beats driving to Glasgow for the show too! :up:

*sarcasm (incase you didn't get it)

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
no one giving a shit about this anymore?

this will be pretty good.

Nae really my thing, but just can't understand The Tunnels sometimes. MMW are the obvious support band for this gig.

Cant wait for this. i still dont see how mmw are the "obvious" support band for this show?

that is in no way ment as a disparaging remark towards weapon,

a band with an element of southen rock/metal would be the prime candidates,

but i cant see any "obvious" bands suited and cant see the fuss with two of aberdeens younger bands getting it?

Cant wait for this. i still dont see how mmw are the "obvious" support band for this show?

but i cant see any "obvious" bands suited and cant see the fuss with two of aberdeens younger bands getting it?

if you cant see why its obvious then your blinded by the fact your on the bill.

Anyway the problem is not about your band and asd getting the gig its to do with the fact they were told they could play only for the tunnels to change their mind because they didnt play any xmas gigs. No disrespect but weapon would out sell your band by about 5 to 1 on the door, have sold hundreds ot tickets for the tunnels before and are an established band on a national scale, it just doenst make good buisness sense to give it to you over them.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

My post wasn't a dig at Glass Wolves or ASD. I have no problem with either/both you guys getting the gig at all.

I just think MMW should be the main support band, and the way they've been treated by the Tunnels is a bit shoddy.

if you cant see why its obvious then your blinded by the fact your on the bill.

Anyway the problem is not about your band and asd getting the gig its to do with the fact they were told they could play only for the tunnels to change their mind because they didnt play any xmas gigs. No disrespect but weapon would out sell your band by about 5 to 1 on the door, have sold hundreds ot tickets for the tunnels before and are an established band on a national scale, it just doenst make good buisness sense to give it to you over them.

i can see where you comming from with the "good buisness" part, but if you were the promoter would you not be slightly annoyed that when ever you've tryed booking one band they have always said no, but as soon as a really good show come up they would jump on it,

i mean that purely as an example, as i dont doubt either partys professionalism,

My post wasn't a dig at Glass Wolves or ASD. I have no problem with either/both you guys getting the gig at all.

I just think MMW should be the main support band, and the way they've been treated by the Tunnels is a bit shoddy.

I wasnt taking it as a dig buddy, i understand why it some might think weapon should be on it, but at the same time i also dont see how people automatically assume, big band - automatically = weapon,

i can see where you comming from with the "good buisness" part, but if you were the promoter would you not be slightly annoyed that when ever you've tryed booking one band they have always said no, but as soon as a really good show come up they would jump on it,

i mean that purely as an example, as i dont doubt either partys professionalism,

if that was the case then the promoter would be well within their rights to do that, but its not like weapon havent sold hundreds of tickets for past gigs they have played in the tunnles. Saying they didnt do an xmas gig where a few of them go home to see family is a shit excuse for taking a band off a bill.

Btw just to be clear im not having a go at you guys or saying you shouldnt be allowed to play the gig or anything like that, i just dont like the way weapon were shunted off the bill.

Its fine dude, i dont think that anyones having a go at the bands that are on it so much as the weapon thing,

from my understanding i thought it was more than the christmas show, i thought it was quite a few shows, but i cant authenticate that statement.

meh, im just happy with the chance to play with one of my favourite bands,