aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

The one facing us, my cat does that sort of 5-star frog splash leap sometimes. It's ace-ic.

Free music 'cause I write reviews is pretty ace-ic. Just got the drug couple tracks. Still tempted to buy the cd though.

Free music for review writing is ace. I got bored after a year of writing about shit records though. Got some great stuff in the process though, but also about 80% of shite.

• Upvote 1

It's wonderful. I went to the corner shop last night at 9pm in shorts. IN FEBRUARY. Last February I slipped and did my elbow in on solid ice on the pavements. This year is better than last year. Weather rules!

Did you have enough time to slip off your elbow pads and give a mean fucking eyebrow to the crowd?

I've got this fucking awesome green and yellow hand-knitted scarf, made of big chunky wool, so warm, I love it and wear it every day. 2 weeks ago I was out in the pub and as I was leaving at 3am I realised I didn't have it. I asked the bouncers if I could go back in and look for it, two different bouncers went into where I was sitting and couldn't find it. I was sad. This Monday I went into that bar, and all the other bars I was in that night asking they had found it, no luck, nowhere had it, I had resigned myself to the fact that it was gone.

Yesterday while wandering through the city centre I decided to have a nosie round Oxfam, just on a whim. In the mens clothes section was my scarf. £1.75 later, it's back round my neck. :)

STORY. BRO. COOL.

• Upvote 3

I was reading through your initial post yawning but then i got to the end and realised it actually is a cool story. Im not even being sarcastic. I've lost heaps of stuff over the years and never thought to look in charity shops for them. Top tip, Mr Rathen, top tip indeed.

It's a shame you had to pay for your own scarf. Probably should have thrown your weight around, kicked over a few cardigan rails, knock over the pile of board games and tell them it's your scarf. Oxfam pretty much stole it from you. A priceless, irreplacable family garment.

You got ripped off. This should be in Pet Hates really. I hate getting ripped off.

• Upvote 2

Tell you what was ace-ic at least for me yesterday.....

Completly by accident, while searching for the RAF squadron my Dad served in during the war, I found a picture of him & some mates from 1944, when he was 23, never had any pics of him from this time ...... I'm SO chuffed ...:up:

(I might make up some sort of memorial picture and mount his medals as a keepsake)

:)

• Upvote 3