aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I think he is a genuine character with a peculiar (and amusing outlook) on life. Theres probably many folk similar out there but they just weren't fortunate (?) enough to be discovered by Gervais. I only saw the first season of the Ricky Gervais Show, that was mainly gleaned from the podcasts that I had already heard, perhaps the newer ones are a bit more scripted to try and keep it going?

Anyone been watching The Walking Dead.  Fells like a return to form after the second half of last season was a bit shit. 

I hope The Govenor never comes back.  the worst baddie. 

I felt the prison battle near the end of season 3 was a severe anti climax. Especially when you compare it to what happens in the comic books.

New seasons shaping up to be a corker. Going home to watch episode 2 tonight!

Whilst I had the HBO app open watching Hello Ladies, I noticed there was a whole season of Entourage I forgot about. Fucking love that show and I don't care who knows it. It's like a cheap dirty whore with ADHD. I know it's bad for me but I can't get enough. Acting is awful, the script is awful and 90% of it is just people either entering or exiting large cars...but it's still incredibly entertaining. Gonna hammer through season 8 in the next few days and maybe even start watching from the start.

That's not my main show* though, my main show is The Shield at the moment- onto season 3 of my Shield re-watch. My girflriend is absolutely hooked and I've forgotten enough of what happens to make it almost like watching it for the first time. Great show.

*jake reference

• Upvote 1

rewatched Community. Including season 4. I can't remember what I wrote about it when it came on. But watching them all back to back highlights how shit season 4 was. All the quirkyness seems so forced to be like Dan Harmon's Community. And it's sad because there is a couple of episodes that could have been fantastic with him behind them. The christmas one, the origins one, all the ones about changnesia. They all could have been fantastic but fell flat.

GOLD have been showing re-runs of old Harry Hill's TV Burp. Genuinely one of the best pieces of television ever made. Should be mentioned in the same breath as The Wire.

Ace, are they early ones? I'm always looking for very specific clips of really early episodes but the internet is never forthcoming. YouTube does have this, though, which still makes me laugh every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQRtHkovlg

• Upvote 3

The early ones have less segments like the one above though stuff like "TV Expert of the week" does gradually start cropping up. Generally, I think Harry Hill is a bit nastier towards shitty TV programmes in the earlier ones. A particular highlight was Hill calling the cast of boozy reality TV flick "Club Reps" a bunch of "mouth-breathing parasites".

I read an interview with Harry Hill earlier this year where he said he had to stop doing TV Burp because the research was such hard work, and he was very involved in that side of it. Best guy.

• Upvote 2

The one I read was in one of the telly magazines that came with The Sun, many many months ago. Might have even been last year, and it was around the time he announced it was going to be finishing.

Now I don't know what to watch on Saturday nights. Infact I just dread the weekend approaching these days. Thank god it's Monday tomorrow.

The one I read was in one of the telly magazines that came with The Sun, many many months ago. Might have even been last year, and it was around the time he announced it was going to be finishing.

Now I don't know what to watch on Saturday nights. Infact I just dread the weekend approaching these days. Thank god it's Monday tomorrow.

Normally I watch American sitcoms from the Thursday but they took a break this week!

Speak of, Anyone watch The Millers? Will Arnett's new thing. Truly terrible.

The early ones have less segments like the one above though stuff like "TV Expert of the week" does gradually start cropping up. Generally, I think Harry Hill is a bit nastier towards shitty TV programmes in the earlier ones. A particular highlight was Hill calling the cast of boozy reality TV flick "Club Reps" a bunch of "mouth-breathing parasites".

So great. The one clip I am forever looking for is where he was pissed off that he was the only British person to never have been in an episode of the Bill (I think), so decided to right that wrong. He painted his head blue and glued a walnut whip on top to make it look like a police hat/helmet.

Also, possibly the same episode, there was a montage from the Bill of people panicking and saying "The kids are in the car!" and I can't really remember the context but it was gold too.

Dan Maier was one of the writers for it and he is great on Twitter - https://twitter.com/danielmaier

Normally I watch American sitcoms from the Thursday but they took a break this week!

Speak of, Anyone watch The Millers? Will Arnett's new thing. Truly terrible.

Will Arnett is great, and some of his bits do ever so slightly redeem the show, but it's just godawul in general. And he has done his fair share of godawful shite. I quite like the idea of him in a standard sitcom set up, but it's just a shite premise.

Will Arnett is great, and some of his bits do ever so slightly redeem the show, but it's just godawul in general. And he has done his fair share of godawful shite. I quite like the idea of him in a standard sitcom set up, but it's just a shite premise.

It is that. It's just cheap, easy humour. And we all know he's better than that. Thank god for AD. If it wasn't for that I don't think I'd give him a second chance. But he's lucky, I will.

Has Will Arnett stopped writing? Actually, did he ever write?

I worry that out of the projects he has been heavily involved with, the below-average outnumber the good and that he makes crappy decisions when he should write his own shows instead.

I've got a bad feeling he'll just forever do shitcoms where he'll be told to do a parady of GOB. "Hey Will, get flustered and mess up words like that one episode. And do the red face thing! People love that! We can be on Netflix too!"