aberdeen-music

Mmmmmm Om Nom Nom Nom

DJ Jo-D

Guest Bob Knob
Sweet potato? Bent. Tatties,cut into wedges, tossed in a decent glug of sunflower oil, then coated in paprika, oregano and chilli powder / chilli flakes. Oven.

Sounds like a fannys recipe to me.

Keep it simple, homie.

Inspired by Soda Jerk and his homemade burger, I made some the other night.

Added a couple of mixed chillies, a small onion, clove of garlic into some mince. Tasty as fuck.

I remember one of the Officer brothers saying rather than using an egg to bind the mixture, just bung it in the fridge for about 15-20 mins, worked a treat. Forgot to take a picture though unfortunately.

Guest Bob Knob
Inspired by Soda Jerk and his homemade burger, I made some the other night.

Added a couple of mixed chillies, a small onion, clove of garlic into some mince. Tasty as fuck.

I remember one of the Officer brothers saying rather than using an egg to bind the mixture, just bung it in the fridge for about 15-20 mins, worked a treat. Forgot to take a picture though unfortunately.

The fridge method does work but bunging an egg into it works better. Tried and tested.

I'm making Buffalo Wings tonight. Raw chicken wings are actually quite hard to find. I tried Morrisons, Asda and 3 butchers. The 3rd butchers only had a massive bag of frozen ones. She didn't know how much they should cost, so let me have them for £1.50. There's fucking loads! Must be at least 3kg. If you ever need some, downstairs in the market. Ask for one bathtub of wings. It will cost you chump change.

• Upvote 1

I'm making Buffalo Wings tonight. Raw chicken wings are actually quite hard to find. I tried Morrisons, Asda and 3 butchers. The 3rd butchers only had a massive bag of frozen ones. She didn't know how much they should cost, so let me have them for £1.50. There's fucking loads! Must be at least 3kg. If you ever need some, downstairs in the market. Ask for one bathtub of wings. It will cost you chump change.

I've never seen buffalo sauce sold in the UK. Did you make your own?

How are their other prices?

Bit more than supermarket butcher prices, but I prefer them. They do great sausages. Had some Beef Olives from there too, and they were the best I've had.

I've never seen buffalo sauce sold in the UK. Did you make your own?

Yeah I've got a couple of recipes from an American site. Doesn't seem to be much to it. Think I'm going to concoct a bastardized combination of the two recipes.

You can get Frank's buffalo sauce in a few places nowadays but home made buffalo sauce is piss easy and absolutely gorgeous so I do that instead. As for buying wings - you can usually get them in Sainsburys and I have seen them in Morrisons before but they don't always have them in. They're always dirt cheap 'n' all.

Love making my own buffalo wings. I take Franks hot sauce and add butter, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion powder and brown sugar for the sauce. Piece of piss and far richer than Franks, which I do enjoy.

The cooking method is key. A lot of people fry buffalo wings. I throw the wings in a steamer for 10 minutes, dry them, then oven them for 30ish minutes. Crispy heaven. Then toss them in the sauce, dip them in blue cheese dressing, eat, lean back, and go all Clay Davis.

• Upvote 1

You guys know your shit! Buffalo wings are basically my crack. I had never eaten them before moving to the US and I didn't realise that the 'Buffalo' part referred to the sauce. All other kinds of wings can get to fuck. Blue cheese dip, celery and carrots is the perfect accompaniment.

Actually, Korean BBQ wings are pretty good when done right. Still can't compete with that sweet, vinagary, spicy goodness.

Wings were hot. The fizz from the beers I had with them only prolonged the burn.

I also went for the oven baked route, so it cooks through evenly, as chicken on the bone can get a bit risky if you make a botch job of it. Baked them in an olive oil, garlic and flour crumb, then doused in tons of sauce. I hear celery is the standard accompaniment, but I totally hate celery (I like the texture, but it's that 'celery juice' that burst out of it that makes me gip), so I went for onion rings and massive chips instead - for maximum dipping potential, and pots of blue cheese dip, ranch dressing, and some of the remaining hot sauce. Chips and rings dipped in ranch is the bomb. The crispy coating soaked up hot sauce pretty quickly, so having a pot of extra on the side was good for top ups, and then dunked in the blue cheese. Banging.