aberdeen-music

Your bands best ever song....and why!?

Hog

So whats your bands best song? and why is it? In you opinion.

Mine- Element 106- new song called " The point being" because we had a good vibe writing it and it was very much a group effort. Plus it has a cool riff at the end!

Spike Pile Driver- "Stab the fucking boy band" ace lyrics with tongue in cheek plus a nice stretchy fingered guitar riff! :up:

Guest The Tourist

Hmm, this is a tough one, I mean for Knife Rape "Drowning in Cunt Blood" was really a land mark track, but I think overall my favourite has to be "I'm going to fucking kill you, you cunting son of christdom"...

Currently probably "One More Time For The Money" because it's got a wah intro...followed by a few stonking riffs...then a ripping solo...with wah....then more stonking riffs but with wah...then more stonking riffs. Stonking riffs and wah with ripping solo that's where it's at.

Currently probably "One More Time For The Money" because it's got a wah intro...followed by a few stonking riffs...then a ripping solo...with wah....then more stonking riffs but with wah...then more stonking riffs. Stonking riffs and wah with ripping solo that's where it's at.

sounds good to me!

but for my band i cant really say since most of our ones dont have lyrics (and therefore no name) to em since we just found a singer but i shall get back to you on it!

Guest scott cs.

i would say our best song was one called 'Well, I Don't Know' mainly coz it was the first one that we did with Dee in the band. it's really simple, only 4 chords, but Dane plays some cool parts and it's quite catchy. you can judge for yourselfs on July 22nd at Drakes. ;)

For We Become Less I would say "A Terrible Beauty Is Born" purely for the lyrics cos I'm quite proud of them but overall "Embrace And Consume" is probably the best WBL song I've written. Or "A Short Lesson In Self Destruction". That's quite good. For Radio Lucifer I would say one of the new ones, "Road Story" or "Baby Stars" cos they both rock like mofos. Couldn't really pick a favourite TAR song. There's too many of them really. And I quite like the bassline I worte to "Kill Before You're Killed" by Deadloss but that's not really a song I wrote.

Probably 'Funk Won', as it's the funkiest song i've written with a crappy freestyle and lyrics that change every gig for topical humor, a punchy bassline, and a groove that makes even the lamest of people want to dance; but as almost everyone else has said - the newer song's you've written are usually the best and i've got a heap of those just now. Although i totally wish i could say it was 'chewbacca' ;(

Our new one is like funky wah intro into riff chorus which could finish as a full song, but then goes into a solo, then arpeggio riff, then 7/8 groove.

Landmark song is prob the first we ever wrote. It was the first time i ever met our drummer and me and my bassist made up this funky jam which eventually became 'what i see'. Possibly the cheesiest radio friendly song ever but who cares this is music!

well...we only have two written and a couple of covers....but i'd say OWA's 'thief of hearts'' date=' because we have it down, it's pretty free going so if i fuck up the lyrics or change them um....no one notices! plus it's just awesome.[/quote']

I also like it because I hardly have to do any work until the end! It's great! I can sip champagne or play Metroid: Zero Mission until I do distorted guitar flailing at the end! It's also a song that everyone seems to get caught up in, which is ace.

I'm really digging a couple of currently unnamed song parts we've go because they're oozing potential, but TOH wins out.

Vomitus - Chris Defouled.

its doomy, its evil, its fast, its got a mental build up, it has chants, it has disgustiing lyrics and a fucking crushing riff.

Filthpact - Not A Punk, Just A Cunt

ace title, fast Discharge styled riff, cool mid-section, and the lyrics are so fitting to these cunts nowadays.

i think 'stars' is supposed to be deadloss'ss's'ss's best song. i do quite like the lyrics too.

personally, i like singing 'draw the line', the one with the harmonica. it's fun.

atm though, my favourite deadloss songs are the two newies 'caroline's eyes' (it has philip j on sax) and 'feels like the bomb'. maybe we'll manage to teach em to the band at some point.

???

hmmm thats quite a hard one!

id say i get the best vibe with playing our new song (yet to be played live) "Transhuman Condition For You", fucked up song name and absolutely experimental drummin/guitar.

I like it soo much coz its got me playin a sort of drummin i like to do, its extremely experimental and quite different from our usual stuff.

but then i also love our songs "Suicide blues" and "In God We Must" coz they are so hard hitting, thumping and in yer face frenzy. i like....

adam

Probably "Replace Me" because it has that wonderful grindy synth noise... or "Hillman Pimp" because it has the best lyrics.

Though I do swell with pride when I play the synth rift from "3D Model" :love:

if you ever see my band look out for one called "suburbia".

one of the oldest we have. pretty rockin.

aye.

also i quite dig the "new one" can't remember what it's called. but i like it.

aye thats a fuckin cracker of a song!

as for my band...I'd say one called "I belive" but I don't really know why...i guess cos its the only one which isn't just verse-chorus-verse