aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

14 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Articles that are centered around one tweet.

e.g. http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/gary-lineker-perfectly-summed-up-manchester-city-vs-psg-120416

A mildly amusing/insightful tweet does not warrant 300 words of 'content'. I feel like 80% of the internet is like this nowadays.

You're not wrong on that, all of these 'bibles' and buzzfeed and other sites make the majority of their content by taking one tweet and adding some vague context or some barely-related tweets together and using them to show what 'being a student in Scotland vs. England' or 'fifteen times X won the internet'. The worst are the ones like the above where you'd just like to read his tweet but then you get that click bait tying to sucker you in. Minging.

I feel like the "Most Recent" newsfeed on Facebook has got much worse. All I see when I go on to that now is reams and reams of shite I'm not interested in.

XXX liked this.

*funny picture*

XXX liked this.

*funny picture*

XXX liked this.

*their mate's beauty business*

XXX commented on this.

*tag a mate to waste their time"

XXX liked this.

*their friend's profile picture change"

35 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

I feel like the "Most Recent" newsfeed on Facebook has got much worse. All I see when I go on to that now is reams and reams of shite I'm not interested in.

XXX liked this.

*funny picture*

XXX liked this.

*funny picture*

XXX liked this.

*their mate's beauty business*

XXX commented on this.

*tag a mate to waste their time"

XXX liked this.

*their friend's profile picture change"

Totally deliberate. The fewer people use the Most Recent newsfeed, the greater control the algorithms have over what you see.

xx

• Upvote 1

But if you're not reading stuff that people liked or were tagged in, you're just reading some goober saying  "Had an ice cream today, here's a picture of it".

Status updates and micro-blogging has severely decreased the quality of information that people share. I just avoid it as much as I can now.

It all makes me pretty thankful that I wasn't a baby or a child in the social networking era though. People taking snaps of their kids in the bath and stuff. It's proper weird. I'm glad the pictures of me with birthday cake all over my face are in an album in an attic, and were not viewable by a billion people.

On 19 April 2016 at 11:15 AM, Soda van Jerk said:

But if you're not reading stuff that people liked or were tagged in, you're just reading some goober saying  "Had an ice cream today, here's a picture of it".

Status updates and micro-blogging has severely decreased the quality of information that people share. I just avoid it as much as I can now.

It all makes me pretty thankful that I wasn't a baby or a child in the social networking era though. People taking snaps of their kids in the bath and stuff. It's proper weird. I'm glad the pictures of me with birthday cake all over my face are in an album in an attic, and were not viewable by a billion people.

"*insert baby's name* pee'd in their potty today".  I can't wait to hear when the kid has taken a dump (sarcasm).

On 19/04/2016 at 11:15 AM, Soda van Jerk said:

See I'm the opposite. I want updates from my friends' lives. I'm interested in what people are doing. I'm not interested in seeing what funny pictures they like, or if they tag a friend in a picture of a cheeseburger for no reason. 

33 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

See I'm the opposite. I want updates from my friends' lives. I'm interested in what people are doing. I'm not interested in seeing what funny pictures they like, or if they tag a friend in a picture of a cheeseburger for no reason. 

I just had a sandwich, didn't take a pic though, soz.

Competitive cooking TV shows. The absolute worst category of TV. Definitely a tier below voyeuristic social experiments like Big Brother and I'm a Celeb, and even worse than those weird soap things like "Towie" and Made in Chelsea. Your Masterchefs and your Bake Offs are the pits.

Anyone seen Chopped? The worst of the lot. They have to quickly knock together a restaurant quality 3 course meal, using a hamper of core ingredients, which are usually totally shite. "Right guys, knock together an entree using a tub of beef dripping, Frosted Shreddies, old newspaper clippings and a can of lager. 30 minutes on the clock."

Then, it's the made-up pretentious bullshit the judges make up at the end that makes it, as if what they're eating is remotely edible (it definitely isn't the majority of the time) and they start making up flavours that just aren't there. They're eating crushed up pop tarts and 3 week old bananas covered in instant coffee gravy. Urgh.

And then the contestants start giving it large with the sob stories. "I need to win this for ma kids, man. Doing it for ma kids,y'knar?". Fuck off.

3 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Competitive cooking TV shows. The absolute worst category of TV. Definitely a tier below voyeuristic social experiments like Big Brother and I'm a Celeb, and even worse than those weird soap things like "Towie" and Made in Chelsea. Your Masterchefs and your Bake Offs are the pits.

Anyone seen Chopped? The worst of the lot. They have to quickly knock together a restaurant quality 3 course meal, using a hamper of core ingredients, which are usually totally shite. "Right guys, knock together an entree using a tub of beef dripping, Frosted Shreddies, old newspaper clippings and a can of lager. 30 minutes on the clock."

Then, it's the made-up pretentious bullshit the judges make up at the end that makes it, as if what they're eating is remotely edible (it definitely isn't the majority of the time) and they start making up flavours that just aren't there. They're eating crushed up pop tarts and 3 week old bananas covered in instant coffee gravy. Urgh.

And then the contestants start giving it large with the sob stories. "I need to win this for ma kids, man. Doing it for ma kids,y'knar?". Fuck off.

Chopped was good when it started. Novel idea, interesting dishes and less of the mini-soap opera shit. The judges I've always despised, some more than others. At some point they really turned up the 'reality tv show' factor - all the sob stories and melodramatics during judging. I think it coincided with its popularity. i.e. more people watching = more nonsense to keep morons happy.

That said, i've watched pretty much every episode.

I also really like Top Chef. You'd fucking hate it. I think with Top Chef though, they manage to keep the focus on the food. The drama stuff isn't too much of a big factor. 

Most food shows (well, over here anyway) have gone the chopped route. What happened to just an old french bloke telling you how to make a quiche? It's all about beating clocks and using pop rocks and cooking without pans.

I mean, this just isn't right...

12-cutthroat-kitchen.w529.h352.jpg

Fuck all y'all. I fucking LOVE Chopped! Cutthroat Kitchen is the best one though. You get a wad of cash at the start and bid on penalties for your opponents, and at the end you only win the money you didn't spend bidding. It's amazing.

I love seeing the cocky ones strut in claiming that they'd have Michelin stars if it wasn't for THE MAN keeping them down, then they're told they need to cook a fillet steak using a kettle and they lose their shit.

Haters gonna hate but I love it. The sob stories can get tae fuck though.

KT0513_Alton-Brown-Mini-Kitchen.jpg

xx

• Upvote 1